Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #1,906 of 5,506
Most of my friends/people I see don't give a flying f-bomb about sound quality; only the looks of the headphones and the price. Sure, one guy I know bought a MP3 player, broke the included headphones in a day, then chose to buy Apple ear buds, so I HAD to say something.
Most people will pay <$100 for a pair of cans and think that they sound amazing. Then, someone else shows them their Beats, and converts them to a Beats lover just because they're 'expensive' and endorsed by a celebrity, now that person who was once paying <$100 for headphones that are.. okay, are paying triple for headphones that are no better. Just kind of upsets me.

Ethan.

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #1,907 of 5,506
Lizard, I have no problem posting shorter posts..

1. Since you brought up the fact that I don't know you very well, I can easily throw this back at you, seeing how you're trying to lecture me about humor. Whether your attempt was partially with humor or not, you still failed to properly and coherently express yourself; if your defense is that I'm misreading what your intent, that is.  When I specify that I don't use a specific article or artifact, I do it so no-one else would ever quote me and conduct a Strawman argument over-me. I try to be very precise with what I state. You quoted me and replied, I did the same.. Where exactly is your point here?

2. It is possible, maybe for some.. but I felt that replying to your comments on your post (which wasn't short either) will require something longer.. Do you have issues with reading? Secondly, I find it rather amusing that you're trying to beat me with the sucker punch so that I don't quote you on misrepresenting me on writing an entire page. However, you're still poisoning the well here and conducting flat out gross red-herrings.. Even though that isn't meant to be that serious on your part, you yet still opt to mention it.. and then expect me not to respond to it and take within the 'joke' context... So if I call you a hypocritical ass, but tell you to take it as a joke... would you? (Note, I'm not calling that, just so we're clear..) But I need you to understand the reason why I take not to correct such things.

Point 3 - Before I can even (try) to take it as a joke, you need to define what uber-eloquence is, and what were you saying in that sentence, because you lost me.

4.  Now, I have to cut off on this retardum... And yes, I will quote you on the spot - I never claimed to know you. I only respond with a direct reply to what you present yourself here as. So in essence, I know the Headfi LizardKing1, as opposed to the real JoeBlow for example.  Further, whether you help old ladies or not; something that any decent human being should practice (by the way), it is still a faulty analogy here at play. I'm not where you're from or in what community you live in... However, the 'helping old people' is a universal standard as far as I can throw it. But perusing around and randomly helping people with making budget/quality wise choices in regards to their headphones, is no-where and no-close to me perusing in Superstore, seeking out people who buy obviously overpriced produce and then redirect them to places where they can get certain products (fresher and higher quality) for cheaper; for example at a local Chinese produce store a few blocks away...  I mean... with your friends or people you've met... perhaps.. but strangers.. Come-On...  It's straight up abnormal... Some people may appreciate it.. but others will be okay with their purchases and will manage to live on. And I say again (and I lived in 3 different countries, different regions, populations, ethnicity, social status and class), most of the people you'd engage would wonder 'what is it to you' what they're purchasing.. You're grossly hovering over the border of a Decent/Samaritan vs Not minding your own business. So I'll make this clear, I have no issues with your morals and I'm not commenting on your choices on a personal level. However I will state for the record, yet again, that your example is invalid to be analogous here. And further, your practice of helping others with headphone purchases is quite strange to me.  You may not believe you're rubbing someone's nose in a better purchase vs what they got.. and you may not intend to do so... But they still might get offended.. Keep that in mind.  

5. The point about the Re-zeros and Senn what that it was completely irrelevant since it was your friend whom you showed those to... That point was irrelevant to my previous points in my post.

"Ah I've done it again. Doesn't matter. The day's going great to me so far. I know you'll reply to this in one of those China-wants-their-wall-back posts, showing how every single one of my sentences was degrading. It's ok, I have to learn not to care what people on the Internet think so much. And if someone could please post another story, even if imaginary, I'd appreciate it
redface.gif
"

You, you may think that I don't understand that this is within the context of humor... Trust me that I do... However, I still find it obnoxious and pretentious (not your entire post, just this last point) on your part.. Somehow I'm reading this as you giving yourself the go-ahead and the green-light to so pretty much anything you'd like.. And as long as it's within the humor/joking context, it's okay..

