1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Clear headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mtoc, Oct 1, 2017.
First

Back
184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193
195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204
Next

Last
  1. brianc0428
    I just pulled the trigger on a the Focal Clear Professional. I am looking forward to more reviews. I am happy I will be able to use my balanced Norne Audio Solv X Cable and soon to come Draug 3.

MrPanda likes this.
  2. kino lau
    Welcome to the Black and Red Club

:slight_smile:

brianc0428 and MrPanda like this.
  3. BunnyNamedCraig
    It varies so much. I hear from a lot of people that look for HiFi shops around them but they don’t have any. Makes it impossible to then walk into a store and have everything at your disposal.

4. ubs28
    If you get the Poly, the gap between the Hugo 2 and Mojo is reduced signficantly.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  5. doraymon
    Waiting for the same cable to try with my Clear.
    On the paper this will shine with the Clear and vice versa!

brianc0428 likes this.
  6. MrPanda
    Why do you say that? Thanks

7. ubs28
    I'm not sure what the Poly is doing, but it increased the performance up to a point I stopped using the Hugo 2 for office use :p

8. MrPanda
    That's interesting, I didn't think the poly changed the sound, just added streaming and a card reader to the Mojo...

9. ubs28
    If you don’t hear a difference between the Mojo and Poly + Mojo, then you don’t hear it I guess?

Others also heard the same.

10. BunnyNamedCraig
    the Hugo 2 has the "mojo filter" on it, so that would be interesting to put the Hugo 2 on the mojo filter and see if you hear a difference between that and the mojo?

What types of genres do people feel like the Clear excel at? I am thinking really dense and fast techno would make it shine the most.

11. paul2qute
    Apparently the Hugo 2 with the 2go is four times as good as the Dave.It has a m scaler built in with 4 billion taps and I'm guessing price but under 900 quid BARGAIN!!! !

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  12. Arthur Li
    Many mojo users have stated that a good quality digital source with low jitter is essential to get the most out of mojo. Perhaps poly is such a top notch source.

MrPanda likes this.
  13. Arthur Li
    Thanks for the compliment. I am listening to the elear with clear pads right now. The clear pads reduce the bass and lift up the presence region slightly. On the other hand, clear sounds thicker and darker with elear pads. It's interesting that a simple pad swap can alter the tonal balance effectively.

bidn likes this.
  14. paul2qute
    Still waiting on my focal clear pro,Nintronics said they taking so long because they getting shipped all the way from New Zealand,it's been over three weeks now???Thought focal was French?? ?

15. crayons23
    Currently using HD 800 S but desirous of more bass. I tried
    the utopia but even at 3k (on sale) the price is a bit much for me. Would the Clear be a happy medium of the sound stage of the HD 800 S with a bit more bass and color/warmth? Mostly listen to jazz, classical, ambient music, contemporary classical and hip hop.

First

Back
184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193
195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204
Next

Last