Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,656 of 2,832
I love the Vibrolabs stuff. As soon as they get tuning kits back in stock, I will get the curly maple cups and the tuning kit. I saw an interview of the Vibrolabs owner on youtube. I can totally get behind that guy and buy his stuff.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #2,659 of 2,832
I love the Vibrolabs stuff. As soon as they get tuning kits back in stock, I will get the curly maple cups and the tuning kit. I saw an interview of the Vibrolabs owner on youtube. I can totally get behind that guy and buy his stuff.

Yes I heard that one and it's awesome.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,661 of 2,832
I hear this term "grainy" so much lately, and I don't know what it means. I think many people are using it to describe different things. I'm not a fan of the ZMF classics either. After all of the other T50 mods I have heard, this one doesn't really stand out as anything more the just meh to me either. Maybe I should give it another shot because it was the follow up act to a pair of Sendy Aivas.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #2,662 of 2,832
Has anyone got spare Mark 2 drivers laying about that they don't need?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #2,663 of 2,832
Couldn't wait on the Vibro Labs tuning kits to come back into stock any longer. I found the Vibro Labs X Wabi Sabi cups on ebay and pulled the trigger. After seeing what FireLion and fleasbaby have done, I just had to. It's the logical next step for an RP driver addict. On that note, FireLion have you thought about putting a detachable cable on these? Would it work?

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #2,664 of 2,832
Did anyone else try the hockey tape mod (post 2362 in this thread)? I've been running them happily on my desk at work (from an O2) daily for the last two years with zero complaints.

I came back around to modelling the driver June of 2018 in a fluid-structure-interaction (FSI, coupled Fluent and Mechanical) environment including the air contained within the magnet arrays (up through the vent holes). I have quite a bit of model tweaking left before I could claim the model predicts the measured responses. I got some goading from a member to continue about that time, but I'd like some other subjective feedback if others had tried it.

This was the last FR obtained from the FSI impulse response (note the model still showing unrealistic ringing at the primary resonance, but the ~10kHz signature is present). Still more work if there is interest here.

49018490527_8eb151fe30_z.jpg

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #2,665 of 2,832
Did anyone else try the hockey tape mod (post 2362 in this thread)? I've been running them happily on my desk at work (from an O2) daily for the last two years with zero complaints.

I came back around to modelling the driver June of 2018 in a fluid-structure-interaction (FSI, coupled Fluent and Mechanical) environment including the air contained within the magnet arrays (up through the vent holes). I have quite a bit of model tweaking left before I could claim the model predicts the measured responses. I got some goading from a member to continue about that time, but I'd like some other subjective feedback if others had tried it.

This was the last FR obtained from the FSI impulse response (note the model still showing unrealistic ringing at the primary resonance, but the ~10kHz signature is present). Still more work if there is interest here.

49018490527_8eb151fe30_z.jpg
Wow, you put a lot of work into that. I am very curious to see where this project goes. Could this possibly help predict what wave guide geometry would work best?

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #2,666 of 2,832
Is there anyone here that could possibily be willing to print me some 3d printed "waveguides" for my LCD-2.2s? They're the DIY plastic parts someone came up with as a Fazor substitute for pre-Fazor LCD series models; I'm pretty sure they were discussed in this thread at some point before, though I could be mistaken. I'd definitely be willing to pay if someone could print me a set, and I have the file needed for printing them I can post or send to whoever as well. Just let me know :)

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #2,667 of 2,832
Is there anyone here that could possibily be willing to print me some 3d printed "waveguides" for my LCD-2.2s? They're the DIY plastic parts someone came up with as a Fazor substitute for pre-Fazor LCD series models; I'm pretty sure they were discussed in this thread at some point before, though I could be mistaken. I'd definitely be willing to pay if someone could print me a set, and I have the file needed for printing them I can post or send to whoever as well. Just let me know :)
I would recommend SLA or SLS printing for waveguides. They require a high level of detail and smoothness to work as intended. Unfortunately I cannot do them. There are plenty of online services that print and ship though. Just Google it and you will come up with a bunch. I used Shapeways for some T50 waveguides that were SLS printed and sandblasted.

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #2,668 of 2,832
Couldn't wait on the Vibro Labs tuning kits to come back into stock any longer. I found the Vibro Labs X Wabi Sabi cups on ebay and pulled the trigger. After seeing what FireLion and fleasbaby have done, I just had to. It's the logical next step for an RP driver addict. On that note, FireLion have you thought about putting a detachable cable on these? Would it work?

How's the build coming along? Any pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back