Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #5,311 of 5,506
http://beatsbydre.com/reviews/read.aspx?pinNumber=5772#pr-header-5772

"just perfect, do not believe that this dock would produce much bass! impressive. he brings the party to his house. recommend."

"as soon as i get home i stick my iphone on the dock and turn the volume way up. i put the beatbox in the corner so the bass is deeper.my whole room/walls/floor shake. i cry everytime i use my beatbox haha. AMAZING speakers no problems what so ever. i love it! BUY IT! or be an idiot.."

"this is the greatest peice of audio equipment i have ever bought....bass is great..treble is great..a little toooo much midrange...if ur using an ipod...download an equalizer app...adjust to ur liking...it is perfect!!!"

"These speakers have the most amazing sound quality I have ever heard. I got them for Christmas and I absolutely love them. The bass is incredible! The only con to this product is the price which is because it is so well made. I couldn't be happier with them. Definitly recomend to anybody who enjoys music, specifically rap, R&B, or pop. Others genres sound good too but Hip-Hop sounds best. Like I said, absoluteley amazing."

Can't wait to see kids wearing these on their heads.

Looks to be getting some favorable reviews as well. Seems legit since 77 reviewers have classified themselves as audiophiles and have a grasp on the English language.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #5,312 of 5,506

Quote:

[size=small]
Beats is definitely playing on the marketing heavily and the general lack of comparison shopping at the store level; Beats vs Bose seriously
?  ​
It's hard to convince ​
someone​
 to spend 100s of ​
dollars​
 on a product they just cant try out and that's where ther marking plays in.  Uneducated consumers who already listen to particular type of music will naturally assume their favorite musician/performer is a credible source of ​
knowledge and thus follows his/her recommendation; Beats are born.
[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small]
Honestly​
 its hard to 'sell' headphones on paper/ads to someone with zero point of reference.  But once you have them listen to their own ears with their own music, you'll see that magical moment when ​
the​
 light turns on.  As a personal crusade, I took it upon myself to expose my friends/family to the light that is high-fi headphones and have since successfully graduated a dozen or so people to better headphones at lower expense (until they start fiddling with amps and like) and as long as my immediate circle is purged of the Bose et al, i can die happy. =)​
[/size]

I'm proud of you for showing people the right path, you'll definitely be going to Headphone Heaven for that 
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #5,313 of 5,506

Quote:

"just perfect, do not believe that this dock would produce much bass! impressive. he brings the party to his house. recommend."

"as soon as i get home i stick my iphone on the dock and turn the volume way up. i put the beatbox in the corner so the bass is deeper.my whole room/walls/floor shake. i cry everytime i use my beatbox haha. AMAZING speakers no problems what so ever. i love it! BUY IT! or be an idiot.."

"this is the greatest peice of audio equipment i have ever bought....bass is great..treble is great..a little toooo much midrange...if ur using an ipod...download an equalizer app...adjust to ur liking...it is perfect!!!"

"These speakers have the most amazing sound quality I have ever heard. I got them for Christmas and I absolutely love them. The bass is incredible! The only con to this product is the price which is because it is so well made. I couldn't be happier with them. Definitly recomend to anybody who enjoys music, specifically rap, R&B, or pop. Others genres sound good too but Hip-Hop sounds best. Like I said, absoluteley amazing."

Looks to be getting some favorable reviews as well. Seems legit since 77 reviewers have classified themselves as audiophiles and have a grasp on the English language.

Bringing back the old days where people carry beatboxes and start break dancing or rapping out of nowhere.

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #5,314 of 5,506

Quote:

Funny, these are more tolerable to read than the headphone reviews. Oh wait, I take that back, first and last reviews are not so well, except for the recommendations since that's where they would excel sadly enough, but for the price every other headphone does better.

I do have a lingering question now though (for anyone obviously), which company can't you stand?

BEATS or BOSE?

Oh hey! they start with a B!

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #5,316 of 5,506
I know we've mentioned before how other headphone companies need to work a little harder at their marketing and styling.  It maybe catching on slowly but surly with some companies but not our favs just yet.  Maybe they all will get away from the basic black and grey styling at some point...it won't bother me really as long as the sound keeps getting better.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/headphones/citiscape-collection-uptown-shl5905gy_28/prd/en/

http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-eu/Headphones/High-Fidelity-Headphones/ST700/

http://klipsch.co.uk/cat/ipod-headphones/product/modem40

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #5,318 of 5,506

Quote:

So bass cannon, treble head speakers? and since when is no midrange too much?

