Gilmore Lite Amp Owners Unite!
Aug 26, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #64 of 739
Does a Dynalo count? It was the first amp I built after I got here.

Though it's disembodied at the moment. Awhile back, I found someone here selling a completed Dynalo board and I grabbed it. I also have two completed STEPs. Sooner or later, I'll case those up into a Dynamid/Gilmore Reference. There are a lot of tubes around here - a good solid state amp should be on the rack, too.

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #65 of 739
I don't know what counts, but that's a cool DIY! I did some research on the whole Dyna-variations when you posted in another thread about them.... Looks like you can build a monster if you choose!

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #66 of 739
Aug 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #67 of 739
^ sadly a bit out of my budget, what else? 
popcorn.gif

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #70 of 739
I had the GLite with DPS and DacMagic at one point, paired with a Grado HF-2 and RS-1. While this was over a year and a half ago, I can safely say that I was liking what I was hearing. The GLite is a neutral but somewhat analytical amp-- reason for some to bemoan its 'lack' of bass presence in favor of the Headamp GS-1-- and was a better pairing with the HF-2's in my opinion. (Later, I found that it was a fantastic amp for an early-model set of HD600's.) Still, the RS-1's sounded very good with rock and acoustic recordings. I certainly do miss my GLite from time to time. Loved the hell out of that little amp!

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #71 of 739
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've been away for almost three years (addict had to step away from the Head-fi crack pipe)... I'm happy to see continued love for the Glimore Lite. I ordered mine almost four years ago, and still use it just about every work day. I did have to send it in to Justin for a DPS-to-Glite cable repair, but otherwise it's been rock-solid. For the last three-plus years, it's driven my modded Denon "MD-5000" beautifully, along with my Yuin Pk1 and Freqs.

The Freqs were recently stolen, and I purchased a pair of Ety hf3, and those are sounding great as well from the Glite.

After a bunch of buying and selling -- and the years away -- I am so glad I ended up with Glite+DPS and Pico. Quality products that have held their value (monetarily and performance-wise). Thanks, Justin and Headamp!

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #72 of 739
I just leant my G-Lite out for an extended period to a friend and fellow Head-Fi'er.  He offered to buy it, but honestly I couldn't bear to part with it permanently... it's just one of those amps I'd always like to keep.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #73 of 739
Been a long time since anyone has posted here... but I have joined the ranks of Glite+DPS owners. Very pleased with this amp and the AKG k601.

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #74 of 739
Anybody tried the glite with a maverick d2? As a less expensive alternative to the mhdt choices?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #75 of 739
I'm joining the party late, so please forgive me and ignore me if you're all elsewhere.  But Andrew sold me a mint Gilmore Lite, which I wanted for dynamic and IEM use; it runs my 334 at another level than I've experienced, so I wanted to register my deep appreciation for this diminutive and over-achieving amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back