Getting a gift for my sister
Aug 18, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #16 of 26
I think the looks and lightweight appeal of the PX100 suit girls very well - and I would know. That may be a good choice for your sister, assuming she doesn't need isolation. For you, maybe ATH-ES7 if you want closed? I had a pair several years ago and they served me very well, for all types of music. As a plus, they're durable and don't look too shabby on the head.

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #17 of 26
I was thinking PX200 II for my sister. as it is an improved version of the PX100?

dang, I always forget to update the list when I have the list. Will post up the list I made soon.

And, I am not planning to invest on an amp, so should I just get IEM? Or just stick to headphones..
NUUUUUU choices choices. What do you guys reckon?

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:
I was thinking PX200 II for my sister. as it is an improved version of the PX100?

The difference is basically open vs closed design. The PX200 is closed and so does not leak sound as much. I would recommend it if your sister doesn't want to bother the people around her with her music.

I'm a smaller-sized girl, and I find the PX200 to be extremely comfortable personally. They're certainly more comfortable than anything I listen to these days.

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #19 of 26
Oh I see.. That actually sounds like a headphone she'll use.
Comfortable, closed, not too big (portable), above average SQ?

I've put up the list of headphones I'm considering for my sister and myself.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 26
If she's not hooked on exagerated bass the PX200-II are great little headphones. Mind the fact that their sound signature is neutral.
They do tick all your boxes, especially the portability one. Incredibly small, all things considered, and will not leak any sound at medium listening levels.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 26
Get your sister the iGrado.

The price is right and they have the wonderful SR-60i driver in them.

But more than anything, the band goes around the back of your neck so it does not disrupt hair.

Trust me on this.

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #23 of 26
Hm, so I'm considering iGrado, PX200 II for my sister.. How about Maxell DHP-11?
For me, m50, sr60i, Alessandro MS1, Goldring 150, Koss UR55 or maybe one of the hippo iem.

If there's any problems you know about these headphones. Please do tell me, i'll drop them out of the list. Thanks

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Get your sister the iGrado.

The price is right and they have the wonderful SR-60i driver in them.

But more than anything, the band goes around the back of your neck so it does not disrupt hair.

Trust me on this.

I've tried the iGrado, however, my sister where's spectacles once in a while. So wouldn't the iGrado be in the way?
Do you think the Grado SR60i would be better?

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #25 of 26
Okay I've tried a few just now.
The PX200-II is really great, comfortable, sq is good, and it's really portable. just that the price tag is out of my budget.
So, I'm most probably gonna purchase the PX100 for my sister at RM290 which is around..$95?
Is the price ok? Or should I get it from amazon and shipped straight to her address in Australia?

For me, I kinda like the Grado SR60i. But the earpads a little scratchy, would it be uncomfortable after a while?
The shop offered the PX100 and SR60i for RM580 which is $180 plus a free Hippo White IEM.

What do you guys think?

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
Okay I've tried a few just now.
The PX200-II is really great, comfortable, sq is good, and it's really portable. just that the price tag is out of my budget.
So, I'm most probably gonna purchase the PX100 for my sister at RM290 which is around..$95?
Is the price ok? Or should I get it from amazon and shipped straight to her address in Australia?

For me, I kinda like the Grado SR60i. But the earpads a little scratchy, would it be uncomfortable after a while?
The shop offered the PX100 and SR60i for RM580 which is $180 plus a free Hippo White IEM.

What do you guys think?

USD95 for a px-100 is waay to expensive..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back