flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 23, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #331 of 39,411
Haha yea. I put out the new price just 2 days ago and I sold it to him last night. Seemed like a pleasant guy that genuinely wanted it. But apparently he just wanted to flip it...

I wonder if that's against the forum rules? I know there's explicit rules against flipping eBay, Audiogon or other 3rd party site items here, but not sure if that applies to something you bought on the For Sale forums.

It definitely applies if one flipping stuff from within the forums but considering that he bought the item off a different website, I think it's still technically allowed.

Dick move still though.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #332 of 39,411
I wonder if that's against the forum rules? I know there's explicit rules against flipping eBay, Audiogon or other 3rd party site items here, but not sure if that applies to something you bought on the For Sale forums.

I remember that that is one of the forums rules here on head fi a while back. Not too sure about that now. I really wonder how he'd respond to me finding out he bought it solely to flip. And why he'd think that I wouldn't know either

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #333 of 39,411
I remember that that is one of the forums rules here on head fi a while back. Not too sure about that now. I really wonder how he'd respond to me finding out he bought it solely to flip. And why he'd think that I wouldn't know either

Yeah that's terrible. Sorry you had to experience that. Luckily for every dirtbag on here, there are 100 great folks.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #334 of 39,411
"Haha. A sucker like me who sold it so cheaply? :sweat_smile:"

@lookingforIEMs I can see your reasoning, but that is a seriously low price you let it go for. Since SE hardly does any Discount Sale, these IEMs tend to retain their value well.

Where did you advertise it? I can't see any.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #335 of 39,411
Yeah that's terrible. Sorry you had to experience that. Luckily for every dirtbag on here, there are 100 great folks.

Thanks! Hahaha

"Haha. A sucker like me who sold it so cheaply? :sweat_smile:"

@lookingforIEMs I can see your reasoning, but that is a seriously low price you let it go for. Since SE hardly does any Discount Sale, these IEMs tend to retain their value well.

Where did you advertise it? I can't see any.

https://carousell.com/p/86471971

It's a local Singaporean trading platform where a lot of people buy and sell used and even imported goods.

You can click on my profile and read the feedback that I have from him. His username is boonchaboon.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #336 of 39,411
https://carousell.com/p/86471971

It's a local Singaporean trading platform where a lot of people buy and sell used and even imported goods.

Holy crap at that price I would buy two!

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #337 of 39,411
Holy crap at that price I would buy two!

HAHAHA.

Well, I put it up for sale at 1300 sgd which is ~ 920 usd for a while.

I then dropped it to 1000sgd which is ~ 700 usd.

Still, no one seemed to be able to match the price.

As a last resort I priced it at $700 which is ~ 500usd . It worked. But hey I can't turn back time now and sell it here instead haha

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #338 of 39,411
HAHAHA.

Well, I put it up for sale at 1300 sgd which is ~ 920 usd for a while.

I then dropped it to 1000sgd which is ~ 700 usd.

Still, no one seemed to be able to match the price.

As a last resort I priced it at $700 which is ~ 500usd . It worked. But hey I can't turn back time now and sell it here instead haha

Man you could've matched my first offer of $800 
basshead.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #340 of 39,411

Hahaha yea. At the time, I was aiming to buy a hidition nt6 from null audio which was about 1.3k sgd too. And I didn't have money to top it up from 800 to 1.3k so it was a huge no for me... well... I guess now I know what i should habe done instead haha

Any reason why you decided to switch from the SE5U to the NT6?

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #341 of 39,411

I couldn't afford to repair it. And since ~920 usd was a reasonable price I guess I thought I could sell it and buy the nt6 at the same time, and at least have another CIEM once my se5 is gone. Besides, I love the nt6 hahaha. It was a no brainer for me. Until I realised how little people wanted it in Singapore

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #342 of 39,411

Two of the most respected CIEMs back in the day. By back in the day I meant 2014 lol

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #344 of 39,411
I couldn't afford to repair it. And since ~920 usd was a reasonable price I guess I thought I could sell it and buy the nt6 at the same time, and at least have another CIEM once my se5 is gone. Besides, I love the nt6 hahaha. It was a no brainer for me. Until I realised how little people wanted it in Singapore

Hey man, there is an option here with US Postal Service, where you can intercept the package before it is delivered to the recipient, and have it sent back to you. If the package has not been delivered yet, you can try if such an option exists with Singapore Post. May be you already thought about all those options and finally gave up. Just thought I'd let you know if you haven't.

It appears that the SE5 classified has been removed on Head-Fi by the mods.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #345 of 39,411

The CIEM landscape sure has changed a lot huh. Apart from 2 or 3 fanboys, I hardly ever hear of Hidition anymore...

Well it is more a matter of marketing power. Hidition doesn't cater to international clients too much, because they cannot speak any English, so they have to treat every email through a third party translator.

But for what it is worth, I own the SE5 Ultimate and used to own the NT6, and not much of what I have heard / owned since is in the same league as these two. The only reason I sold the NT6 at the time is that the tonality was a bit bright for me. But I am considering getting a pro again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back