flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #12,736 of 39,414
I did have a chance to try them out, twice. Two long sections. That's the reason why I went full retard when Alex decided to release his take on these birds and I've read his review like 6 times already.
Great stuff from him, and Oriolus.
Ooh four!

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #12,737 of 39,414
I got a Hansound Aegis recently and decided to pair it with my A12t and my diy plugs. I just started listening to it and I think this pairing is quite exciting to listen to. I'm listening to Hendrix atm and everything is positioned very intimately, and I can feel everything inside the music (not hearing, it's more a feeling, not sure why I think this). This pairing also seems to focus more on tone than detail, I'm not sure what to describe it as, I guess it's smoothness: the crunchy bite is taken away and the sound of the notes is more pronounced.

I think I would describe the experience as being in a really small well-damped(is that word?) room sitting among the band performing, it doesn't work for certain things like pink floyd's dtsom and van halen, but is exceptionally enjoyable for queen, hendrix, and jazz

edit: I take it back on jazz, it got a little boring

this is coming from an 8wire plussound and m20 modules so I imagine some of what I'm feeling is due to the decrease in transparency, which I welcome wholeheartedly

maybe I'm crazy though, my ears are pretty inexperienced

edit: I'm thinking a lot of the changes are also due to increase in the bass response and loss of transparency, this honestly sounds like a different iem altogether to me. The m20 plus sound 8 wire is way brighter and thinner, almost artificially transparent to me

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #12,738 of 39,414
More love for the Mellianus... which translates to a grand total of 3 people who've heard and loved it in Head Fi.

So let's get the hype train started eh? :ksc75smile:

You can also count me among Mellianus fans.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 17, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #12,739 of 39,414
I wonder what could be coming from Poland to me. ..
FB_IMG_1539772959705.jpg

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #12,742 of 39,414
As the W900's thread seems 'under activity' :wink:, I post m'y question here.
Having an universal w900, which DAP would be the best to pair with ?

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #12,744 of 39,414
I spoke with Earsonics this morning regarding the Grace...and for those that were wishing for a Universal EM10 your wish may have come true. I was told that the Grace and EM10 share the same DNA and there is very little difference in sound. Great news.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #12,745 of 39,414
No idea what you're talking about.

OMG you're the first!
I was wondering when it would happen :p

Please don't post any impressions, my bank account can't take it :ksc75smile:

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #12,746 of 39,414
i envy the 'loaded' people who can afford buying blindly a 3K ciem that has no warranty transfer or reshell option like SE6

you are cockteasing us poor guys , you know :L3000:

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #12,748 of 39,414
OMG you're the first!
I was wondering when it would happen :p

Please don't post any impressions, my bank account can't take it :ksc75smile:

If @Mimouille of anyone can hear the SE6 with all it stands for in the dank, murky swamplands of market trends and not run it over with a pick-up truck within the first week, it's the only glowing review Grzegorz will ever need. :wink:

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #12,749 of 39,414
If @Mimouille of anyone can hear the SE6 with all it stands for in the dank, murky swamplands of market trends and not run it over with a pick-up truck within the first week, it's the only glowing review Grzegorz will ever need. :wink:

Now THAT would make a good Youtube video... :wink:

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #12,750 of 39,414

Wise words, indeed :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back