Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #3,871 of 5,506
Everyone. If you don't, you're decidedly catatonic. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Who cares what other people think?

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #3,872 of 5,506

Quote:
"Most headphones can't even handle the bass, the detail, the dynamics." -Dr.Dre
Well neither could yours
biggrin.gif

oh snap! :D haha have you seen the graphs..wow. it's going decently..decently and then all of a sudden just drops off like the sharpest cliff i have ever seen in the bass region

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #3,873 of 5,506
I once got called out on it on Facebook when I was commenting about how expensive the Beats are- I compared them to my ATH-M50s and the possibility of custom pads for the noise isolation (which is decent on the Beats Pro thingy).

All bloody night long, this idiot was arguing about how his point of view was as valid as mine (he has no musical experience or tech experience, I've got 7 years of both contemporary and classical music alongside pretty decent amateur tech work).

Some people will serve you **** and declare it's gold.

This all happened in Australia, by the way. The guys' heads came to about 600AUD because of the shipping and whatnot.
What could you buy with 600AUD?

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #3,874 of 5,506

Quote:
I once got called out on it on Facebook when I was commenting about how expensive the Beats are- I compared them to my ATH-M50s and the possibility of custom pads for the noise isolation (which is decent on the Beats Pro thingy).

All bloody night long, this idiot was arguing about how his point of view was as valid as mine (he has no musical experience or tech experience, I've got 7 years of both contemporary and classical music alongside pretty decent amateur tech work).

This all happened in Australia, by the way. The guys' heads came to about 600AUD because of the shipping and whatnot.

A Sennheiser HD650, a Triple Fi 10, and an E17...... and ur life is almost set (jk)

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #3,875 of 5,506
I have to wonder why you even continued to argue with him for so long over something largely inane.
In a sense, he can argue that his PoV is as valid as yours; however, that doesn't indicate it's as valuable as yours. The credentials you listed boast the value of your input, not the validity of it.

Quote:

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #3,877 of 5,506
blink.gif

Inane arguments are the easiest to quit. People won't cease arguing if they see value in continuing, be this value self-gratification or dialectic, but no one will feed an argument he/she believes inane. 
Bear in mind: this includes silly endeavors such as trolling. Those who troll often derive amusement from doing so, and while that may be of questionable value, it's still valuable enough that they've incentive to exercise trolling. Conversely, if they can't achieve their aim via trolling (whether it's amusement or otherwise), they will stop. 

Quote:
Inane arguments are the hardest to quit.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #3,879 of 5,506
I have the ath-m50's and have compared beats with these side by side. The sound from the Beats was over inflated which I could see some people enjoying. But I liked my m50's more. I just hate the style of them. I think they look cheap and gotty. I wonder if they make a 2nd generation version if it will improve to compete with the kinds of headphones reviewed on this site. I'm sure some of the people who buy them are getting a taste of the hobby and after doing more research may wish to try a different head phone.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #3,880 of 5,506

Quote:

600 AUD ? Thats a PRO900 with the E17. BTW which part of Australia are you in ? Check my sig if you are in Perth.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #3,884 of 5,506

Quote:
SOPA and PIPA gets passed? Oh well, just migrate to the Deep Web. 

I know it's lying dormant now, but if it does get passed and the internet goes down. WE can take a few congressmen and sites down with us. Just post copyrighted images, works, and links to torrenting sites on their sites :D

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #3,885 of 5,506

Quote:
Off-topic: SOPA has been withdrawn.
BACK TO BEATS

*goes off quietly to roll Typhoon back into hangar*

Oh wait PIPA is still up there? Nevermind! *rolls it back out onto runway*

Recently, got into an argument over Beats in a Best Buy. Two employees complained my headphones didn't go "loud enough".
It's true. All consumers care about nowadays is loudness and bass. Though playing a track with low sub bass seemed to sway their opinions a bit...
Note that the $300 Beats have the huge dip in FR at 20Hz. Something even my Pioneers managed to avoid for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back