Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #2,026 of 5,506

Quote:
I was just interested in seeing how many Head-Fi-er's get asked about not wearing the Beats (Studio, Solo, etc.). Whenever I'm wearing my AH-D1001K's, it feels like someone always asks me why I didn't buy the Beats. Just curious to see if there is a staggering number of people that constantly get asked relatively the same question. 
rolleyes.gif

Beats peer pressure?
LOL.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #2,027 of 5,506
A comment from someone while I was wearing my Pioneer HDJ-2000... "man, those are sexy headphones."

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #2,030 of 5,506
I would say it's on the same playing field as the DT1350 and HD25-1-ii. I'm planning on doing a review comparing those actually, as I currently have all three in my possession.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #2,032 of 5,506
A bit off-topic, but I thought it was funny nonetheless. Came into work today (university library) and the first thing someone says to me is that 'You may be happy, someone turned in a pair of headphones to our lost-and-found, saying that they were very expensive, and very good, they even have their own carrying case!' (If no one claims stuff from the lost and found within a week or so it can go up for grabs, depending.) Everyone knows that I love my headphones--for a while my K701s graced the library's display case, along with various other audio equipment. (The poor librarian who removed them from the case thought she had broken them when she somehow twisted one of the pads off. She was totally terrified when she gave them to me lol.) Anyways, I take a look, and of course, it's a pair of Beats Solo, all folded up in their little case.

Still, I think that by local standards, the things may as well be made from solid gold. Up until this point, the only headphones I've ever seen our students wear are the cheap headsets we check out, iBuds, and those stark white Sonys and Audio Technicas that look like they belong in a boy band video.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #2,033 of 5,506

Quote:
I would say it's on the same playing field as the DT1350 and HD25-1-ii. I'm planning on doing a review comparing those actually, as I currently have all three in my possession.

I would like to know how they compare with the HD25's. Subscribed. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #2,035 of 5,506
Haha.

Video summary: As if a bass boost wasn't enough, they actively sabotage your sound output when "Beats Audio" is disabled to make A/B comparisons favor the "Beats Audio" setting unfairly.

There's nothing wrong with a bass boost, but unless this was a genuine mistake/bug, the sabotage thing is a rather "shady" marketing trick.

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #2,037 of 5,506

Quote:
Haha.

Video summary: As if a bass boost wasn't enough, they actively sabotage your sound output when "Beats Audio" is disabled to make A/B comparisons favor the "Beats Audio" setting unfairly.

There's nothing wrong with a bass boost, but unless this was a genuine mistake/bug, the sabotage thing is a rather "shady" marketing trick.

(shakes head)

That's very shady, well that video just decided something for me. I was thinking of investing in some Turbines but after watching that video I don't want anything to do with anything remotely having to do with Monster. I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #2,039 of 5,506
That is disgusting. Why did you post that? As if this thread doesn't have enough problems with derailment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back