flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 22, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #301 of 39,414
Yea, Noble does that too. They don't announce the sale, until the previous day. In fact, they go to the extent of making you believe, there might not be a sale, to prevent people waiting for the sales, to make the purchase, which would affect their margin.

But, I doubt SE is trying to pull the same, as I have not seen any kind of sale after the 2015 CNY.

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #302 of 39,414
Maybe there will be some deals at NY CanJam...
I'm really skittish about ciems these days, went for a sale on acs Encores, had trouble getting good fit, went back a few times, and never really loved the sound. Have stuck to universals since.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #306 of 39,414

The SE5 Ultimate is still my favorite iem. I wish I could have a universal that sounds remotely like it.

Agreed.
I know this is a bit cliché but when I listen to my SE5 Ultimate it simply gets out of the way allowing music to just flow.

Hmmm, very interesting
rolleyes.gif

Recently I've spent all that was left of my audiobudget on a LPG + Zeus XR, but luckily I think I haven't read something about great synergy between LPG and SE5 ult..

...yet
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #307 of 39,414

Hmmm, very interesting
rolleyes.gif

Recently I've spent all that was left of my audiobudget on a LPG + Zeus XR, but luckily I think I haven't read something about great synergy between LPG and SE5 ult..

...yet
wink.gif

Fight the urge...FIGHT THE URGE!
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #308 of 39,414
Jan 23, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #309 of 39,414
Spartan ADEL, not bad per se, I just don't like the tuning & ridiculous sensitivity & grainy treble (& floppy module as mentioned elsewhere). Doesn't realy compare to S-EM9, I even prefer Q-Jays (though tbh I use those more than even S-EM9).

I think other people including flickenick have written up S-EM9 much better than I can.

Think you were originally saying you preferred a bit brighter sound than the S-EM9? If so you could consider the NT6pro, it has a very similar sound but with less mid-bass emphasis and more upper treble. It's like a tighter, sparklier version of the S-EM9. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #310 of 39,414
Jan 23, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #313 of 39,414
  So much wisdom in this thread

And the real deal (Nics shootout) hasn't even started yet.
Where will this end?
rolleyes.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #314 of 39,414
Hmmm, very interesting :rolleyes:

...yet :wink:  
LPG plus Zeus is a wonderful pairing despite the bit of hiss, especially XIV. I am sorry to say that LPG + SE5 Ultimate is also one of my favorite things on the planet...made me buy the LPG.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #315 of 39,414
  Master, when I come to embody the Tao will a pair of endgame CIEMs be conferred upon me?

The path to endgame is paved with bloated bass, sibilant highs and empty wallets. You must be patient

Users who are viewing this thread

Back