flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 9, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,876 of 39,419
Apparently a lot of people do have the Togo 334. When I was selling my U12, Togo 334 was the IEM offered to me as trade the most. At least 5 different people offered me the Togo 334 as trade for the U12. Maybe because of the similar relaxing signature? I wonder is U12 would be an upgrade/sidegrade to the Togo 334 for people who want a soothing relaxing sound.
I am all about soothing and relaxing when it comes to my music. My Ei.3 do that really well and I miss them terribly (should be coming back soon).
Wow i think i was in the same situation as yours, i was contemplating between the MH334, A12, the UERR / 18+ and the Encores, but ended up getting the 334. The a12 and encores are either too dark or too fatiguing for me, while Ultimate Ears pulled a late cancellation (I was auditioning at a local audio show back in March) so i decided to grab the 334 instead. Even though they offered a special price during the event, seeing the 18+ surviving the shootout this long is definitely breaking my soul :tired_face:
Yes, I was wondering myself how well the 18+ would do. Nic suggested them as one of the options I should look into if I were in the market for "end-game" IEMs because the signature fit my preferences so well. After realising that I can't wear acrylic CIEMs, I was very happy to find out that a universal version is coming making them an option again. After I get my Ei.3 back I can also see if Piotr's universals are as comfortable as they look because that would make the Harmony 8.2 also an option again (or silicone CIEMs). Still have to save up though. And my wife has not yet forgotten how much I spent on my AK70 and Ei.3 in total. :sweat_smile:

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,877 of 39,419
I have owned the MH335DW for a while, incredible fit, comfort and fit quality. Soundwise...well you have to love the Fitear house sound. The bass is quite present, comes in wide waves, so amateurs of ultra tightness steer clear. They have incredible smoothness and coherency. For me, they lack some edge, some bite, but what they aim at doing, they do wonderfully.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,878 of 39,419
I have owned the MH335DW for a while, incredible fit, comfort and fit quality. Soundwise...well you have to love the Fitear house sound. The bass is quite present, comes in wide waves, so amateurs of ultra tightness steer clear. They have incredible smoothness and coherency. For me, they lack some edge, some bite, but what they aim at doing, they do wonderfully.
This place... It's just one temptation after another! :hushed:

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,879 of 39,419
I am all about soothing and relaxing when it comes to my music. My Ei.3 do that really well and I miss them terribly (should be coming back soon).

Yes, I was wondering myself how well the 18+ would do. Nic suggested them as one of the options I should look into if I were in the market for "end-game" IEMs because the signature fit my preferences so well. After realising that I can't wear acrylic CIEMs, I was very happy to find out that a universal version is coming making them an option again. After I get my Ei.3 back I can also see if Piotr's universals are as comfortable as they look because that would make the Harmony 8.2 also an option again (or silicone CIEMs). Still have to save up though. And my wife has not yet forgotten how much I spent on my AK70 and Ei.3 in total. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully we can see the 18+ review out today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Saving for them is definitely worth it, the 8.2 demo sounds really good and with the 18+ still alive in the shootout you can't go wrong either way :wink:

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #1,880 of 39,419
2 hours left

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,881 of 39,419
Following the S-EM9, we'll be entering the top 10 with another of my personal favourites. Like I said before, many of these iems have not received much attention, partially because some are fairly new. But knowing these iems well by now and looking at the 10 remaining, I can confidently say that each one of them is nothing less than spectacular, in their own unique way. Of course, the same can be said for the iems that have already passed.

But what follows are iems with either magnificent stages, an accurate timbre and exceedingly natural signatures, or incredible precision; or combinations of all of the above. I can only hope to portray them at their best. But of course, just like the iems that have passed, there will equally be critique - up until the #1. Each iem is excellent, no iem is perfect (evil grin).

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,883 of 39,419
Rank #10:
http://theheadphonelist.com/rank-10-hidition-nt6-pro/
Hidition NT6-pro

NT1m1.png

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #1,885 of 39,419
Holy crap I was right!!!

Edit: Congrats to Hidition on making it to top 10.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #1,886 of 39,419
Holy **** I was right!!!
You sir must be a true visionary! :astonished:
But eeeeh, weren't you also the one that predicted the beer cap iem (even 5 times) in his top 5?

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,887 of 39,419
Jun 9, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,888 of 39,419
I have the 'vanilla' NT6 which is a great ciem and my all-time favorite (C)IEM , so I am very eager to read this review

it should be , once again , a stellar write up by Nic

btw , i managed to get mine used for 500 euros so yeah , it is a stellar bang-for-buck i guess (although a very respected ciem maker made fun of my purchase as 'buying a lada niva' , but then NT6 cost me 1/3 of his totl flagship and presumably/according to Nic , my NT6 scores better so yeah - guess he was wrong and i was right)

cheers

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,889 of 39,419
In case anyone wants to compare the NT6 with the NT6 Pro:

output.png

Green for NT6, Yellow for NT6 Pro

I personally preferred the non-Pro NT6. Extremely clear and detailed with a pretty good reference tuning (NT6 vs ER4XR for comparison). Easily gets my vote for one of the best bang-for-buck TOTL neutral IEMs available today. (That is, if you're willing to endure the apparently shoddy customer service towards foreigners)

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,890 of 39,419
NT6 nice but NT6 Pro is magical plus I love its bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back