flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 23, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #17,731 of 39,414
I take no offense my man, you can keep joking. I'm gonna kill my A12t and resurrect it within the next two years.
Such a great sport! Hat tip to you dear chap...
5ajbeWB.gif

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #17,732 of 39,414
You'd think that would stop customers from buying.
Especially when it's only the outer shape that's copied and is marketed as different model rather than copy/clone

Looks like I am clueless as to what those counterfeiters really do these days... and customers who buys, hell who are they? I wonder what the profile is...

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #17,734 of 39,414
Quick question : is there any other option than Campfire Equinox for a good mono dynamic driver CIEM?

Those are so few... As much as I love multi BA setup there is something about DD that I can't really get from BAs and also there is something about mono drivers...
So for the mid term future I'd love to have options... If ony JVC would build a custom FW10000 :p

In the meantime I am rocking the Phantom on DX220/AMP9 with Hulk, Grant Green "Idle moments" has me drifting in a daydream mode...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #17,735 of 39,414
Luckily they sound fake as well, can't match the real thing :p

I guess most of us will order at the source or an official retailer so not too worried but this has been a trend... for universal shell in particular, I remember the fake IE800 for example...
China making knock-offs is a 20 year old trend :p or at least 20 years that I can think of haha
Quick question : is there any other option than Campfire Equinox for a good mono dynamic driver CIEM?

Those are so few... As much as I love multi BA setup there is something about DD that I can't really get from BAs and also there is something about mono drivers...
So for the mid term future I'd love to have options... If ony JVC would build a custom FW10000 :p
I think it is the one and only yes. DDs in customs is still a fairly new concept that is being developed now - I think the air flow is more complicated for them to move once you have different shell shapes. The equinox has a mechanism for that which makes it independent of the ear shape/size - I think they mould the shell around the driver as opposed to inserting it

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #17,736 of 39,414

In the meantime I am rocking the Phantom on DX220/AMP9 with Hulk, Grant Green "Idle moments" has me drifting in a daydream mode...

Not a custom, but the FAudio Major is severely underrated around these parts. Then again, all you need are custom tips to make it a CIEM, no? :p

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #17,737 of 39,414
China making knock-offs is a 20 year old trend :p or at least 20 years that I can think of haha

I think it is the one and only yes. DDs in customs is still a fairly new concept that is being developed now - I think the air flow is more complicated for them to move once you have different shell shapes. The equinox has a mechanism for that which makes it independent of the ear shape/size - I think they mould the shell around the driver as opposed to inserting it

you can explore converting an Acoustune iem into ciem. i met someone housed the DD chamber in a custom.

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #17,738 of 39,414
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #17,739 of 39,414
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #17,741 of 39,414
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #17,742 of 39,414
Not a custom, but the FAudio Major is severely underrated around these parts. Then again, all you need are custom tips to make it a CIEM, no? :p

This one is on my wishlist, but custom silicon is not exactly the same as a CIEM really... but it’s a universal with a perfect seal, granted...

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #17,743 of 39,414

Rocking the Phantom on WM1a with 1950 and am in pure bliss. :)

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #17,745 of 39,414

The Equinox is high up on my curiosity list. I'm interested in how it compares to the Atlas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back