Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jun 19, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #676 of 5,506
well I had assumed that they had copied the originals to the "b" I'm pretty sure the drivers are most likely the same, and the amp design is identical, but i need some time to A/B wouldn't it be a RIOT if they sounded Identical, they already look identical enough that if you bought a real pair you'd have to put a label on each designating "real" and "fake" so you don't get them mixed up.
To be honest, for $30 a pair, I feel comfortable buying 3 pairs, ripping out the internal amp and finding a way to shove a Pa2v2  in there, and install some decent closed drivers.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #677 of 5,506
Hmm for $30 I'd consider picking up a pair of unsanctioned beats, since that is closer to what they are worth before markup. Got a link?

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #678 of 5,506

Quote:
Hmm for $30 I'd consider picking up a pair of unsanctioned beats, since that is closer to what they are worth before markup. Got a link?

yes does anyone know where these are order able from. i want one if they are only $30.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #679 of 5,506
My dad's GF actually FLEW to China on business and picked them up and brought them back, I might be able to get her to buy 2 more pairs for me, but I'll have to pay her for them and I'm a greedy mofo and ain't gonna give em up.
Last I checked a run to China costs about $2k last time my friend went a few months ago, my dad's GF's job pays for her trips.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #680 of 5,506
fact is if your buying beats for style it's best to go with fakes. i have seen pictures of fakes that look much better then real beats (ferari beats, etc). plus they are cheaper so it's a win win situation.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #681 of 5,506
Thing is with beats in public, noone hassles me or gives me weird looks, they are the "socially accepted" large headphone
thing is these knockoffs don't sound that bad, if they retailed for $100 I wouldn't feel ripped off at all, they sound like Ultrasones, but with slightly recessed mids, all in all not TOO bad, no way in HELL I'd pay $300 for them though. I paid $280 for my Sony MDR-Z1000's and they are quite nice, considerably smaller than I thought they would be though...

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #682 of 5,506

Quote:
My dad's GF actually FLEW to China on business and picked them up and brought them back, I might be able to get her to buy 2 more pairs for me, but I'll have to pay her for them and I'm a greedy mofo and ain't gonna give em up.
Last I checked a run to China costs about $2k last time my friend went a few months ago, my dad's GF's job pays for her trips.

So what you're saying is you won't start us a counterfeit beats smuggling route?  
triportsad.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #683 of 5,506

Quote:
So what you're saying is you won't start us a counterfeit beats smuggling route?  
triportsad.gif

dang and i had my hopes up to.
triportsad.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #684 of 5,506

Quote:
triportsad.gif

LOL fraid not PM me I'll see what I can do but she brought back TEN PAIRS in full retail boxes, how the hell she got that past customs I'll never know.

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #685 of 5,506

Quote:
LOL fraid not PM me I'll see what I can do but she brought back TEN PAIRS in full retail boxes, how the hell she got that past customs I'll never know.

Head-Fi is starting to feel like Goodfellas. Good luck with that, it seems like you have a really good opportunity at hand. It would be a great DIY project too: driver transplant into the Beats. However, any DIY without durability is not worth the hassle, and if the original Beats already broke by you looking the wrong way at them, these can't be any better.

I agree that they are probably made from the same factory that makes the Beats, this is very reoccurring in PC hardware, in which a factory creates 500 CPU chips, sells 450 at Intel, and sells the other 50 themselves for 1/10 of what Intel charges. But in this case, that only tells us it's just as good as the Beats in durability, which really isn't saying much. But hey, maybe you'll get lucky :) good luck!

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #686 of 5,506
for $30 I don't really care, and she gave them away to family members and friends. You do NOT sell counterfit stuff on Ebay, or anywhere for that matter, it is a big no no.

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #688 of 5,506
umm..
30 USD with shipping..impossible. 30 usd for the headphones and accessories, and a bit extra for shipping, very possible.

about 30 usd for b-stock white or black for studios. 35 for a-stock white or black.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5484214713

Please note, I do not know the sellers, so I cannot attest to their reliability. Nor do I condone buying fakes. 

Finally, I don't know if they'll ship internationally. My house cannot be the conduit due to the fact that I'm already under tight bounds by the Chinese Government.

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #690 of 5,506
oh man$ 30 knock off beats.  i could make a video where i get in arguments with people who love beats and then just pull my beats off my head , crush them and jump on them, then just run away 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back