Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #3,886 of 5,506
Yeah totally, and I can understand the annoyance in that. Although I suppose I don't really take too much offense if the person is just uneducated about headphones. I only really get annoyed if someone is raggin on me, or kind of bragging because they have beats. 

That doesn't happen often, mind you. That's the kind of person I meant that is terrible. I misread into what you guys were talking about though, true. 

well usually, it's not a full call out that you might think. it's them asking u what the heck you are wearing and trying to be polite and "inform" you of higher qualty and the best heapdhones ever out on the market

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #3,887 of 5,506

Quote:
Yeah totally, and I can understand the annoyance in that. Although I suppose I don't really take too much offense if the person is just uneducated about headphones. I only really get annoyed if someone is raggin on me, or kind of bragging because they have beats. 

That doesn't happen often, mind you. That's the kind of person I meant that is terrible. I misread into what you guys were talking about though, true. 

both ahppen. but just saying. the kind i was describing happens more often.it's annoying but i can feel what they meant :/ they felt superior in that moment and through their human civic quality tried to help a poor soul. sadly, it is us who must help them and feel superior(hey i will admit it, we all feel superior deep down when we do a intellectual helping of someone.)

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #3,889 of 5,506

Quote:
I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK.

Saw it on reddit.... i just thought one thing then ......

Genius

it's a double sided sword :D 

and if somehow the site's don't go down. the internet will go up in uproar...like mass uproar if the congressmen's and SOPA supporting sites don't get taken down form this bc, SOAP doesn't have to alert the site if they have "Content" on their site and so if their site doesnt go down. people will think it was corrupt system. Weather this is true or not in that situation doesn't matter. people will be up in uproar.so.

WIN WIN :D....but then that's the same as a nuclear war. ...in the end..nothing's left

Edit:

when i saw this...wow SOO MANY BEYERS!!! All i see are Beyer's and Sony's. there might've been a Fostex T50RP (from what it looked like) and some AKG's :D and here we are.....Lil Wayne using a Beyer DT770 in this video :D

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #3,890 of 5,506

Quote:
I have to wonder why you even continued to argue with him for so long over something largely inane.
In a sense, he can argue that his PoV is as valid as yours; however, that doesn't indicate it's as valuable as yours. The credentials you listed boast the value of your input, not the validity of it.

The argument was very simple; my statement was that the 'quality' of the Headphones in comparison to its' listed or purchase price was highly unreasonable- based on other market headphones, the Beats have a lower score when you look at sonic-diamond level headphones at half the price. I was clear about my argument- he was arguing something else entirely while Still trying to dispute my claim.

More so, he argued on MY wall. Eventually, a professional sound technician (and a friend of mine) showed up and set the record straight. *shrugs* I think I can actually get a DT880pro and a reasonable amp for 600AUD... and still have money to buy a reasonable collection of classical works.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #3,891 of 5,506

Quote:
The argument was very simple; my statement was that the 'quality' of the Headphones in comparison to its' listed or purchase price was highly unreasonable- based on other market headphones, the Beats have a lower score when you look at sonic-diamond level headphones at half the price. I was clear about my argument- he was arguing something else entirely while Still trying to dispute my claim.

More so, he argued on MY wall. Eventually, a professional sound technician (and a friend of mine) showed up and set the record straight. *shrugs* I think I can actually get a DT880pro and a reasonable amp for 600AUD... and still have money to buy a reasonable collection of classical works.

So what exactly did his 'argument' consist of? What did he state as opposed to what you're stating?

As NdP previously stated a page or so ago, that poster who was rudely posting on your wall, may have easily been making a valid point or argument.  It doesn't take much to make a valid argument, or to state that one is as valid as the next. All it takes is a set of statements that logically support a conclusion. A valid argument doesn't even required to be real or truth within the sense of reality or real factual truth. 

Now, whether he made a sound argument is a different story. And even then, despite the fact that on realistic parameters of value of headphones where Quality of sound is measured against a price bracket in a given region within consideration to other headphones at a similar price range, that person could have still made a sound argument; if he is arguing the he feels that the Pros are more valuable to him because of such and such etc...

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #3,892 of 5,506

Quote:
*goes off quietly to roll Typhoon back into hangar*

Oh wait PIPA is still up there? Nevermind! *rolls it back out onto runway*

Recently, got into an argument over Beats in a Best Buy. Two employees complained my headphones didn't go "loud enough".
It's true. All consumers care about nowadays is loudness and bass. Though playing a track with low sub bass seemed to sway their opinions a bit...
Note that the $300 Beats have the huge dip in FR at 20Hz. Something even my Pioneers managed to avoid for the most part.

Buy HD25s + an E11, LoD it w/ an iPod, put it at 7, bass boost to 2, say GG. Only at 9 it begins to distort, and they're basically speakers at 4 and above.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3,893 of 5,506
That said,

I see a bit of a confusion or perhaps misinformation in regards to the beats lineup.
It seems that many think that the Studios

Yes, those -
bigsmile_face.gif

Actually reproduce the biggest amount of bass in the lineup.

This is incorrect. 

The Pros

And the Solos/HD

Actually produce significantly more bass and sub-bass frequencies.

