flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 18, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #12,782 of 39,414
I have to admit, that looks way prettier than i expected. How easily does dust stick to the surface?

I never understood the bunch of cables inside either.

As someone who's had to photograph silicone IEMs in the past: Very easily.

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #12,783 of 39,414
FedEx being almost a week early is out of character...

[EDIT] It could just be Grzegorz sending Mim some pics. Ol' Greg has to do some marketing for SE6 right?

Now, it's hard for me to picture green being Mim's choice of colour...

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #12,784 of 39,414
I have to admit, that looks way prettier than i expected. How easily does dust stick to the surface?

I never understood the bunch of cables inside either.

I haven't received them yet, but they are the same as the SE5U. The dust is fine, but with any silicone customs, the color will become cloudy fast, so don't hope for eternal beauty. The number of cables is because they have 6 bores, so 6 crossovers, much more complex than even those 12 drivers with only 3 crossovers.

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #12,785 of 39,414
I haven't received them yet, but they are the same as the SE5U. The dust is fine, but with any silicone customs, the color will become cloudy fast, so don't hope for eternal beauty. The number of cables is because they have 6 bores, so 6 crossovers, much more complex than even those 12 drivers with only 3 crossovers.

Gentle reminder that, just like drivers, the quantity of crossovers are no indication of sound quality.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #12,789 of 39,414
hate to be the party pooper/voice of sanity here

but seeing that people have trouble selling their custom Legends (cause no one can reshell them) , i find buying SE6 (which can not be reshelled , is not available as demo/universal and on top of that cost 2 kidneys) an even more absurd purchase, and something only for the truly rich/dontgivea**** ones

oh well , sanity was never a key ingredient in people's purchases here so i expect lots of SE6 appearing here

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #12,791 of 39,414
Piano forte x-g- one driver
Lab2 -one driver
Kse 1200 - one driver
Ex1000 -one driver
One driver -simply amazing
And the Uber I took yesterday... also, just one driver.. 4.7 STARS!!

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #12,795 of 39,414
If that wasn’t your intent then I humbly apologise for misinterpreting.
Thank you. My intent was just to say that more cross overs requires more cabling (I think), to answer the question on the why the mess inside. But of course it makes it more difficult, from what I have heard to achieve coherence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back