FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem
May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #61 of 152
How about here? http://www.amazon.ca/JVC-HAFX67B-Cushion-Headphone-Black/dp/B003AIL2F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306890378&sr=8-1

I would pay that much for them in a split second. In fact, double that... possibly triple, and I'd still buy.

May 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #62 of 152
I recently bought visang r02/brainwavz proalpha, they are amazing, deep and tight bass, far better than my jvc fx34 marshmallows...was wondering how do brainwavz compare with fx67? 

May 31, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #63 of 152

Quote:
How about here? http://www.amazon.ca/JVC-HAFX67B-Cushion-Headphone-Black/dp/B003AIL2F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306890378&sr=8-1

I would pay that much for them in a split second. In fact, double that... possibly triple, and I'd still buy.

That's awesome. For once Amazon.ca has earphones that I actually want. Usually I find them on .com, but they don't have them on .ca.

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #65 of 152
I just got a pair of fx67 today , tried it upon my fuze & laptop & pc.... max usage 2 hours
These sound terrible to me no bass piercing highs, if anyone wants these you can have them for $10 shipped you may feel different about these.

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #66 of 152
That's understandable coming from a bass head P.O.V.  I'm getting mine today so we shall see.  I have The "Zo" so should fix ANY bass shortcomings.  My buddy has the xb-500 too and I can match/outdo the bass with my m50/"Zo" combo =P

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #67 of 152
I just got a pair of fx67 today , tried it upon my fuze & laptop & pc.... max usage 2 hours
These sound terrible to me no bass piercing highs, if anyone wants these you can have them for $10 shipped you may feel different about these.

Considering what headphones you've owned/listen to, I'll take your impression very lightly.

Besides I'm a basshead to a point, and saying these have no bass is totally wrong.

Jun 4, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #68 of 152

Quote:

Yep, 2 hours. Certainly enough time to acclimate, run-in, and learn all you need to know about them
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #69 of 152
I find nothing wrong with him not liking it in 2 hours.  He has a sound preference and this obviously does not do it for him within his time limit so why waste more time.  Some like to take the time to analyze because he/she needs that much time while others know what they want with no time needed at all.  

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #70 of 152
Because you may not be fitting them right and not even know it. They could change with practice in fit or burn-in. You could be have a cold coming on or allergy, a little water in your ears or something physical that could change. Some acclimation to them can change the opinion. Even the time of day you listen can make a difference.

Take at least a couple days to make sure. No point to rush to judgement. I've had plenty of headphones/earphones and said I know I don't like these and sometimes have had a change of heart. Don't think the FX67 is a real hidden gem myself but they served me well till I gave them to someone.

I feel it decent advice for someone with 7 posts and not much apparent canalphone experience especially since there is nothing to lose and a bit more experience/practice can be a good thing. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #71 of 152
No bass?  Wow...I must have gotten a "special" pair then, cuz mine have a significant amount of bass on an iPod...which are notoriously bass-light without the EQu program being used or something.  Fine, not your cup of tea, but no bass is just incorrect.

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #72 of 152
I actually liked them straight out of the box. It's usually the initial impressions that lasts on me the most, and usually will set the mood further down the road. As with something like the Zino, the moment I hit play, I knew instantly I would hate it. 40 hours of burn in, and I still hated it. When I pulled the FX67 out and listened for the first time, I was like, "Man, these sound really good". That was awhile back though. When I got my second pair, after having much more experience with other headphones and IEMs, I was like, "Okay. These are really something special". It was confirmed that they sounded fantastic. And since then, I have found an EQ that I appreciate more than flat, and it makes these sound even better. I'm telling you, I will never buy another IEM ever again. I cannot even say that about my HE-500 and full sized headphones...

I find it strange you think these have no bass. If anything, the first thing I characterize these with is, "bass oriented". These are no slouches AT ALL when it comes to bass. But I guess if you are coming from an XB500 with the EQ set to full tilt in the bass band, then these would be bass light. Even for "basshead me", I find my new favorite EQ to take the sub bass down -2db and the mid bass -1db, while increasing the mids +2db and lower treble +1db. Bass light? No way. Treble heavy? Anything but.

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #73 of 152

Quote:

So are you open to shipping it worldwide? If yes, ignore Jant71's advice and send them to me
tongue_smile.gif

Try another pair of tips and give it sometime. If you still don't like it, you don't like it - as simple as that!

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #75 of 152
I just bought some today on sale at The Source.

I'll post some of my terrible impressions in a bit. I just suck at describing stuff, so it likely won't be accurate.

Okay, I've done some really brief listening to it, and this is what I've got:

Bass is good. Maybe a little too much mid-bass, but it's hard to tell. I'm actually really impressed with the amount/quality of sub-bass. Oh yeah, and it gets into the mids a bit too, but no biggie. Unlike you, I liked the Monster's bass quite a bit more here. I don't know why, it's just nicer.
Mids, I actually have no idea how to judge mids. They aren't any too forward, that's for sure.
Treble seems brighter than on my MTPGs, and a little bit sibilant. Not bad at all, but I definitely prefer the more laid-back Monsters.

Comfort-wise, the Monster work much better for me. Something about the straight nozzle thingy I guess, just goes in easier. Isolation is considerably better with the Monsters.

Overall, for the price, I love them. The signature is really to my liking, and for $20, I don't have any complaints. Also, they helped me realize how great the Turbine Golds are. It's like they were made for me. Nothing against the JVCs, I mean, the Turbines cost me like 15x more, so they should be a heck of a lot better, which they are. One guy's opinion.

And after a quick head-to-head, the FX67s seem like the sound is a little "masked."

It really sounds like I'm complaining about it, but I think what I'm saying is just little technicalities. Is the sound better in the Monsters? Heck yeah. Do the Monsters warrant a price tag $300 more than the JVCs? Not likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back