Focal Clear headphones
Mar 6, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #2,896 of 12,543
I just pulled the trigger on a the Focal Clear Professional. I am looking forward to more reviews. I am happy I will be able to use my balanced Norne Audio Solv X Cable and soon to come Draug 3.

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #2,897 of 12,543
I just pulled the trigger on a the Focal Clear Professional. I am looking forward to more reviews. I am happy I will be able to use my balanced Norne Audio Solv X Cable and soon to come Draug 3.
Welcome to the Black and Red Club

:slight_smile:

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #2,898 of 12,543
The most successful hi-fi shops in the UK are down south were the money is,America, where are the most successful hi-fi shops is it place related
It varies so much. I hear from a lot of people that look for HiFi shops around them but they don’t have any. Makes it impossible to then walk into a store and have everything at your disposal.

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #2,899 of 12,543
When I first heard the mojo it blown my mind. However, after a while I get used to it. According to your impression, the hugo 2 seems to be in a completely different league.

If you get the Poly, the gap between the Hugo 2 and Mojo is reduced signficantly.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #2,902 of 12,543
Why do you say that? Thanks

I'm not sure what the Poly is doing, but it increased the performance up to a point I stopped using the Hugo 2 for office use :p

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #2,904 of 12,543
That's interesting, I didn't think the poly changed the sound, just added streaming and a card reader to the Mojo...

If you don’t hear a difference between the Mojo and Poly + Mojo, then you don’t hear it I guess?

Others also heard the same.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #2,905 of 12,543
If you don’t hear a difference between the Mojo and Poly + Mojo, then you don’t hear it I guess?

the Hugo 2 has the "mojo filter" on it, so that would be interesting to put the Hugo 2 on the mojo filter and see if you hear a difference between that and the mojo?

What types of genres do people feel like the Clear excel at? I am thinking really dense and fast techno would make it shine the most.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #2,906 of 12,543

Apparently the Hugo 2 with the 2go is four times as good as the Dave.It has a m scaler built in with 4 billion taps and I'm guessing price but under 900 quid BARGAIN!!! !

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2,908 of 12,543
Hi Arthur,
it is excellent you are so precise!
I agree with your impressions.
The Clear with its flatter FR and little more precision is more definitely reference. Its energy being softened down compared to the other two Focals, its can please more people and is more an all-rounder. On the other hand the Elear with its better attacks and dynamics and slight bass emphasis is more fun for listening to metal and hardrock.
Thanks for the compliment. I am listening to the elear with clear pads right now. The clear pads reduce the bass and lift up the presence region slightly. On the other hand, clear sounds thicker and darker with elear pads. It's interesting that a simple pad swap can alter the tonal balance effectively.

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,909 of 12,543
Still waiting on my focal clear pro,Nintronics said they taking so long because they getting shipped all the way from New Zealand,it's been over three weeks now???Thought focal was French?? ?

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #2,910 of 12,543
Currently using HD 800 S but desirous of more bass. I tried
the utopia but even at 3k (on sale) the price is a bit much for me. Would the Clear be a happy medium of the sound stage of the HD 800 S with a bit more bass and color/warmth? Mostly listen to jazz, classical, ambient music, contemporary classical and hip hop.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back