flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #17,716 of 39,414
Looks like our schedules have lined up, @SLC1966. :p Here's a review for one of my recent favourites: Han Sound Audio's 8-wire Aegis. It combines spaciousness, separation and imaging precision with organic, mellow warmth like no other cable I've experienced before, and all at a still reasonable price compared to today's high-end offerings. Enjoy! :D

I stopped reading your reviews (it's all snake oil anyway..) because I like so much the pictures. :D

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #17,717 of 39,414
Looks like our schedules have lined up, @SLC1966. :p Here's a review for one of my recent favourites: Han Sound Audio's 8-wire Aegis. It combines spaciousness, separation and imaging precision with organic, mellow warmth like no other cable I've experienced before, and all at a still reasonable price compared to today's high-end offerings. Enjoy! :D

Oh my... this looks like a cable I would love! Already a fan of Hansound since my zen 8 wires...
23 AWG ? That's quite a gauge for an 8 wire!

Please stop it the bank is going to repo my %ss!

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #17,718 of 39,414
Once again, excellent work! Over the past year, I've seen people pair the 8-wire Aegis with VE8, PP8, and full-sized headphones like Sony MDR-Z1R, Sennheiser HD820. Oh the versatility of this cable :smile_phones:

Thank you so much! Indeed, I love the 8-wire Aegis because the dominant colouration it brings is spatial, rather than tonal. That wide and deep, clean, airy stage takes precedence, followed by a light whiff of meatiness and warmth. Unless you want a lot of bass or a lot of top-end, the 8-wire Aegis is a wonderful all-rounder; like a soundstage steroid. :D

I stopped reading your reviews (it's all snake oil anyway..) because I like so much the pictures. :D

Haha! That's fine. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so you're actually reading more than everyone else. :p

Oh my... this looks like a cable I would love! Already a fan of Hansound since my zen 8 wires...
Please stop it the bank is going to repo my %ss!

Ooh look, @ayang02 said it he's seen people pair it with the VE8... :wink:

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #17,719 of 39,414
Ooh look, @ayang02 said it he's seen people pair it with the VE8... :wink:

I could see how it would be a beautiful pairing given what you write about that cable... EM64 should be interesting as well... I'll have to wait for Xmas time to recoup from the Hulk (I love that cable, took it to a meetup yesterday and people were quite impressed...I'll gladly read your review on this one :p) and FIBAE7 purchase. But 8 wire Aegis one item added high to my wishlist now :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #17,720 of 39,414
I could see how it would be a beautiful pairing given what you write about that cable... EM64 should be interesting as well... I'll have to wait for Xmas time to recoup from the Hulk (I love that cable, took it to a meetup yesterday and people were quite impressed...I'll gladly read your review on this one :p) and FIBAE7 purchase. But 8 wire Aegis one item added high to my wishlist now :)

Definitely. Speaking of wishlists, I have something else here that’ll definitely rank high on yours as well, especially given your current shift towards more affordably-priced flagships. But, I’m getting ahead of myself. Next week. :wink:

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #17,721 of 39,414
Definitely. Speaking of wishlists, I have something else here that’ll definitely rank high on yours as well, especially given your current shift towards more affordably-priced flagships. But, I’m getting ahead of myself. Next week. :wink:

Noooooo! :wink:

My wallet is dead, long live my wallet...

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #17,723 of 39,414
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #17,726 of 39,414
bet Piotr is wiping his brow right now thinking "damn, it's a good thing you can't pirate a CIEM".
Depends on how you define "pirate" because Pithy attacked, tortured and damn near killed his A12t...

giphy.gif

(Sorry Pithy, that was the last time, I promise.)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #17,728 of 39,414
<looks at all Chinese fake IEMs nervously>

Luckily they sound fake as well, can't match the real thing :p

I guess most of us will order at the source or an official retailer so not too worried but this has been a trend... for universal shell in particular, I remember the fake IE800 for example...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back