flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 23, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #316 of 39,414
LPG plus Zeus is a wonderful pairing despite the bit of hiss, especially XIV. I am sorry to say that LPG + SE5 Ultimate is also one of my favorite things on the planet...made me buy the LPG.

Please don't be sorry. My post was partly a joke as I already did saw (in the SE5 Ult. thread) that you really liked that combination.

The SE5 Ult. initially caught my interest when it won FFAB, and of course I'm also very curious where it will end in the ranking over here
rolleyes.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #317 of 39,414
Please don't be sorry. My post was partly a joke as I already did saw (in the SE5 Ult. thread) that you really liked that combination.

The SE5 Ult. initially caught my interest when it won FFAB, and of course I'm also very curious where it will end in the ranking over here :rolleyes:
There is one on sale in the FS thread...

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #318 of 39,414
There is one on sale in the FS thread...

Thanks for the tip! And at such an attractive (although there will be reshell costs on top of that) price too
rolleyes.gif

But I've already spent my last audiobudget on the LPG + Zeus over the past weeks.
Maybe later on my HF journey, after I've sold some items (out of my current collection) and if it's really that good.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #319 of 39,414
Thanks for the tip! And at such an attractive (although there will be reshell costs on top of that) price too :rolleyes:

But I've already spent my last audiobudget on the LPG + Zeus over the past weeks.
Maybe later on my HF journey, after I've sold some items (out of my current collection) and if it's really that good.
There's always the kid's college budget and the food budget.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #320 of 39,414
the se5 comes to 1150 euros (with the reshell costs) so let's say 1200 euros with the new impressions

definitely a great price compared to the 1750 asked for a brand new se5ult

only way i can justify for not grabbing it , is that i have NT6 and i don't feel like spending another 1200 euros for a 5-10% improvement (if se5 is better than nt6), so i'd rather use this money to buy a better source for it (and my EE athena) like sony wm1a (also waiting for a idsd black label demo to arrive next month) - people say that NT6 scales great with good sources , and as good as zx2 is i feel like NT6 stays somewhat grounded by it

but yeah, such an amazing price, times like these you curse for not having some secret funds bank account to drain completely 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #321 of 39,414
My miracle came in the form of the U12 B1 for $1050. I call it a miracle, because its signature suites my tastes to a T. Great bargain and perfect signature: A Head-Fi miracle! :D

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #323 of 39,414
There's always the kid's college budget and the food budget.

You're right about the food budget. But hey, audio budget = college budget over here! I figured ''Why would they (I've got 2 kids) need college education if they can run a 2nd hands audiostore from my house in about 10 years''
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by proedros /img/forum/go_quote.gif

only way i can justify for not grabbing it , is that i have NT6 and i don't feel like spending another 1200 euros for a 5-10% improvement (if se5 is better than nt6), ...

I don't know if it's a question of which one is better (they both should be exceptional good) in this case, but from what I've read NT6 and SE5 Ult should have completely different sound signatures.

My miracle came in the form of the U12 B1 for $1050. I call it a miracle, because its signature suites my tastes to a T. Great bargain and perfect signature: A Head-Fi miracle!
biggrin.gif

Great price (you paid) and a true HF miracle indeed!
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #324 of 39,414
Hmm interesting... all that talk about the SE5ULT on the FS ad. That used to be my SE5ULT LOL. Although I was happy that someone bought it, I'm kind of bummed by the fact that he's flipping it when he gave me the impression he'd reshell it himself. I sold it to him for much less than $750USD...

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #325 of 39,414
Hmm interesting... all that talk about the SE5ULT on the FS ad. That used to be my SE5ULT LOL. Although I was happy that someone bought it, I'm kind of bummed by the fact that he's flipping it when he gave me the impression he'd reshell it himself. I sold it to him for much less than $750USD...

I remember you had it last year at Canjam S'pore, any reason why you sold them?

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #327 of 39,414

Then signal it on the add, he is kind of an ass for trying to profit from this.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #328 of 39,414

Wait what, that's yours?! Dude, that's a seriously crappy move to pull especially since you sold it for so low. I saw your new listing, was about to negotiate with you before seeing that it was already reserved...

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #329 of 39,414
I remember you had it last year at Canjam S'pore, any reason why you sold them?

The connection issue, as stated on his ad, had to be repaired and Grzegorz wanted to reshell them too. At first I thought I had enough cash to fix it. But I was scammed of quite a bit of money and hence couldn't afford to repair it anymore. It would be a long while before I could get that kind of money again and leaving so much money invested in its box at home just rubbed me the wrong way. So unfortunately I sold it. I'm looking forwards to purchase an SE5REF in the future instead though.

:flushed: There is one born every minute... :smirk:

Haha. A sucker like me who sold it so cheaply? :sweat_smile:

Then signal it on the add, he is kind of an ass for trying to profit from this.

Okay haha I'll do just that

Wait what, that's yours?! Dude, that's a seriously crappy move to pull especially since you sold it for so low. I saw your new listing, was about to negotiate with you before seeing that it was already reserved...

Haha yea. I put out the new price just 2 days ago and I sold it to him last night. Seemed like a pleasant guy that genuinely wanted it. But apparently he just wanted to flip it...

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #330 of 39,414
Haha yea. I put out the new price just 2 days ago and I sold it to him last night. Seemed like a pleasant guy that genuinely wanted it. But apparently he just wanted to flip it...

I wonder if that's against the forum rules? I know there's explicit rules against flipping eBay, Audiogon or other 3rd party site items here, but not sure if that applies to something you bought on the For Sale forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back