Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #1,396 of 5,506
Thankfully, when I go into Boston, I'm seeing much less beats around. Used to be crowded many people sporting beats, though I'm sure that'll change if I walk into a mall or something
beyersmile.png
. Maybe it's the area, I don't know.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #1,397 of 5,506
To be honest I wasn't aware such a concept existed before seeing this thread.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,400 of 5,506
He's an informed consumer trying to inform a blind consumer!
beyersmile.png

Meanwhile, my Droid's sd card cries as I try to cram it full of music...I'm down to my last 200mb I can spare, out of 8GB. Need. Bigger. SD. Card.
Sadly, it lacks FLAC support, so I have to resort to 320kbps mp3...Could be worse!

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #1,402 of 5,506

Quote:
He's an informed consumer trying to inform a blind consumer!
beyersmile.png

Meanwhile, my Droid's sd card cries as I try to cram it full of music...I'm down to my last 200mb I can spare, out of 8GB. Need. Bigger. SD. Card.
Sadly, it lacks FLAC support, so I have to resort to 320kbps mp3...Could be worse!

if you player supports AAC or Vorbis, I recommend you use those codecs instead or at the very least VBR -v0 mp3. There's no point using 320kbps CBR mp3 if you are converting from lossless. ~192kbps AAC or Vorbis is great (scientifically better than 320kbps CBR mp3). Also the space issue is big with lossless on portyable devices.

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #1,403 of 5,506

Quote:
if you player supports AAC or Vorbis, I recommend you use those codecs instead or at the very least VBR -v0 mp3. There's no point using 320kbps CBR mp3 if you are converting from lossless. ~192kbps AAC or Vorbis is great (scientifically better than 320kbps CBR mp3). Also the space issue is big with lossless on portyable devices.

Source?

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #1,405 of 5,506
There might be some posts reviewing the beats line up, just try typing it in the search bar.

But as far as what I've seen on this thread so far is far from objectivity.  The initial question deals with whether people who wear or sport some not overexposed set of headphones have been called out for not having or wearing the beats.  Clearly though, this has turned into a full on Beats flame.

The truth is that the only thing that is wrong with the beats lineup is the price-tag. Had they been reasonably priced, very few would actually hate on them.  They are definitely over-hyped, no doubts there. They're even arguably claimed to be advertized under false pretense (such as being professional grade headphones, which they're not.) However, they are far from being bad or horrible headphones.

Best thing to do is demo them, test them or purchase them for the purpose of experimenting with them, and then draw your own conclusions.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #1,408 of 5,506

Quote:
The truth is that the only thing that is wrong with the beats lineup is the price-tag. Had they been reasonably priced, very few would actually hate on them.  They are definitely over-hyped, no doubts there. They're even arguably claimed to be advertized under false pretense (such as being professional grade headphones, which they're not.) However, they are far from being bad or horrible headphones.

Thats not quite true. Yes, the Studios are a fair set of headphones but the noise cancelling doesn't really work and it does something inexplicable to vocals, the best I can do to describe them is that the vocals sound skewed. The Solo HDs, however, rank among the worst sets of earphones/headphones I've ever heard. The XB300 is a million times better. And they're only £25.

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #1,410 of 5,506

Quote:
There might be some posts reviewing the beats line up, just try typing it in the search bar.

But as far as what I've seen on this thread so far is far from objectivity.  The initial question deals with whether people who wear or sport some not overexposed set of headphones have been called out for not having or wearing the beats.  Clearly though, this has turned into a full on Beats flame.

Best thing to do is demo them, test them or purchase them for the purpose of experimenting with them, and then draw your own conclusions.

Well, they are $80 sound quality headphones, sold at $270. What gets to people however is not that, but more the shallow consumerist conformist fad culture surrounding them, including arrogance of owners and also ignorance brainwashed via marketing and product placement. Also Monster do gets praise when due: Their higher end earphones in the Miles Davis, Pro Gold and Pro Copper as well as their very good eartips in their Supertips get praise here because they are competitively priced and sound competitive to the competition in their price ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back