Really?

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #1,908 of 5,506
Can you just, like, farking PM whomever you want to argue with? I'm getting tired of scrolling past your posts. (I could block you, but I'm sure everyone else shares the same sentiments)

Aug 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #1,909 of 5,506

Quote:
Can you just, like, farking PM whomever you want to argue with? I'm getting tired of scrolling past your posts. (I could block you, but I'm sure everyone else shares the same sentiments)

Seconded. I mean, I'm here to read about people getting called out for not wearing Beats, not to see two outstanding gents of our fine community here wall-of-text one another to death. Both you guys have your points, and everyone who looks at this thread on a regular basis has probably skimmed them and gotten the gist of your respective arguments by now. If you've still got more to say, move it out of the public realm and take it to PMs. Thanks! <3

(Edited for typos!)

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,911 of 5,506
x4.

ITT: The same argument rephrased over 9000 different ways.

Just realize that no one ever changes anyone's mind in an argument, especially over the internet. And for the love of God, don't argue with me about the previous sentence. I won't respond. lol

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #1,912 of 5,506

Quote:

Agreed. I enjoy reading through these threads and those walls of text arguments are starting to annoy me. Has anyone gotten on topic in the last 2 pages?

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #1,913 of 5,506
> Can you just, like, farking PM whomever you want to argue with? I'm getting tired of scrolling past your posts. (I could block you, but I'm sure everyone else shares the same sentiments)

x5

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #1,914 of 5,506
my buddy got the newish Beats Pro the other day and had be telling me how incredible they are and i haven't heard quality if i haven't heard them.  So he brought them over and i was unimpressed.

i mean they don't sound awful out of just a portable player.  but the detail is lacking.  even compared to the DT 770 pro 80.  which has hardly any mids and not much more highs.  granted the beyers need an amp and the beats don't.

also, how does anyone even stay interested long enough to read those ENORMOUS posts?

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,917 of 5,506
When I went to class with my m50 one of the guys asked why I didn't buy the beats. I told him about how I did some research and found that beats are not bad headphones but just that you could get much better for the price and how my headphones were much cheaper and to me they sounded better. I told him some more stuff about this website and about other headphone brands and he respected what I had to say.

Not all beats owners are bad. Some just don't know any better and they don't want to know any better. They like having a fashion statement headphone and they like the bass. We can only do so much to help them out but if that is what they want why harass them. If they are interested in headphones then help them out. If they are making fun of your audiophile headphones well you know who is really laughing at the end of the day.

What i'm saying is don't lose sleep trying to convince others.

What's a signature?

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #1,918 of 5,506
Ac500,
I just love it how you conveniently added my handle ahead of the quote.
Notwithstanding that it was directed at me, the poster never actually specified.
Perhaps you should remind yourself who instigated the log posts. I made a short comment and got a long reply in a non-pm form.
So I returned the favor.

My apologies for the rest of the members here. Rest assured, the next it will get pm'd.

And as for you ac500, from now on, if you want to say something to me, pm and save the rest of your convictions from the rest of the members here.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #1,919 of 5,506

Quote:
When I went to class with my m50 one of the guys asked why I didn't buy the beats. I told him about how I did some research and found that beats are not bad headphones but just that you could get much better for the price and how my headphones were much cheaper and to me they sounded better. I told him some more stuff about this website and about other headphone brands and he respected what I had to say.

Not all beats owners are bad. Some just don't know any better and they don't want to know any better. They like having a fashion statement headphone and they like the bass. We can only do so much to help them out but if that is what they want why harass them. If they are interested in headphones then help them out. If they are making fun of your audiophile headphones well you know who is really laughing at the end of the day.

What i'm saying is don't lose sleep trying to convince others.

What's a signature?

I see a light!

But seriously, this is the best way to go about this. I applaud you sir!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back