Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 17, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #5,356 of 5,506
Yeah, people get "called-out" for not wearing the Beats, but have you ever seen anyone get "called-out" for not wearing Audio-Technicas? Someday i wish that would happen....
smile.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #5,360 of 5,506
If I could get a pair of Beats Pros for 75$, I would. But I ain't paying 400$ for these.
It's blasphemy, The Pros Detox, which sound EXACTLY like the pros are 500$. A pair of Sennheiser HD 598s sound way better (I have them, and I've tried the pros) and you can get them for around 250$

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #5,362 of 5,506
Here is the story I have from going to Best Buy the other day:

I wanted to see how much better my modded SR-80i's are than a Beats Pro, so where better place to test that then Best Buy? While testing out the Pro's, one of the employees came over and said something like, "Ah, I see you're liking the Beats Pro. I have a pair of Studio's myself" and then went on to say how good they were in comparison to the competition, specifically the Sennheiser headphones that were right next to them. I let him finish, then asked him if he wanted to listen to my SR-80i's (I vented the drivers...hehe). He took them from me, found something on my iPod that he liked. After about a minute he took them off and said, "Huh. Those were pretty great, but look at them. They don't look as good as the Pro's, do they?" That was when I left; no reason arguing with some employee at Best Buy haha.

Comparison-wise, guess what? My SR-80i's blew the Pro's out of the water. It was pretty ridiculous the jump in quality going from the Beats Pro to listening to my SR-80i's. And I paid $50 for them. 
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #5,364 of 5,506

Quote:

I wanted to see how much better my modded SR-80i's are than a Beats Pro, so where better place to test that then Best Buy? While testing out the Pro's, one of the employees came over and said something like, "Ah, I see you're liking the Beats Pro. I have a pair of Studio's myself" and then went on to say how good they were in comparison to the competition, specifically the Sennheiser headphones that were right next to them. I let him finish, then asked him if he wanted to listen to my SR-80i's (I vented the drivers...hehe). He took them from me, found something on my iPod that he liked. After about a minute he took them off and said, "Huh. Those were pretty great, but look at them. They don't look as good as the Pro's, do they?" That was when I left; no reason arguing with some employee at Best Buy haha.

Comparison-wise, guess what? My SR-80i's blew the Pro's out of the water. It was pretty ridiculous the jump in quality going from the Beats Pro to listening to my SR-80i's. And I paid $50 for them. 
wink.gif

hehe - like a BAWS

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #5,365 of 5,506

Quote:

wink.gif

Nice.

Somebody should bring in a pair of LCD-2/3s or Stax and see what he says.

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #5,367 of 5,506

Quote:
Going completely off topic, I heard that Apple MP3 players actually have a horrible audio chip. Would music quality vary between different MP3 players? I heard that the Zune has an amazing audio chip, and I was wondering if it's worth purchasing just for that, but can you actually notice a change? Is that why the Cowon MP3 players are so popular on Head-Fi? 

IK I'm getting off topic, but I'm still new-ish to HF audio and just want to get a little more enlightened, and I thought that creating a new thread every time I have a new question would be annoying.

I've heard that the Zune has a much better audio chip, but all around, an iPod is much more useful because of all the apps you can get for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back