Focal Clear headphones
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #2,871 of 12,550
It's a joke that we've been going back and forth with since some members started purchasing the Clear Pro instead of the Vanilla Clear. You can read about the sound enhancements that the Black/Red color scheme provide if you read back through some more recent posts.Right now...I believe that I'm the only member able to speak to their existence until others have the Pro's in their hands. Then they too can experience the sonic enhancement of the colors Black and Red for themselves.

:laughing:
Hey mate my headphones will be at the shop Monday but not my astell and Kern gutted

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #2,872 of 12,550
Hey mate my headphones will be at the shop Monday but not my astell and Kern gutted
That's great news about the Clear, but too bad about the A&K. These are so easily driven. Earlier today I plugged them into my older FiiO X5 - E12A combo and was floored by how great they sounded. The E12A is designed as an amp for IEM's but it had plenty of power to spare. The red pads didn't make the Clear sound hot at all...lol

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,873 of 12,550
That's great news about the Clear, but too bad about the A&K. These are so easily driven. Earlier today I plugged them into my older FiiO X5 - E12A combo and was floored by how great they sounded. The E12A is designed as an amp for IEM's but it had plenty of power to spare. The red pads didn't make the Clear sound hot at all...lol
I'll be plugging mine direct into the Hugo 2,wanna hear how good the Hugo 2 is

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #2,875 of 12,550
I have the Clear Pro’s - and they sound incredible with my Mojo - also with Schiit Multibit Bifrost/Asgard 2 combo — but better with Mojo to me
I'm made up for you mate,I had a mojo amazing little device.I can't afford a Dave so I ain't bragging about anything but I was shocked when I got the Chord Hugo 2 it's miles better than the Hugo,if you can stretch at some point I would go for the Hugo 2 mate

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #2,876 of 12,550
I'm made up for you mate,I had a mojo amazing little device.I can't afford a Dave so I ain't bragging about anything but I was shocked when I got the Chord Hugo 2 it's miles better than the Hugo,if you can stretch at some point I would go for the Hugo 2 mate
It’s next on my list - and I’m dangerously close to Audio46 in NYC right now :).

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #2,879 of 12,550
It’s a hifi shop in New York City
I went to New York in 2004 never seen one hi-fi shop lol,the bird I was with at the time nightmare she was but she wanted to go ground zero and I wanted to check the hi-fi shops out.She was huge,it must of been a phase I went through but I'm paying for it now,back is killing me

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #2,880 of 12,550
I'll be plugging mine direct into the Hugo 2,wanna hear how good the Hugo 2 is
I'm going to take a black marker and write Hugo 2 on the portable headphone amp I have. I want to see how much better the Clear sound.

:laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back