Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Oct 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #2,506 of 5,506

Quote:
Had a callout during a short primary school reunion, in which the "a-hole" of the class (who recently bought a Beats Solo) called my HD25 "cheapskate" and "weak".

So I threw my HD25s on the ground (didn't and couldn't break of course) and asked him to do the same with his Beats. He didn't doubt me since.

I imagined you doing this to the tune of "Threw It On the Ground" and I lol'd.

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #2,507 of 5,506
I have never been called by anyone about my phones mainly due the fact that I have ((the best/the only)) headphones in my school at least. But I listened Beats once (can't remember which)  and I remember that the bass was thumping and it muffled some mids. I was like: Very nice headphones for 80€-120€.
Saw the ~400€ price tag
Had a face like this.

Anyone else?

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #2,509 of 5,506

Quote:
Had a callout during a short primary school reunion, in which the "a-hole" of the class (who recently bought a Beats Solo) called my HD25 "cheapskate" and "weak".

So I threw my HD25s on the ground (didn't and couldn't break of course) and asked him to do the same with his Beats. He didn't doubt me since.

I would have given him so much **** back. I would have made him throw his on the ground to prove what he is paying for..

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #2,510 of 5,506

Quote:

Wow, I definitely wouldn't have done that with my TMA-1's... the HD-25's are much harder than the TMA-1's though. The rubber finish on the AiAiAi dents/chips pretty easily.

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #2,511 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't think so at all. Build quality is where you can hit Beats the hardest, why not be confident and go there? I had a call out when I had my TMA-1 and pulled the ear cups past each other to get the low blow in. 

Sound quality does not work with people like this. They refuse to A/B, or listen for more than 5 seconds. 

IMO, this was a good demonstration. 

Seems like a lot of Beats owners baby their headphones around then. A few of my friends actually have asked me how my "worse than Beats" headphones have held up despite me treating it like crap. My explanation: better build quality. I definitely would have broken at least 2-3 by now.
If you're wondering how I treat my own cans, take a look. I do treat my backpack with water repellent though, keeps electronics from getting ruined. 4 binders and a laptop.

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #2,512 of 5,506
I had no problems with the rubber when I owned mine, and I think they're a step above the HD 25 build wise. No way you could do that (what I did) to the 25 without them breaking.

The review on ABI gave me the idea. They have a picture of them doing that exact thing.

Quote:
Wow, I definitely wouldn't have done that with my TMA-1's... the HD-25's are much harder than the TMA-1's though. The rubber finish on the AiAiAi dents/chips pretty easily.

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2,513 of 5,506

Quote:
I had no problems with the rubber when I owned mine, and I think they're a step above the HD 25 build wise. No way you could do that (what I did) to the 25 without them breaking.

The review on ABI gave me the idea. They have a picture of them doing that exact thing.

I dropped my headphones on my gravelly driveway and got some small knicks on the cups. The HD25's plastics are pretty hard compared to the soft rubbery texture of the TMA-1's. The TMA-1s are definitely more flexible than the HD25's though, so they are able to bend much farther. I was just talking about dropping/throwing the headphones on the ground.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2,514 of 5,506
I mean that HD 25 vs TMA-1 the TMA-1 will hold up to more overall abuse than the 25. The 25 will look better after abuse, but the TMA-1 will break later. 

Sure the rubber will chip, but the headband wont snap. Then again, I don't like to abuse my headphones at all so it's a moot point. lol

Quote:
I dropped my headphones on my gravelly driveway and got some small knicks on the cups. The HD25's plastics are pretty hard compared to the soft rubbery texture of the TMA-1's. The TMA-1s are definitely more flexible than the HD25's though, so they are able to bend much farther. I was just talking about dropping/throwing the headphones on the ground.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #2,515 of 5,506
A friend of mine talked to this other guy and this happened 
biggrin.gif

*** sees a guy with beats solo hd

***: s*** beats are the screw*** best
friend: nah there not that good apparently
***: who sed?
friend: (me)
***: the thing about (me) is, anything that he cant have is considered s*** to him, hes doesn’t like beats because his too poor to get them ,they are expensive because they are heaps good.
friend: They are expensive because they are like mainstream you know? His headphones are better
***: he just think he knows all about headphones and stuff but actually he don’t know s***, hes just angry because he cant get the beats

Edit: fixed the spelling

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #2,516 of 5,506

Quote:
biggrin.gif

***: the thing about (me) is, anything that he cant have is considered s*** to him, hes doesn’t like beats because his too poor to get them ,they are expensive because they are heaps good.
friend: They are expensive because they are like mainstream you know? His headphones are better
***: he just think he knows all about headphones and stuff but actually he don’t know s***, hes just angry because he cant get the beats

"I money, therefore I professional."

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #2,517 of 5,506

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Your friend should have told him the cost of your rig or at least of your most expensive headphone (or the headphone that you want and cannot yet afford). See what their response is. Hell even though I don't own an HD800 or a T1 or a LCD3, I'd tell the Beats person saying that that I did just to see their reaction considering you can buy 3 Beats Pros or 5 Studios or 7 Solos + a tour with the money spent on an HD800. 

Really I love when people assume amount of money spent = quality. It used to... once upon a time... But not anymore unfortunately....

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #2,518 of 5,506

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your friend should have told him the cost of your rig or at least of your most expensive headphone 

The total value of my collection is almost $400 Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a PRO900 before the end of this year, that'll shut the haters up 
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #2,519 of 5,506
Saw an old friend of mine a while ago and saw that him carrying around a pair of Beats Solo's. He told me it was a gift from a family member and that he actually wanted some Sennheiser cans. Talk about surprising, I was expecting some rant about how good they were. Maybe it's because he's into film making, but it was nice to hear that not everyone worships the Beats.

I told him to bring his Beats the next day, so that he could try out my Pro 900's. After AB'ing the two, he said the Ultrasones sound amazing and made a funny analogy. "For the Beats, it's like listening with your head right next to the instruments. These [Ultrasones] sound like you're actually sitting in the audience of a stage, it's like you can hear where each instrument is. It's also way more clearer and ...".

Just that comment made my day. I recommended he check out some Sennheiser HD25's for film editing.
k701smile.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #2,520 of 5,506
Hah, I had someone rip on me yesterday for buy a pair of PS500's. Telling me that I am an idiot for buying a bose knock off. I had no words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back