Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jul 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #931 of 5,506
The abnormality of the situation eludes me. It's summer. Rolled down windows, headphone around the neck - I struggle to see anything awkward about this. 

Do you think nothing of people who lecture/mock you for purchasing expensive headphones? You never feel uneasy/annoyed/angry? 

Quote:
it was just awkward that the guy had to wear these around his neck while he drove with the windows down. what was the reason?if he were wearing them as he walked down the street i would have thought nothing of it at all.

and why should you care if someone ridicules you or judges you as long as you are happy and content?

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #932 of 5,506

Quote:
Perhaps location, because usually it happens when people are in a relaxed area with a high density of teenagers who feel like they have something to prove, like a store or at school.

Just an observation.

i had pointed this out already.

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #933 of 5,506

Quote:
My story. I carry my hd25 1-ii into the office I work at by hand because I lost my case. A girl who knows nothing about music other than she thinks she's a "up and coming singer" and her boyfriend thinks he's an "up and coming hip hop producer" asked me why I didn't buy beats..I told her I did about a year ago but took them back after 2 days because I don't wanna hear bass so overwhelming that I can't even hear vocals. She told me I messed up and should have stuck with them because quote "it's all about the beats." another guy asked me if my srh940 can compete with beats and I let him hear them and the look on his face just screamed "WOW!!"

people at work give me a much harder time for owning a motorola xoom instead of an iPad.

Drop your Xoom on the ground, then Drop the Ipad on the ground see who laughs then*you*

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #934 of 5,506
Jul 6, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #935 of 5,506
Jul 6, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #936 of 5,506

Quote:
was saying this only happens to younger people.

The sad truth... life's a competition for all of us T.T

Found a guy in my school wearing the Beats Solo HD. We got into an argument (of sorts) and in the end I let him try on my M50. He's face got all 0.0 on me and after quite some time thinking about he should say to me, he finally spluttered "I hear no difference."

I had a good time rubbing into his face the fact that my $150 headphones had "no difference" compared to his $320 ones :D

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #937 of 5,506

Quote:
has yet to ever happen to me, yet happens to people in this thread ... wonder why

Cause you're HUGEEE bro!
tongue.gif
 6'1" and 200 lbs you said, right?

I wish I was cool enough to let people know my height and weight specifications on an internet forum...

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #938 of 5,506
Quote:
Cause you're HUGEEE bro!
tongue.gif
 6'1" and 200 lbs you said, right?

I wish I was cool enough to let people know my height and weight specifications on an internet forum...

6' tall, goatee, long hair in a ponytail, black leather trench coat when its cold outside...

Sometimes just my appearance scares little old ladies at the grocery store, but I'm a nice guy.  Really...

I could probably wear the JustBeats to a Dre concert and everyone would just walk on by.  That's why I never get "called out".  I saw a woman wearing KCS75s at the grocery store this morning though.  That's win right there.

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #939 of 5,506

Quote:
was saying this only happens to younger people.

Because Beats are only cool on people <28. After that age, it's like people are trying too hard. Either that, or teens don't care what adults do because they have more authority over them.

I'm 6', dress like a prep, act like a nerd. I don't really get bugged much.

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #940 of 5,506

110 degree las vegas day and this guy felt it was more important to show off his trophy than stay cool. AC should be on blast. i do find it weird to be driving in a vehicle with headphones on your neck. ive never done it or seen anybody do it before. .

no, i dont feel the least bit angry about anyone not ageeing about my purchases. i can afford it and it makes me happy so why should i care..
Quote:
The abnormality of the situation eludes me. It's summer. Rolled down windows, headphone around the neck - I struggle to see anything awkward about this. 

Do you think nothing of people who lecture/mock you for purchasing expensive headphones? You never feel uneasy/annoyed/angry?

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #941 of 5,506
How did you know his intentions? I thought you just saw him driving by, but I must be wrong since you clearly knew what his intentions were.
I've rolled down my window in similar temperatures numerous times. Why? The AC was broken. I guess I should mention I usually had my headphones around my neck.
Tell me: am I a tryhard? I entreat you to refrain from judging others, especially if you don't know the entire situation. 

Disagreeing =/= mocking. Disagreement with my purchases doesn't frustrate me either; however, lectures and harassment do. If those don't frustrate you, much power to you. 
Expect no further replies.

Quote:
110 degree las vegas day and this guy felt it was more important to show off his trophy than stay cool. AC should be on blast. i do find it weird to be driving in a vehicle with headphones on your neck. ive never done it or seen anybody do it before. .

no, i dont feel the least bit angry about anyone not ageeing about my purchases. i can afford it and it makes me happy so why should i care..

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #942 of 5,506

Quote:
Because Beats are only cool on people <28. After that age, it's like people are trying too hard. Either that, or teens don't care what adults do because they have more authority over them.

I'm 6', dress like a prep, act like a nerd. I don't really get bugged much.

I agree with what you're saying on age. People over a certain age just look dumb wearing them around. I have a teacher thats probably 40-50 years old and has some Beats Studio. You can just tell she is trying to look sweet and thinks they are the best. She also swears by Apple. You'd think a computer science teacher might know better...

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #943 of 5,506
How did you know his intentions? I thought you just saw him driving by, but I must be wrong since you clearly knew what his intentions were.
I've rolled down my window in similar temperatures numerous times. Why? The AC was broken. I guess I should mention I usually had my headphones around my neck.
Tell me: am I a tryhard? I entreat you to refrain from judging others, especially if you don't know the entire situation. 

Disagreeing =/= mocking. Disagreement with my purchases doesn't frustrate me either; however, lectures and harassment do. If those don't frustrate you, much power to you. 
Expect no further replies.

That was you wasn't it?? Haha.

I'm sorry. I'm a grown man. No one harasses, mocks or lectures me on how I spend my money and if someone did why would I care? It sounds like you are too sensitive.

Jul 6, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #944 of 5,506

Quote:

The sad truth... life's a competition for all of us T.T

Found a guy in my school wearing the Beats Solo HD. We got into an argument (of sorts) and in the end I let him try on my M50. He's face got all 0.0 on me and after quite some time thinking about he should say to me, he finally spluttered "I hear no difference."

I had a good time rubbing into his face the fact that my $150 headphones had "no difference" compared to his $320 ones :D

Beats Solo HD is nowhere near $320..more like $180ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back