Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 17, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #19,951 of 62,452
Found these TWS earbuds on Indiegogo for $50.

Apparently, they come with the QCC5121 chip and have ANC, DSP, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive along with 12 hrs back up & IPX7. Seems too good to be true. Don't really know if there is any other earbud on the market with aptX HD.

Any idea how they might turn out? And, should I take the plunge?

Feb 17, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #19,952 of 62,452

Apparently, they come with the QCC5121 chip and have ANC, DSP, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive along with 12 hrs back up & IPX7. Seems too good to be true. Don't really know if there is any other earbud on the market with aptX HD.

no

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #19,953 of 62,452
I got my Lypertek Tevi replacement today. They agreed to replace the ones that were ruined by resetting them after the beta upgrade.
Free DHL Express from Hong Kong (sent Thurday, got them today) AND to my surprise: These are updated with the same sound signature as the beta upgrade, and with working app connection. They also have the new packaging as described on Lyperteks home page, so it proves I got the latest version.
I'm sooo pleased! :) It can't get better than this. They sound fantastic straight out of the box with the standard silicone tips. (M)

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #19,954 of 62,452

ordering something from AE took long enough time, i don't want to wait for longer time.
the only indiegogo project i ever participated was the Pamu Scroll

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #19,955 of 62,452
They’re not ANC, just passive isolation but do a great job. I’ve had all the E8 gen and these are definitely better than the last three. I’m really loving the sound. I listen mostly to hard rock, metal and movie scores. All sound great. I know I paid a premium but they’re def a gorgeous package. Love Qi charging as well.

Getting the new Galaxy Buds + today and look forward to comparing the two.
Looking forward to your comparison since I'm also a rock/metal guy. I'm strongly considering the E8 3.0. I'm not sure whether my next phone will be a Samsung so the Galaxy Buds' proprietary codec may be worthless to me in the near future. Hanging onto my S9+ for now.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #19,956 of 62,452
Feb 17, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #19,958 of 62,452
They’re not ANC, just passive isolation but do a great job. I’ve had all the E8 gen and these are definitely better than the last three. I’m really loving the sound. I listen mostly to hard rock, metal and movie scores. All sound great. I know I paid a premium but they’re def a gorgeous package. Love Qi charging as well.

Getting the new Galaxy Buds + today and look forward to comparing the two.
Nice! the price sounds totally reasonable for great sound... I just need to decide how bad I want ANC...

Feb 17, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #19,959 of 62,452
It could be your source, too.

My Nuarls were very spotty in crowded places when I used my shanling m0 as a source but with the g7 power they are rock solid everywhere
I was pleasantly surprised by the range on the Nuarls... I can walk all the way upstairs in my hizzle and the music doesn't skip or drop. I've enjoyed the Jabra 65's but I can barely walk into the next room. Same Tidal tracks off same device (iphone...)

Feb 17, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #19,960 of 62,452
In answer to the NFMI and the above.
  • NFMI is at a much lower frequency than Bluetooth (2.4Ghz versus 13Mhz for NFMI) which allows it to go through the body, unlike Bluetooth. If you want to connect the L and Right together without having two connections to the Bluetooth transmitter then it is best way of doing it. Today, it is a tiny single chip, low power solution with a typical almost 600kbps transmission speed, so generally better bandwidth than typical Bluetooth audio to the TWS, however, there is no standard for audio codec which means that anything (or what is cheapest/easiest to engineer/lowest power etc) goes.
  • AAC or LDAC encoding would use too much power so you'd need some other encoder for NFMI
  • Each earphone has exactly the same chip otherwise you wouldn't be able to use them independently, the only difference is that when they are paired together, one is an NFMI transmitter/NFMI audio encoder and Bluetooth receiver/Bluetooth audio decoder, and the other an NFMI receiver/NFMI audio decoder... hence why you sometimes see differences in power consumption on each side
  • Using Bluetooth for both sides today needs proprietary help, such as timing synchronisation, until we see the next version (aka LE-Audio) implemented.
Sounds like NFMI is a combination of being more cost effective in terms of hardware and easier to engineer, which itself drives more cost efficiencies.

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #19,963 of 62,452
Tried the galaxy buds plus. Ok sound quality. Mids sounds a bit artificial and bass lacks a tad of definition. Not the best choice in sound quality (Nuarl N6 Pro still the best to me). The mic is great though.

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #19,964 of 62,452
Back from canjam.

Soundcore Anker Liberty 2 Pros - Nice TWS offering. Great upper-range detail and low-end emphasis from a TWS. Solid mid-range performance. I wound up getting a pair but havent put them through their paces. Very impressed. They will be replacing my noble falcons and i may put those up for sale.
RHA TWS - this reminded me of the LP2s but refined. Almost exactly the same sound. 5-hour battery life and cutouts i was experiencing were a deal breaker. But the ~$80 show price was almost tempting.
SONY WF1000 - They were ok.

Didnt see anything from AT but also didn't look very hard. I feel like i am missing another offering but it must not have been that good.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #19,965 of 62,452
Anyone tried both the Shanling MTW100 and the Mifo O7?
I'm struggling between these two and wondering which one has the better sound quality... Both have great reviews and are in the same price range here in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back