Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Oct 21, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,533 of 2,017
i read the thread...i see i'm not the only one with the upc problem. i was in contact with a rep, who ask for a copy of my upc but once i email it...i got nothing but silence since then. 

I just checked the RapidRebate, after having all but given up...low and behold, it "has been received" and "please allow 8-10 weeks after you claim has been received."

I sent it in July..:unamused:

That said, I DO really like the t40rp's...

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #1,534 of 2,017
Anyone had trouble getting their rebate for their trp series promotion? I think i got hood-winked for $50 by american music and sound and fostex. Its impossible to get someone over there to resolve this for me.

Just got mine,  like the others it took 10 weeks.  It definitely made the T50RP mk3 a bargain and was worth the wait. It is a great sounding set of cans but damn, every time I use them half the city goes dark when I try to drive em.

too bad so sad.... shiver in the dark suckers i got music to listen too   
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,535 of 2,017
  Just got mine,  like the others it took 10 weeks.  It definitely made the T50RP mk3 a bargain and was worth the wait. It is a great sounding set of cans but damn, every time I use them half the city goes dark when I try to drive em.

too bad so sad.... shiver in the dark suckers i got music to listen too   
beerchug.gif

Try to drive them? They don't take that much lol

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,537 of 2,017

Try to drive them? They don't take that much lol

ohhhhhh yes my friend.... they indeedy do. Of the six amps I have - micca  monoprice creative E5, teac 301, schiit magni and violectric HPA90 only the schiit, the teac and the hpa90 will drive them to produce a good full, rich, sound quality. (obviously to my ears.... not everyone)  Even then, only the HPA90 can do it without a real strain on headroom and even that is at max gain. The E5 will drive it but the noise floor seems to triple.  

I had hopes that an IFI Micro DSD would make these sing and it did exactly that but I kept having problems with the IFI dropping the driver. It happened in every computer i have (3) and  even dropped it on my tablet, so I sent it back. Too bad because I really thought it was a terrific dac/amp feature and sound quality wise. 

My alpha dogs take a stout amp to drive well also but nowhere near what these take. 

who knows  maybe the boys over at Massdrop can convince Siemens to put out an amp with a few megawatts per channel and we'd all be swimming in molten drivers.  
happy_face1.gif

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #1,539 of 2,017
hey anyone have a problem with the right side of the headphone where you have to adjust the cord to a certain way in order to have sound coming out the right side of the ear cup? 

Are you using the stock audio cable? If so, get rid of it and try a different cable. The most recommended is the V-MODA audio only cable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MYTR7KQ/

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,542 of 2,017
Yes, mine took about 10 weeks, post 1335 quoted above gives a link to check status

Don't bother w/the brainwaves pads by the way, they changed the wonderful sound signature into something quite dull; back to stock pads in a matter of hours......still sippin' the single malt though.

It has been over 16 weeks Lol for me, I just submitted the inquiry on rapidrebates. It did shoe my rebate on file. I will update when I get the check... If ever. Lol

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #1,544 of 2,017
I really do think the Shure 1540s are the best pads for the T50RP Mk3s

Super comfortable and most importantly does not affect the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back