Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 18, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #19,981 of 62,458
Further impressions of the Aufo M1:
Buzzing distortion occurs with certain bass or piano notes. Very bad in the intro of Magic by Coldplay or the drums in Luv (Sic) by Nujabes. I don't know if it's just my unit as it isn't noticeable with upbeat tracks. Considering exchanging or returning them - not sure if other users have experienced this. It's a shame they have this "aufo" distortion because the sound is otherwise nicely balanced with a fairly large soundstage. They have fairly deep bass but it only shows in certain tracks. Treble is smooth with a bit of sparkle.

Connectivity on my Exynos Note 9 is decent, but it does occasionally cut off if I'm dancing with them with my phone on the table. The BE30 UFO had a similar issue so I suspect it is a similar (Realtek?) chipset. On Windows 10 with SBC the connectivity is mediocre. Latency is much better than Android and ok for gaming, but I get cut-outs when multitasking. AptX devices works much better in this regard.

They also have an auto-power-off function after about 1 minute of no audio playing, even when connected to a device. Anyone experienced this with other TWS? I get that some chips do this to save battery but it's a hassle to have to power on instead of just outright resuming it. Sabbat E12 and Tronsmart Onyx Neo remain on, though the latter drains a lot of battery whether music is playing or not.

EDIT: I asked one reviewer who tested it out and told me there's no buzzing distortion in one of my test tracks. Looks like these are going back.
Just got my Aufo's today, and I must say... they don't sound... Aufo to me. Very clear, balanced sound. Definitely not bass-cannons, but neither are they muddy in the slightest. These are also some of the slimmest profile TWS I've used - remind me of the Bomaker Sifi's in depth of fit. I might very well be able to sleep with these in.

Transparency mode is a joke. Oh, you can hear everything around you crystal clear, but it guts the volume of whatever is playing so much as to be all but useless.

I'm happy with this purchase given the Lightning Deal + the $10 coupon on Amazon. As long as they're truly IPX7 - which means I should be able to shower with them - they'll definitely see a lot of use from me.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #19,982 of 62,458
Found these TWS earbuds on Indiegogo for $50.

Apparently, they come with the QCC5121 chip and have ANC, DSP, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive along with 12 hrs back up & IPX7. Seems too good to be true. Don't really know if there is any other earbud on the market with aptX HD.

Any idea how they might turn out? And, should I take the plunge?
Wow -- so many claims on the IG page, but I don't see anywhere they've listed as "magical" being one of the features. If you have a spare $49 you never want to see again, go for it! :darthsmile:

I have made the mistake of buying more than one pair of TWS on KS or IG, and I have vowed never again. Even if I have eventually gotten something (late), it has never lived up to the claims.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #19,983 of 62,458
Anyone try the Galaxy Buds + yet? The look interesting. They describe a "dual driver" system and the illustrations show it as something a little different than what the typical BA looks like.
I've got the GB+ and the new Beoplay E8 3rd gen. Still comparing and contrasting. Sound is way better on the E83 IMO, but the GB+ are very solid. E83 have a wider soundstage which I usually prefer. That said, the GB+ do sound better than the APP with a wider soundstage. If you have an iPhone like me, the GB+ touch controls and ambient sound FINALLY work great. Same for the E83. Both have Qi and great battery life. E83 fits me much better than past gen. GB+ fit great too with a smaller footprint. I may wind up keeping both. Tough call at this moment. Both are better than the Cleer Ally Plus (this week) :). Do I miss them not having ANC? Not at all. I have the APP and the Sonys for that when needed.

This addiction is relentless.

I've included a few quick photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1850.JPG
    IMG_1850.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4149.JPG
    IMG_4149.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #19,984 of 62,458
Thanks a lot for this short description, it’s appreciated.
I’m not a basshead anyway (I prefer a more neutral and balanced sound).
So, can you tell a bit how does the O7 sounds in terms of treble? I’m a bit concerned since I’m a bit treble-sensitive (especially sibilance)…
And how does it sounds vs the Samsung Galaxy Buds?
The treble is airy but hardly ever sibilance. The mifo07 has the best mid that I have ever heard so far. If you ever heard a good pair of bookshelf speaker, it sounded like that. It's not like the mifo07 doesn't have bass, but you won't get those rumble from typical tws instead you get a tight and detailed bass.
Samsung sounds thin compared to mifo07 especially the mid.

