Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #1,352 of 5,506

Quote:
You sound like an uptight bully. sign up for some anger management courses before you wind up trying to bully someone who will kick your can all over the block

lol funny how you grasp that after i said that im normally chill and layed back. and from the other side of the fence, you sound like a elitest nerd. and i wonder how the rest of Head-fi feels about you supporting the beats lol. keep having fun trying to boss people around on the internet, its the only place you can

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #1,353 of 5,506

Quote:
lol funny how you grasp that after i said that im normally chill and layed back. and from the other side of the fence, you sound like a elitest nerd. and i wonder how the rest of Head-fi feels about you supporting the beats lol. keep having fun trying to boss people around on the internet, its the only place you can

I see from your profile you're a very new member on head fi. I highly suggest you calm down and watch what you post trolls don't last here very long. Considering you just posted you wanted to physically assault and mug someone I highly doubt users and especially the site moderators think you're the cool kid on the block. Now walk away and chill out kid.

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #1,354 of 5,506
Well, I'm more of a newb than him but...(more of a newb than any of you guys lol), but umm...let's get back to what this thread is about
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #1,355 of 5,506
Funny how you think you have any standing in this community yet. Starting off by insulting people and trying to be a tough guy will not get you very far.

Also, if you'd bother to read some of the thread before you post you'd see a lot of people defending Beats (but agreeing they are overpriced). I'd agree that you just sound like a bully.

Welcome to Head-Fi...Try not to step on anymore toes for awhile.

EDIT: Never quote 'The rest of Head-fi' again, please. Being part of the rest, I find what you said insulting.

Quote:

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,356 of 5,506

Quote:
Nobody frowns upon me, I frown upon others wearing beats lol.

Most of them are white little rich kids and every time i feel like smacking them in the face, taking their beats, and selling them.

I dont really mind the fact that they wasted their money( since its not my money )but i hate the whole hipster cliche that revolves around them. You have to be pretty ballsy to wear expensive earphones around your neck where i live, especially if your a scrawny nerd with tons of money. I'm normally a chill layed back guy but if i was in the right place in the right time I would lay that kid i saw in fred meyer out and take his beats

I think you misunderstand the concept of hipsters. A hipster will NEVER EVER touch the Beats. Why? Because their very essence of their being is counter culture and independent thought. They make it a point to AVOID mass marketed things like the Beats. They are often elitest and would probably enjoy Head-fi and the whole culture of headphones... Frankly it would be another thing to allow them to feel superior to everyone else with.

I think the culture you are thinking about is the popular/hip hop culture. This is why Dr Dre made them, and Lady Gaga, Bieber and other famous people jumped on the Beats bandwagon. 

Also I don't know where you are, but most people who wear them are young, race has nothing to do with it.

And you are obviously NOT chill if you get worked up over a mere pair of headphones. Especially if it is to the point of mugging. Most users here follow the credence of live and let live. If the person likes the sound then that is their business. If someone looks down on you and SPEAKS their mind to you about it, as a community, we tend to want to educate, either with words or with a demonstration. Naturally we try to do this in as much of a respectful and non-condescending way as possible, or we let the headphones speak for themselves, and I am not sure if headphones can be condescending (if you find out let us know and we'll have a talk with them, it isn't nice :p). Good point of reference is that there is AT LEAST one Headphoneus Supremus that owns AND enjoys Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD (that I know about). And a few other users (INCLUDING TYLL (and if you don't know Tyll is, you should find out)) who enjoys the Dr. Dre Beats Pro.

In the end here it is about enjoying your purchase, not preaching to others without any pretense about good headphones. I'd like to think of ourselves a bit better and well mannered than Jehovah's Witnesses. 

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #1,357 of 5,506
Yep, Hipsters = Grado (due to ironically seeing them on their favourite TV shows) and TMA-1s stereotypically for headphones.
Beats Pro is much improved on the original Dr. Dre Beats and measures well too but it still overpriced.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #1,358 of 5,506

Quote:
Yep, Hipsters = Grado (due to ironically seeing them on their favourite TV shows) and TMA-1s stereotypically for headphones.
Beats Pro is much improved on the original Dr. Dre Beats and measures well too but it still overpriced.

Rather interesting how the N. American hipster bandwagon has started to gravitate towards Grado headphones. I would have thought the Ultrasone headphone line would have been more appealing for the hipster crowd. I'm rather shocked Edition 8's haven't made a bigger impact amongst the hipsters.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #1,359 of 5,506

Quote:
Rather interesting how the N. American hipster bandwagon has started to gravitate towards Grado headphones. I would have thought the Ultrasone headphone line would have been more appealing for the hipster crowd. I'm rather shocked Edition 8's haven't made a bigger impact amongst the hipsters.

ED8 is way too expensive for hipsters
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #1,361 of 5,506
Help me out here, what's the big deal? Who gets "called out" for headphone selection outside of the august halls of this mental institution?
tongue_smile.gif
I'm serious, I recently traveled by plane for the first time in awhile and I saw the person in front of me wearing Bose QC2s. My first thought wasn't "the fool, he's wearing BOSE, haha, the DT-990s in my carry-on sound so much better!" My first thought was "I wish I had some of those, they're small enough and have great noise cancellation, I could be using them right now instead of going slightly deaf trying to turn up so I could hear over the engine."

I didn't even bother with the DT-990s on any other flight. Maybe next time I fly I'll bring my 770s. Or maybe I'll get some QC2s, they seem to really nail the small, unobtrusive, comfortable, functional task they're aimed at quite well.

With Beats, again, what's the big deal? OH NO, a whole generation of people listening to the wrong headphones, I need to see to it personally that this young man is exposed to an orthodynamic, stat!... I mean, really, it's kind of condescending, isn't it? Clearly people are still buying all kinds of headphones, let people who like Beats and Bose listen to their stuff, save yourself some unnecessary hypertension. I think we worry way too much about what other people are doing.

And on the flip side, if someone is actually enough of an arse to "call you out" for not wearing Beats, do you have to be right according to them, or can you manage being right according to you? I think the latter's enough for something as subjective as sound, isn't it?

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #1,364 of 5,506
Any head-fi member who purchases Beats should be ashamed, there's an abundance of quality cans that will give you everything the beats have and more for much less.

That said, they ain't the worse thing to happen to audio. They are great headphones for lots of mainstream music.

No need to hate on Monster for being smart enough to market their product correctly.

​

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,365 of 5,506
Upcoming christmas season spending frenzy : 

new Monster Audio FULLHD BEATS by Dr.Dre ! Experience sound in FULL HD and 3D ! 
experience sound in 192Khz/64bit sound ! price $500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back