flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #12,766 of 39,414
Or was the deal that Gregorz would only send Mim an SE6 if he agreed to stop sending him unsolicited naked workout pics? :wink:
9d6Q2Rp_700wa_0.gif

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #12,767 of 39,414
Well, that's not the rumor I heard. The word on the street, instead of "in exchange for my honest opinion", you agreed with Grzegorz to receive it "in exchange for your semi-nude workout pictures" :D
I said free of charge, not free of discharge

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #12,768 of 39,414
Well, that's not the rumor I heard. The word on the street, instead of "in exchange for my honest opinion", you agreed with Grzegorz to receive it "in exchange for your semi-nude workout pictures" :D
And I might add, please raise your hand who would refuse such a deal.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #12,773 of 39,414
Dude I have more abs than the Zeus has drivers. He's liking da pics.
Oh yeah, well I have as many abs as the Warbler has drivers! So there it is.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #12,774 of 39,414
As the W900's thread seems 'under activity' :wink:, I post m'y question here.
Having a universal w900, which DAP would be the best to pair with ?
While it sounds great with most sources, it scales nicely with power and likes DAPs with a clear/wide soundstage. My preference with the 900 is a cleaner source with power so my favorite is my H2 - I know, not very portable. My second favorite is my Calyx M - I know, not very user-friendly. While I haven't had the opportunity to pair it yet, my guess for the best pairing would be the AK SP1000 M or SS given the clarity and power - I know, kind of expensive. Back to my first comment, it works fairly well with most sources. Will be trying it soon with my Sony WM1a given the upgrade in SQ it just received with the new 3.0 firmware update. The new update has taken it from dark and cramped to wide and clear-ish rich with more sparkle retaining the nice dynamic punch and power. I now have a renewed interest in my Sony where I was thinking of selling it last week. Hope that helps a little - feel free to PM me if you need more.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #12,775 of 39,414
While it sounds great with most sources, it scales nicely with power and likes DAPs with a clear/wide soundstage. My preference with the 900 is a cleaner source with power so my favorite is my H2 - I know, not very portable. My second favorite is my Calyx M - I know, not very user-friendly. While I haven't had the opportunity to pair it yet, my guess for the best pairing would be the AK SP1000 M or SS given the clarity and power - I know, kind of expensive. Back to my first comment, it works fairly well with most sources. Will be trying it soon with my Sony WM1a given the upgrade in SQ it just received with the new 3.0 firmware update. The new update has taken it from dark and cramped to wide and clear-ish rich with more sparkle retaining the nice dynamic punch and power. I now have a renewed interest in my Sony where I was thinking of selling it last week. Hope that helps a little - feel free to PM me if you need more.
Thanks a lot. I'm gonna consider all your advices

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #12,778 of 39,414
Beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back