Feb 18, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #19,986 of 62,458
The treble is airy but hardly ever sibilance. The mifo07 has the best mid that I have ever heard so far. If you ever heard a good pair of bookshelf speaker, it sounded like that. It's not like the mifo07 doesn't have bass, but you won't get those rumble from typical tws instead you get a tight and detailed bass.
Samsung sounds thin compared to mifo07 especially the mid.

Thanks a lot!

Feb 18, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #19,987 of 62,458

But what is the point really? A custom w/o ambient makes little sense. You might get better fit and added isolation but that would make you have to take them out w/o some kind of hear through. Guess they might sound a little better being custom but seems still the same driver that is said to be just a step above the model X+. That worth $500?, no ANC or ambient, 8 hours, very good but perhaps not actually great SQ. You have to charge via a cable like this...
1582062971574.png

No IPX rating of course. Not seeing the draw unless they are flat out the best things for sound by far.

Feb 18, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #19,988 of 62,458
But what is the point really? A custom w/o ambient makes little sense. You might get better fit and added isolation but that would make you have to take them out w/o some kind of hear through. Guess they might sound a little better being custom but seems still the same driver that is said to be just a step above the model X+. That worth $500?, no ANC or ambient, 8 hours, very good but perhaps not actually great SQ. You have to charge via a cable like this...
1582062971574.png
No IPX rating of course. Not seeing the draw unless they are flat out the best things for sound by far.
Agree mostly, I'd be interested in reading the reviews before pulling the trigger for something like this.

Very interesting concept though, I guess it was only a matter of time before customs started to appear in wireless spectrum.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #19,990 of 62,458
Just got my Aufo's today, and I must say... they don't sound... Aufo to me. Very clear, balanced sound. Definitely not bass-cannons, but neither are they muddy in the slightest. These are also some of the slimmest profile TWS I've used - remind me of the Bomaker Sifi's in depth of fit. I might very well be able to sleep with these in.

Transparency mode is a joke. Oh, you can hear everything around you crystal clear, but it guts the volume of whatever is playing so much as to be all but useless.

I'm happy with this purchase given the Lightning Deal + the $10 coupon on Amazon. As long as they're truly IPX7 - which means I should be able to shower with them - they'll definitely see a lot of use from me.
Any distortion? I'm getting a nasty buzzing with the intro of Magic by Coldplay among many other tracks. It often happens on the right bud but sometimes switches around. I also noticed it gets worse when the buds get stuck on the magnet of the charging case so my unit probably has bad shielding. If it wasn't for getting a dud I would recommend them.

I then bought a Muzili EA10... SBC only, dark, mid-bassy sound, fake USB-C port (Type-A charging only), and distortion at high volumes unless I turn off volume sync control and bring it down. Considering returning these...

I've been considering the GRDE T11 but then a user told me they tried two units which both had flipped stereo channels. I also see an ambiguous YouTube video using a GaiaControl app to upgrade the firmware to fix this issue...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07ZD82MFL/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A29BZ6JHE6B7A5&psc=1

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #19,992 of 62,458
Any distortion? I'm getting a nasty buzzing with the intro of Magic by Coldplay among many other tracks. It often happens on the right bud but sometimes switches around. I also noticed it gets worse when the buds get stuck on the magnet of the charging case so my unit probably has bad shielding. If it wasn't for getting a dud I would recommend them.

I then bought a Muzili EA10... SBC only, dark, mid-bassy sound, fake USB-C port (Type-A charging only), and distortion at high volumes unless I turn off volume sync control and bring it down. Considering returning these...

I've been considering the GRDE T11 but then a user told me they tried two units which both had flipped stereo channels. I also see an ambiguous YouTube video using a GaiaControl app to upgrade the firmware to fix this issue...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07ZD82MFL/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A29BZ6JHE6B7A5&psc=1
I need to get some hours on them before I pass judgement but a first pass says no distortion to speak of. I listen at low to mid volumes. Expect them to get smoother.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #19,993 of 62,458
Feb 18, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #19,994 of 62,458
Just received my FIIL T1X. only 30 minutes in and I’m impressed. I’d like different tips though, preferably foam. Any idea what size Comply fit these?

Any driver flex in the left ear bud?

if not, where did you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back