Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 29, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #1,951 of 5,506
I hope this happens to me one day, i won't say anything i will just laugh out loud because that's how i roll, hopefully with my HD-25s by then.
L3000.gif
I saw them on Ghost Hunters, no surprise, love the show but they have been a big advertisement prostitute for some years now.

Also if i may jump into the trolling, i did see that Apple spin-off section and....3 PCs with Windows 7 64 since launch with no viruses or issues whatsoever, overclocked on 2 of them as well. My cousin is an art student who still uses Windows and even his professors give him funny looks. I asked on xtremesystems because i was curious, most software Apple users talk about is compatible with Windows so i said "what's the deal?" One guy said he was a veteran in the graphic design field and he told me it's a load of doohickie, he has used Windows and teaches his students to use windows and all have gone on to successful careers, he says back in the day maybe Mac was better at this sort of thing but that's no longer the case. kthx *runs*

P.S. Does anyone know where i can find a Windows logo sticker? I've wanted one of those ever since those cute little apple stickers started showing up in back of cars.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #1,953 of 5,506
> Now on topic: When I did try the beats at an Apple store, they were functional. Sounded horrid out of the iPod touch so I hooked it up to my Droid 2, disabled DSP manager, and gave them a whirl. My head's response: headache within 30 seconds. How can people withstand that bass and very high volume for hours is beyond me. Soundstage? What soundstage? (Studios). All you hear is an erratic thumping noise like an earthquake drowning every other instrument out.

I actually think I'm gonna go to the apple store tomorrow and try listening to them again. The last time I listened my best headphones were Senn HD 280 Pros which aren't stellar but pretty good for $80. As I said before I wasn't impressed, but just in case they might have been broken (which I suspect based on sound) I'm gonna give them another try :)

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,954 of 5,506

Quote:

I actually think I'm gonna go to the apple store tomorrow and try listening to them again. The last time I listened my best headphones were Senn HD 280 Pros which aren't stellar but pretty good for $80. As I said before I wasn't impressed, but just in case they might have been broken (which I suspect based on sound) I'm gonna give them another try :)

Almost exactly what I had in mind 
tongue.gif
 I almost forgot how the beats sound, after reading so much about them, I think I'll just remind myself how bad they sound next time I go to an apple store 
atsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #1,955 of 5,506
Aug 31, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #1,956 of 5,506

Quote:
I hope this happens to me one day, i won't say anything i will just laugh out loud because that's how i roll, hopefully with my HD-25s by then.
L3000.gif
I saw them on Ghost Hunters, no surprise, love the show but they have been a big advertisement prostitute for some years now.

Also if i may jump into the trolling, i did see that Apple spin-off section and....3 PCs with Windows 7 64 since launch with no viruses or issues whatsoever, overclocked on 2 of them as well. My cousin is an art student who still uses Windows and even his professors give him funny looks. I asked on xtremesystems because i was curious, most software Apple users talk about is compatible with Windows so i said "what's the deal?" One guy said he was a veteran in the graphic design field and he told me it's a load of doohickie, he has used Windows and teaches his students to use windows and all have gone on to successful careers, he says back in the day maybe Mac was better at this sort of thing but that's no longer the case. kthx *runs*

P.S. Does anyone know where i can find a Windows logo sticker? I've wanted one of those ever since those cute little apple stickers started showing up in back of cars.

It's because macs come with IPS screens so if you're a lazy arse who can't be bothered to buy everything seperately you actually get a decent screen with a mac vs the screen that comes with other pre-builts. 

If you want to know anything more head on voer to www.tftcentral.co.uk  otherwise steer clear, if may very well take away head-fi time!

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,957 of 5,506
UMass Amherst...Oh god, their gift shop. Huge banner advertising beats studio, so I figured I'd take a listen. Put on a song that I changed around a little to take out the bass, and there was...
Simply put, half an earthquake. Least I could make out the mids and highs this time though. Might be thanks to the unhealthy treble boost/bass reduction.

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #1,958 of 5,506
I've heard all three models. The Studios and Pros are not as atrocious as some people would make them out to be. Certainly not bad enough to warrant 100+ pages of bashing by mostly people who don't own them.

I apologize for adding to this ridiculous thread.

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #1,959 of 5,506

Quote:
I've heard all three models. The Studios and Pros are not as atrocious as some people would make them out to be. Certainly not bad enough to warrant 100+ pages of bashing by mostly people who don't own them.

Because bashing something you own makes 10x more sense. Almost everyone here has tried them. No, probably no one here made an in-depth review of them. But I, who tried all the models except the Solos HD 3 times so far, don't think I need to spend 30 minutes with them. 30 seconds were enough to create disgust. Of course, the better something is, the more in-depth the review should be. The LCD-2 would need you to use them for like a week to get a good idea, while the Senn CX-300 are muddy and dark from minute 1.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #1,960 of 5,506

Quote:
It's because macs come with IPS screens so if you're a lazy arse who can't be bothered to buy everything seperately you actually get a decent screen with a mac vs the screen that comes with other pre-builts. 

If you want to know anything more head on voer to www.tftcentral.co.uk  otherwise steer clear, if may very well take away head-fi time!

Only iMacs and ACDs have IPS panels. All MacBooks have TN panels. 

Edit: If you're talking about desktops, you're right. 

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #1,961 of 5,506

Quote:

Did you actually go through and read all of the pages on this thread? If you did, you would see that it's not just about bashing the Beats... Even the **** title can give you a hint that it isn't.

And don't say that I have ulterior motives for starting this thread; I won't keep telling everyone what it was intended for, just read the first post...

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,963 of 5,506
Not really... well all those headphones belong in the DJ label, they have almost identical headbands - with the company's logo on top. In fact, those pioneers look a lot more the Skullcandy Mixmasters.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I'm just saying that it's not the Beats that look like Pioneers, it's most DJ headphones that usually are very similar.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #1,964 of 5,506

Quote:
It just occurred to me. Look at how much the HDJ1000 resembles the Beats Pro.

There's at least some resemblance in there.

Also check out this and Beats Studio. I'm not sure which came first though.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #1,965 of 5,506
So yesterday a friend of mine flew back in from Kentucky and we agreed to meet up halfway from his house and mine. I walk there and lo and behold, what do I find? A nice new necklace; i.e., the Beats Solo HD's. I say "Nice headphones, you just get 'em?" He says to me "Yeah, brand new. Why didn't you just get the Beats? Your thing looks like it's made of cheap plastic." seeing how I have the HD 25 Adidas Originals on my neck. I just avoid the question and say "Yeah, good to see you too, bro."

We walk for a bit and then he asks me if I want to try out his new, and I quote "awesome, hi-tech Beats." I politely decline and he asks for my HD 25's. He plays snippets of Pendulum - Propane Nightmares and he hands them back to me saying "The singing and high notes are better on those, but I can't hear the bass I hear on my Beats." So I say "The bass is lacking? Oh, try this." and play him Zedd - Dovregubben. After that, he gets defensive about how it's not fair because I probably had EQ settings on my iPod to cater to my HD 25's (which I didn't) and starts praising the bass on these, the celebrities wearing them, and we can't forget that they're the Beats by Dre.

I think it's funny how I never said anything about the Beats' quality or how I thought the HD 25's were better. 
dt880smile.png

Yeah man. Don't you know Beats are made of high quality gloss plastic? Much better than your 25s.

Also...Propane Nightmares is an awful song to test with. That album was produced poorly compared to their other offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back