Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 24, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #1,876 of 5,506

Quote:
I continue to find it perversely amusing how some people here seem to intent on violently defending Beats lovers, by some misguided idea that poor innocent Beats lovers are being attacked behind their backs on this thread. Aside from the occasional troll, why do people keep thinking this? I've said this probably a dozen times already, but if you look at the title and carefully read people's criticism, you'll see that it's all directed towards people who "call you out for not wearing beats" (aside from the occasional troll post).

People get offended (and therefore defensive) far, far too much IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoqzb5R6vw

Cool video. My omnisexual neighbour was offended that the guy said he was was offended, since he wasn't until that very moment.

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #1,877 of 5,506
> I say it's a pretty spot on description of ac500.

But I don't have a sword, and I run my HD 650's out of a standard unamped audio port when I'm mobile :D

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #1,878 of 5,506
I'm the guy with the sword here. Anyways, the touchpad I just got, has beats audio. I'll say this much, the audio actually is actually balanced for the most part, though it is a bit dark. Slightly leaning on bass, but detailed. Really pleasantly surprising.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,879 of 5,506

Quote:
I'm the guy with the sword here. Anyways, the touchpad I just got, has beats audio. I'll say this much, the audio actually is actually balanced for the most part, though it is a bit dark. Slightly leaning on bass, but detailed. Really pleasantly surprising.

That actually gives me some hope for the HTC phones in the future... Though not much because HTC phones have mono audio to begin with, not sure how much any technology can improve upon that...

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #1,881 of 5,506

Quote:
The beats audio switch in the settings is really just a bass boost switch. Very narrow boost too, in terms of frequency. I need cm7 loaded on this...

Well that destroys THAT hope. So I am back to looking towards Moto or Samsung. FANTASTIC!

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,882 of 5,506

Quote:
I continue to find it perversely amusing how some people here seem to intent on violently defending Beats lovers, by some misguided idea that poor innocent Beats lovers are being attacked behind their backs on this thread. Aside from the occasional troll, why do people keep thinking this? I've said this probably a dozen times already, but if you look at the title and carefully read people's criticism, you'll see that it's all directed towards people who "call you out for not wearing beats" (aside from the occasional troll post).

People get offended (and therefore defensive) far, far too much IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoqzb5R6vw

prefer this one lols, this guy really should get more views! (Not me, but more appreciation)

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #1,883 of 5,506
For anybody wanting a phone with good audio, galaxy s is the way to go. Even the new galaxy s2 dOesn't have as good a chip as the old one. Plus you get voodoo sound with it and dsp manager. There is no beating that combo. Tune the sound if you want with poweramp and you're set.

Sorry for off topic just thought since people were mentioning about phone sound

What's a signature?

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #1,884 of 5,506

Quote:
For anybody wanting a phone with good audio, galaxy s is the way to go. Even the new galaxy s2 dOesn't have as good a chip as the old one. Plus you get voodoo sound with it and dsp manager. There is no beating that combo. Tune the sound if you want with poweramp and you're set.

Sorry for off topic just thought since people were mentioning about phone sound

What's a signature?

Agreed. My Voodoo'd, CM7ed Nexus S isn't half bad. 

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #1,885 of 5,506

Problem with the Touchpas is power. It was obviously not designed to power anything but iBuds.

My old DV7 had Beats audio and it wasn't awful...but it wasn't good either, imo.

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #1,886 of 5,506

Quote:
This thread is basically just

1. small scale racism/discrimination
2. kids boasting about their adventures in converting beats users
3. bad mouthing / back stabbing
4. cowardice

Why the forum mods haven't locked this thread, I don't know.

And no, I don't like Beats headphones either. But is it necessary to talk **** behind their backs?
If you're any better than them, either shut the **** up and be the better man or tell them straight
to their faces. Hell, wack them then and there for intruding in your personal space.

All I see in this threads are cowards who don't have the balls to speak up to the obnoxious
beats wearers irl and choose to bash them behind their backs on these boards.

The few guys who are genuinely trying to help the community by going on youtube to help
people informed choices, or letting your friends try out your headphones, keep up the good work. 

I think that's just you arguing with a few people. I have been skipping the "walls" and just reading the lulzy stories and they are just that some times STORIES that people post here.

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,887 of 5,506

Quote:
I think that's just you arguing with a few people. I have been skipping the "walls" and just reading the lulzy stories and they are just that some times STORIES that people post here.

Well said arguments have not met the requirement of Godwin's law [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law]... Thus the argument is not as lengthy as we think it is. I believe if we stick to throwing in random stories the argument will never reach that point.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #1,888 of 5,506
As long as we stick to stories, it's all good.

When people start calling names and calling beats users this and that, I get mad.

Yes, headphones is srs business.

Sorry. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,889 of 5,506
Aug 26, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #1,890 of 5,506
There's one art school in my country... HOO BOY. Dangerous place for an audiophile.

I mean, the students there practically worship Beats and Skullcandy. One of my ex-classmates just transferred there and BAM! I see one Solo hanging around his neck two months later.

Sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back