The difference is the quality of it.  The Solos Bass itself (speaking of bass only) is actually fairly decent. It hits the low notes very well and extends very well too.
However, other than that, it offers very little in terms of the sound spectrum. As people argued and stated (which is largely true), very muddy/veiled/recessed mids and almost non-existent highs.
Poor response to EQuing and brittle construction, while the Likes of Sony XB500 at 1/4 of the price do better on almost every aspect (less looks and appeal), makes the Solos a fairly bad sounding headphones FOR THE PRICE. As simply headphones, they're not awful sounding.

The Pros, while FR graph and specs were never released, actually produce a fairly heavy bass response, it's on par if not above the Solos. From memory, it was even lower and the resolution of the extension was felt and heard better. The phones didn't rattle upon louder output. They definitely fair better than Studios. If anything, they reach as deep as the XB500/700 on that department. The bass does not roll off, and bleeding into the midrange is controlled very well actually. This is why many, upon initial auditioning, will attest that Solos and Studios have more bass impact. This is incorrect. Pros simply have a far more balanced sound spectrum and a wider soundstage. For those who argue that DJ's won't use them, I've seen DJs use them. It happens. DJ's have also used the Kicker HP540 for sets, which do a commendable job with their 50mm drivers. Clearly the Pros won't provide the clarity, staging and resolution of true Hi-Fi reference or even DJ headphones at that price range (Shure SRH750 for example), but they're clear enough to go through sets of Dance/Hip-Hop/R&B/Top-40 Mainstream/House and Trance. Remember, DJing is not Studio Monitoring reference grade material; one is sound monitoring and engineering and other is mixing.  And I absolutely agree that they're not worth $450 - $500 but $200 - $250 (US/CDN) Retail is a fair pricetag for them.  And I agree NdP, definitely not a steal at $200 - $250, but at $150 I'd say most definitely yes... If you like those Genres, loud music, and looking for really fun, sturdy and portable headphones that DO NOT REQUIRE an AMP, if you find them at $150 brand new... I'd be really shocked if one wouldn't buy them on the spot.

As for studios, those probably make the biggest initial impression because of their faults. Their bass impact was specifically engineered to pound at the midrange bass and roll off fairly early. Provide it with semi-shrill and forward mids and high treble with not so refined highs, they tend to make to biggest impact as the loudest and boomiest headphones in that lineup. However, once you compare for a while, you'd realize that is very superficial. They don't have all that much bass, just strong thump impact.

I realize that this has been said and posted many times, but I've done so for the reason that so many discuss the flaws of the beats as a general scope while providing some specific details without a clear reference to the model itself; something that would benefit some of the discussions here in regard.

On that note, I have yet to have been called for not wearing beats.  

Though I can't even fathom what my response would be.  Though if that will happen, I can't see myself answering it straight away without answering a question with a question.
Such as:

-Beats wearer : 'Hey man, what kind of headphones are these'?
-Me : 'Shure 440s. I see you're wearing the Studios there' 

-'Beats wearer : Yea, they're sick headphones man, you should give em a try'
-Me : I actually have many times..'

-Beats wearer : 'So why didn't you get them instead of yours, the beats are the best headphones on the market' 
-Me : 'How do you know?' 

And from that point on, it'll be constant questions as opposed to statements.. it'll be either to the point where he either gives up, or realizes something he didn't before.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #3,894 of 5,506

Quote:
Though I can't even fathom what my response would be.  Though if that will happen, I can't see myself answering it straight away without answering a question with a question.
Such as:

-Beats wearer : 'Hey man, what kind of headphones are these'?
-Me : 'Shure 440s. I see you're wearing the Studios there' 

-'Beats wearer : Yea, they're sick headphones man, you should give em a try'
-Me : I actually have many times..'

-Beats wearer : 'So why didn't you get them instead of yours, the beats are the best headphones on the market' 
-Me : 'How do you know?' 

And from that point on, it'll be constant questions as opposed to statements.. it'll be either to the point where he either gives up, or realizes something he didn't before.

....wow...that jut made me realize that that is how we should go about things. like a little socratic seminar to provide deep thought i the user....wow... mind=enlightened 

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #3,897 of 5,506

Quote:
Oh.. you cheeky sarcastic monkey..

Here's a free Beats Studios by Monster+Dre for serving it to me.
ph34r.gif

awww shucks. thanks :D 
L3000.gif

Quote:

You fool! You should have PM'd the Beats, because now everyone has one!

noooooo!!! my gift is availble to everyone now!! 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3,900 of 5,506

Quote:
A. You're welcome...

And

B. What.... we should've bought those long time ago instead of the HD650's Ultrasones, Beyers, Shures, AKGS and Grados..

They're like... THE BEST HEADPHONES ON THE MARKET...
atsmile.gif

ah dude. i know i should've. i went onto this site called Head-fi..and man. they brainwashed me. made me think....that...that ......eww Audueze LCD 3 actually sounded good. ewww. i went and tried on those dank PRO's man. and man......my ears were just...awwwww. Who wouldn't want Beats. Even Dr.Dre uses them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back