FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem
May 24, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #31 of 152
I actually just ordered a pair of Atrio M5s instead...I think the low end will be a bit better than the GR07s.  Not to mention the fact that you can actually buy the Atrios right now.  The GR07s are out of stock everywhere.  If I'm not happy with the Atrios then I'll probably give the GR07s a shot.  

I obviously haven't reach the diminishing returns threshold yet but I love having a piar of the 67s around for doing things that I wouldn't want to do in my 150 dollar earbuds (like yardwork).  LOL.

May 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #34 of 152
The shirt clip or the phones are better by a long shot?

Quote:
Thanks for your input everyone. Good to finally see some praise for these.

Yup, that's the one. Although I will admit, I've never seen a review for a shirt clip...

I have had the M6, M9, and A151, and find these better by a long shot.

May 25, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #39 of 152
Quote:
Yup sure did, sorry about that, I am Polish after all.  I will see myself out.

Nope, you're good. I didn't even see that you currently own and reviewed the A151. That's probably why you said that.
wink.gif

May 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #40 of 152
I wonder why Joker reviewed them so poorly then? I hardly ever look at anything he gives below a 7 so this got me thinking alright...

May 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #41 of 152
Quote:
I wonder why Joker reviewed them so poorly then? I hardly ever look at anything he gives below a 7 so this got me thinking alright...

Everyone's ears are different obviously.  :)  If these things just had an ipod control on them they'd be absolutely perfect for the gym.  The cable is one of the best I've ever used...so soft and doesn't tangle or remember being coiled up in a case.  I can't believe these things were 25 bucks.

May 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #42 of 152
Quote:

He rates based on technical capabilities. The FX67 aren't that advanced, but it's their sound signature and presentation that works the magic.

Quote:
Everyone's ears are different obviously.  :)  If these things just had an ipod control on them they'd be absolutely perfect for the gym.  The cable is one of the best I've ever used...so soft and doesn't tangle or remember being coiled up in a case.  I can't believe these things were 25 bucks.

Yup, cable is quite amazing. I would even say the Pro Golds cable really isn't better, it's just as good (a bit thicker when it splits into left and right). But I would have to say the best cord as got to be the A151, but the FX67 is probably the best non-twisted version. And yes, I cannot believe they were $20 either. I'm really glad they are though, that just means replacements are very easy.

May 27, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #43 of 152
Ok, I just purchased a pair of these online & I will hopefully receive them shortly.
I'll post my thoughts and see how well these cheap buds size up :)

May 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #44 of 152

Quote:
He rates based on technical capabilities. The FX67 aren't that advanced, but it's their sound signature and presentation that works the magic.

Well this changes the game considerably for me then. I went out and bought the Denon AH-C351 again and am convinced these are the IEMs for me. So if I am correct, its their sound signature which I am in love with. Now my question to you, or anyone else for that matter, is how do I proceed with upgrading? How do I get a technically improved product within the same sound signature? Does this mean that I stick with Denon products? Even though I believe the 351 is a foster product...

Any advice and/or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back