Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 28, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #1,937 of 5,506

Quote:

evil_smiley.gif
Not beats...

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #1,938 of 5,506

Quote:
"Oh, it was directed towards you. It should have been assumed because it came directly after. I would have quoted, but that would roughly double the page length."

Isn't there a reason why I said Notwithstanding?  I realize it was directed at me..., just seem to be over the top to actually add my handle to a quote which did not.. Just speaks tons of that person's mentality.   That said, I did apologize to the rest of the members here. I'm fully aware that no-one wants to go through hoards and walls of unrelated posts that derail.. Though in my defense, I initially only had a short post with only two challenges to the previous two posts (at that time)... And instead of getting an answer directly from the posters themselves, I got bombarded with a Wall just as-well.

That said, believe it or not, I do have a related story in regards.. And this is 6 months ago or so.. I was asking a colleague to recommend headphones.. and he (later found out to be an owner of On-Ear Bose headphones $250 retail) suggested I should get the Just-Beats...   I laughed and told him I'd rather get Lady Gaga's  by Monster...

We have a quote button for a reason.

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #1,939 of 5,506
Aug 28, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #1,940 of 5,506
i've never really gotten called out for not wearing beats...but people often think its weird for me to spend so much money on headphones and amps and whatnot. but most people i let listen to my hd 650s are quite impressed by their quality

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #1,941 of 5,506
I tested out the Beats at BB today. I think their source was messed up, they sounded beyond horrible. I'm not sure why they would have a demo station that bad. Sounded tinny, shallow, no soundstage, and the bass had zero detail. I'm going to have to stop back with my portable to give em a fair shake. My Pk3's will wipe the floor with them if they don't improve. Either way, I can't imagine why BB has demo stations rivaling cup-string-cup technology.

Does the noise cancelling technology cause such bad sound if the batteries die?

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #1,942 of 5,506
The Beats sounded like that out of my DAP '_' which model was it? To me that sounds like the Solos

And supposedly no, the headphone's sound will be just the same with or without the noise-cancelling. The only way that wouldn't happen would be if the amp they use for the NC was also amplifying the sound from your DAP, which would be so incredibly stupid I doubt even Monster has done it. Anyway, in that case, once that amp ran out of power, there would be no sound, and yes, in that case you could say the NC - in this case the amp used for the NC - was ruining the sound.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #1,944 of 5,506
Shotor102, I don't mean to step on your toes at all, so don't take it offensively. You need to make your points more concise. You do not need to write that much to make your point. A tell-tale sign of someone who knows what he's saying is always how well he can express his point in a concise manner.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #1,945 of 5,506
So yesterday a friend of mine flew back in from Kentucky and we agreed to meet up halfway from his house and mine. I walk there and lo and behold, what do I find? A nice new necklace; i.e., the Beats Solo HD's. I say "Nice headphones, you just get 'em?" He says to me "Yeah, brand new. Why didn't you just get the Beats? Your thing looks like it's made of cheap plastic." seeing how I have the HD 25 Adidas Originals on my neck. I just avoid the question and say "Yeah, good to see you too, bro."

We walk for a bit and then he asks me if I want to try out his new, and I quote "awesome, hi-tech Beats." I politely decline and he asks for my HD 25's. He plays snippets of Pendulum - Propane Nightmares and he hands them back to me saying "The singing and high notes are better on those, but I can't hear the bass I hear on my Beats." So I say "The bass is lacking? Oh, try this." and play him Zedd - Dovregubben. After that, he gets defensive about how it's not fair because I probably had EQ settings on my iPod to cater to my HD 25's (which I didn't) and starts praising the bass on these, the celebrities wearing them, and we can't forget that they're the Beats by Dre.

I think it's funny how I never said anything about the Beats' quality or how I thought the HD 25's were better. 
dt880smile.png

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #1,946 of 5,506
AudioRook:
> Shotor102, I don't mean to step on your toes at all, so don't take it offensively. You need to make your points more concise. You do not need to write that much to make your point. A tell-tale sign of someone who knows what he's saying is always how well he can express his point in a concise manner.

Just an FYI: Back on page 77 I said in response to a three-page-long post: "Shotor, I want to read that post, but seriously, that's kind of over-the-top long. ... If you have a good point to make, it's almost always more impactful if you make it in a few short paragraphs or less." His response:

> ... if you're having trouble reading my (long) posts, then simply don't read them. I'm glad you want to read them, I really am. But seriously dude, either you read them or you don't. Trust me that I've seen longer posts.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #1,948 of 5,506
Once more with feeling!

Shut up Shotor.
^I really just treat his posts as a waste of bandwidth now.
And very old...For anyone that wants to contest the Droid 1's toughness, this is after it got put through a plaster wall+tons of being dropped on pavement.
Oh and touchscreen works perfectly, along with the soft buttons, lock button, headphone jack, etc.

Now on topic: When I did try the beats at an Apple store, they were functional. Sounded horrid out of the iPod touch so I hooked it up to my Droid 2, disabled DSP manager, and gave them a whirl. My head's response: headache within 30 seconds. How can people withstand that bass and very high volume for hours is beyond me. Soundstage? What soundstage? (Studios). All you hear is an erratic thumping noise like an earthquake drowning every other instrument out.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #1,950 of 5,506

Quote:
I tested out the Beats at BB today. I think their source was messed up, they sounded beyond horrible. I'm not sure why they would have a demo station that bad. Sounded tinny, shallow, no soundstage, and the bass had zero detail. I'm going to have to stop back with my portable to give em a fair shake. My Pk3's will wipe the floor with them if they don't improve. Either way, I can't imagine why BB has demo stations rivaling cup-string-cup technology.

Does the noise cancelling technology cause such bad sound if the batteries die?

no, thats just how the beats sound. it's not the display. Normally the displays are set up to sound the best for the headphone as a selling point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back