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5,319 of 5,506
I went to this shop the other day looking for portable bass headphones..

One choice was the AKG 518 series, which sounded pretty good for $69 retail. Good bass impact that doesn't drown out the rest of the spectrum. 
However, coming from SRH440's, clarity and precision is simply not there. 

So the salesperson shows me this and lets me try it with my Shure SRH440's

http://www.headphonebar.com/digizoid-zo-2/

Trust me when I say that this little thing turned the 440's from a fairly Neutral Studio monitoring headphone into a Bass Monster, I kid you not. After getting the bass almost up to max level (red color I believe) the 440's has the XB500's bass impact along with the 440's clarity.  The earcups were literally rumbling ... and no distortion..    What a little beauty..

However, it was out of my price range so I went with the Fiio E-11 which is very very impressive for $60 (retail). Not as strong of a bass impact, but really really shows what the SRH440's can do if properly driven. 

Now, all I need is a straight cable and I'm fairly portable.. (not as much as I would like... but I guess I can make certain sacrifices in favor of sound)

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #5,321 of 5,506
No great punch line to this one but this last weekend a couple audiophile buddies of mine and i were rollin through the streets of royal oak, mi in a baller grey astro van when outta this restaurant comes this maybe 10 yr old kid with the rest of his family and he's got beats strung around his neck... needless to say we went crazy in that van goin off on those things... 

on a semi related note, i was in the apple store today picking up a dock for my phone and at the "headphone" section these two kids are gawking at the beats... i tried to listen in on the conversation but it was too loud in there and they were whispering something like "duuuude do you know how much these are?!"

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #5,322 of 5,506

Quote:
Zo2 is VERY nice :wink:

Yes.. it really is... I honestly didn't realize that headphone amps can actually alter the headphones' profile this way.  Enhancing it and bringing it to its full potential is what I understood portable amps usage to be. But that gizmo-thingy.. SRH440 turned into MegaBass with Clearity..  Put to shame the Studios, the Pros, and even the XB500's... 

Though I wonder how the XB's, Studios and Pros would sound under that amp.. Probably nothing but bass.

On another note, I had another pleasure at re-auditioning the HD800's (yes, those $1500 Senns), and did a 1 to 1 with the Shures while testing with an acoustic track (CD) and properly amped... fogot the amp model (but it was a Monster)   And you know what, the Shures hold up nicely... But....  There is simply no contest..

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #5,323 of 5,506

Quote:
Yes.. it really is... I honestly didn't realize that headphone amps can actually alter the headphones' profile this way.  Enhancing it and bringing it to its full potential is what I understood portable amps usage to be. But that gizmo-thingy.. SRH440 turned into MegaBass with Clearity..  Put to shame the Studios, the Pros, and even the XB500's... 

Though I wonder how the XB's, Studios and Pros would sound under that amp.. Probably nothing but bass.

On another note, I had another pleasure at re-auditioning the HD800's (yes, those $1500 Senns), and did a 1 to 1 with the Shures while testing with an acoustic track (CD) and properly amped... fogot the amp model (but it was a Monster)   And you know what, the Shures hold up nicely... But....  There is simply no contest..

I suggest taking a look at my 3 amp comparison :)
The ZO2 was the first amp I decided to keep and in fact enjoy
It not only brings amazing bass with no compromise, but also brings a proper richness to the sound - this is the main reason I've kept it and can't live without it.
I charge my ZO2 every 2 days - as I use it 24/7

-> i never was an amp nor cable guy
With my ZO2 I became an amp person + a custom made  LOD  interconnect :p

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #5,324 of 5,506

Quote:
I suggest taking a look at my 3 amp comparison :)
The ZO2 was the first amp I decided to keep and in fact enjoy
It not only brings amazing bass with no compromise, but also brings a proper richness to the sound - this is the main reason I've kept it and can't live without it.
I charge my ZO2 every 2 days - as I use it 24/7

-> i never was an amp nor cable guy
With my ZO2 I became an amp person + a custom made LOD :p

an LOD for SGS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back