Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #16,607 of 62,486
@d3myz

Can you please elaborate on the Mpow M20's? What made you put them off?

I cannot find decent reviews everywhere except for a video that doesn't even touch sound, but rather the functionality and design.

Thanks in advance!
I can't remember exaclty, I only had them a day or so. I do remember the didn't sound anywhere near as good as the T5. They were an odd shape as well and they felt cheap. If you search this thread for the M20, I think i left my impressions somewhere.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #16,608 of 62,486
I can't remember exaclty, I only had them a day or so. I do remember the didn't sound anywhere near as good as the T5. They were an odd shape as well and they felt cheap. If you search this thread for the M20, I think i left my impressions somewhere.
Ah, I see. Yes, I scoured the forum and found some of your insight. Thanks for the incredibly quick reply! I think I'll skip these for now.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #16,609 of 62,486
I'd say the MW07 fits better than the L2p. It's still rather shallow, but not as shallow as the L2p at all. Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up another MW077 for $124.50 in Steel Blue, What a deal!

Oh, heck. Why not...

I ordered the mw07 as well. It is a great price. :beerchug:

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #16,610 of 62,486
I prefer Comply Audio Pro foam tips with the L2P, no wings. I don't use them to work out, just walk at the most. They stay put, sound great. Also, I use them on the go, so listen to the 13,000+ tracks on my IP8 so I can EQ them without the app. That works for me. At home, I use the Sony WH1000X-M3 or the Blon 03 buds, no need for TW in-ears. Anyway, the Comply foams are a great match with the L2P. Had some money on an Amazon gift card, so ordered the Jabra 75t (based on HiFlight's posts). Interested to compare. I've owned the Sonys, the Senn MTW, etc. Not worth the extra money. Have the Cambridge Melomani 1 also, love them (but only with foam).

How is the sound and fit with the Cambridge compared to the L2P?

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #16,611 of 62,486
So, I got a wild hair and pulled out the EarFun free and compared it to the MW07 and the T1x. You can call BS on this, but it sounds better than both. Great bass, excellent highs without being too thin, much better mids than the T1x. I still love the T1x and the app is great, there's an actual burn in for the headphones, it says it takes 3,000 min. lol lots of different stages of pink noise at diff. volumes etc. i'm going to try it. I'm glad I bought 2 pair of the Free, they are fantastic. No volume control, but hey My sony's don't really either. :grin:
The Sony, after firmware update, now have the option to add Vol control. :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #16,612 of 62,486
@Quicky32.

I like them both equally, different form factors and subtle sound differences. The M1s are built like tanks, a bit of the Frankenstein look. The L2P are, well, they just stick out a lot.

But they are both fantastic IMHO. I am using the L2P here right now, listening to Melody Gardot Live in Europe via Amazon HD Music. Don't turn on the app, just using the sound as is via the streaming service. Sounds sweet. Sound-wise, I am not expert but the L2P is a bit more treble-focused, in a good way. The M1s are smoother across the board. The M1s don't get much love here, but I like them. I have like 12 pair of the OEM foamies (long story). Using the silicone tips, not the same for me. I guess I am a foam tip freak. End of story.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #16,613 of 62,486
Anyone get the air-xr for a second opinion yet? I'm also dying for news of the Nuarl N6 Pro....

Also, I felt you gents & ladies would appreciate this Insta post:

“Put your TWS on a wire!”

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #16,614 of 62,486
I want to add my praise for the Tronsmart Spunky Beat. They sound pretty fantastic! And the fit is excellent. They do remind me a lot of the Anbes 359 / SSK. Right out of the box with the supplied L size tips I get a great seal, just did a 10K run with them, not a single signal drop.
It appears that even though me stupid ordered a few days before Black Friday for 25$, I already received the new version. For sure I have volume control (triple tap), not sure if the LEDs were much different, my version still blinks blue every 5 or so seconds.
If you can grab them for 20$ (5 more h to go!), they are a steal. Nice small package, that included cable is kinda nice, don't really see me use it .. hmm .. maybe on a plane :)

Cancelled my order of the Onyx Neo (16.99$ after coupon) though. They seem so similar. And i really have enough buds, and I am so in love with my APP! They are now even replacing my Bose QC35 at my desktop :)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #16,617 of 62,486
I want to add my praise for the Tronsmart Spunky Beat. They sound pretty fantastic! And the fit is excellent. They do remind me a lot of the Anbes 359 / SSK. Right out of the box with the supplied L size tips I get a great seal, just did a 10K run with them, not a single signal drop.
It appears that even though me stupid ordered a few days before Black Friday for 25$, I already received the new version. For sure I have volume control (triple tap), not sure if the LEDs were much different, my version still blinks blue every 5 or so seconds.
If you can grab them for 20$ (5 more h to go!), they are a steal. Nice small package, that included cable is kinda nice, don't really see me use it .. hmm .. maybe on a plane :)

Cancelled my order of the Onyx Neo (16.99$ after coupon) though. They seem so similar. And i really have enough buds, and I am so in love with my APP! They are now even replacing my Bose QC35 at my desktop :)
While I really like how the Spunky Beats sound, I'm not able to listen because they are dropping connection literally every 3 seconds. 1 at a time, then both, then reconnecting. They have to be defective.

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #16,619 of 62,486

Nice. Shallower fit or deep?

Once I get mine I'll let you know if they blink or not. Supposedly not.

While I really like how the Spunky Beats sound, I'm not able to listen because they are dropping connection literally every 3 seconds. 1 at a time, then both, then reconnecting. They have to be defective.

Wow. That sucks. Have you tried resetting them and deleting them from your device and re-pairing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back