Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 4, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #16,640 of 62,468
By the way, also received the Soundcore Liberty Neo the same day, but spent so far much less time with them, but overall quite happy with the sound and the fit (though they seem huuuge compared to the same day arrival Spunky Beats) ... i cannot recall what made me order those though ... i guess cheap price compared to what they used to be listed for? Oh, and those rubber fittings are always nice ... sporty ... will try on run tomorrow, pretty sure they will have mega runner's thud (like the Spunky Beat also have)

They sure do thump, i tested on my ride this morning, but stangely enough, even though it vibrates and rumbles (like runner's thump, but at a more faster tempo) like other closed IEMs under the helmet, the frequency of the rumbles doesn't interfere too much like the other, so i can still hear the music more clearly.

I compared it to my Galaxy Buds, and while the Galaxy buds has a better technicalities in sound quality (better depth of soundstage, clearer separation), but i can't say there's a glaring weakness of the Anker Neo's sound. How do you compare it to the Tronsmart SQ wise? I was eyeing on the Onyx, but still hesitant. There's also a few new ANC TWS that appeals to me, and also the new Mifo O7

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #16,642 of 62,468
It was quite thumpy :wink:
Thanks, it's not really surprising since they seal. Have you used the Nillkin GO again ? Would you say they're worth it for a runner or we're always going to be going back to the X12 anyway ? :wink:

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #16,644 of 62,468
How is the sound and fit with the Cambridge compared to the L2P?
The Cambridge have a HUGE nozzle that needs to be rammed down you ear canal to get a seal. Needless to say it's a painful experience, I sent mine back in a hurry. I didn't care much for the sound either, very warm and forget about the mics. Cambridge told me I had to check that the mic hole was positioned towards the bottom when inserting...right, like we have nothing else to do and with no other TW having that requirement...
Compared to that the L2Ps are a piece of cake to fit and do not have to be rammed down your ear canal so you can actually wear them for more than 15 minutes and not have sore ears the next day :wink: Like you I had fit issues with the stock tips but with the Final E LL it's ok now. It's a shallow fit and seal though. Won't work for noisy environments but I have the Echo Buds for that.

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #16,646 of 62,468
If you don't have them already, get the Ear Fun Free and the Fiil T1x.
The Fiil are like 80$ on AliX and when I search ear fun free ....
523735C8-C52F-481B-A4B2-1196902FBD7C.jpeg

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #16,649 of 62,468
i buckled and purchased the Sony WF1000xm3, i was searching for ANC for travelling, been tossing up between full headphone or this XM3, but decided going for the latter. can't wait for tomorrow when it arrives

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #16,650 of 62,468
Besides the shallow fit, I am not really liking the overblown bass in the L2P, and find myself gravitating to the MTW100 more often for its neutral yet dynamic sound. I have tried all the presets in the app, I even tried the HearID without any help, as well as non-foam tips. The bass is just always there calling attention to itself. I would say these would be good for a basshead. I'm hoping the mw07 is not so bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back