flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #17,687 of 39,414
Looks like we should be able to make it. If at MS, definitely go with scans, you'll get your order queued shortly after instead of paying like $30 for shipping and waiting 10days before they even arrive at our lab :)

That's advanced level customer service right there! Before I even thought to request it :D
Many thanks, I shall certainly be in touch!

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #17,690 of 39,414
Anyone here with experience on the Fiio M11?
Maybe this helps. The m11 sounded the same to my LG v40 phone with the Fh7 using a single ended connection. The only improvement was that the m11 could better dissect dense parts of music. They made 15% ish more sense from the m11. Going balanced, there was a more noticeable difference both in terms of resolution and imaging. It sounded better. I returned it, though because it hissed with the 4.4D cable, which having tried the copper one too, I think is the only one to get. :)

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #17,691 of 39,414
you may wanna check the quality of your music , Zeus XR has no flaws in the highs , if there is a shortcoming (not for me) it's the bass could be more robust

but if you think the highs on zeus are flawed , you probably listen to modern badly-mastered music which sounds hot and you think zeus is the problem

garbage in garbage out , nothing zeus can do about it

cheers
I listened to Darkthrone using Fiio Fh7+M11. It sounded quite "airy", but my ears felt hurt by the harshness. :)

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #17,692 of 39,414
Since there's no prayer in hell for me regaining my sanity any time soon, thought I would post my latest setup after making a few trades and deals:

IMG_8844.JPG

IMG_8847.JPG

64 Audio U18T, Labkable Titan Au, Cayin N6ii. The pairing is sublime. Warm, musical, plenty of detail, vast stage. Seriously guilty pleasure here. I swore I would slow down on the gear acquisition, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Scary thing is that I have an even better cable (I think) coming tomorrow. It's fine, my kid doesn't need to go to college.

I was about to finish off with wishing everyone a happy Friday, except it's Tuesday. That should indicate where my head is at.

-Collin-

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #17,693 of 39,414
Maybe this helps. The m11 sounded the same to my LG v40 phone with the Fh7 using a single ended connection. The only improvement was that the m11 could better dissect dense parts of music. They made 15% ish more sense from the m11. Going balanced, there was a more noticeable difference both in terms of resolution and imaging. It sounded better. I returned it, though because it hissed with the 4.4D cable, which having tried the copper one too, I think is the only one to get. :)
that sounds kind of meh... I guess it really isn't that impressive even if it does look sleek and easy to use.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #17,694 of 39,414
Since there's no prayer in hell for me regaining my sanity any time soon, thought I would post my latest setup after making a few trades and deals:

64 Audio U18T, Labkable Titan Au, Cayin N6ii. The pairing is sublime. Warm, musical, plenty of detail, vast stage. Seriously guilty pleasure here. I swore I would slow down on the gear acquisition, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Scary thing is that I have an even better cable (I think) coming tomorrow. It's fine, my kid doesn't need to go to college.

I was about to finish off with wishing everyone a happy Friday, except it's Tuesday. That should indicate where my head is at.

-Collin-

Nice looking setup man! The N6ii is pure win. Here is my own setup, with Solaris:

69180628_10162284974895654_821322679003906048_n.jpg

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #17,696 of 39,414

-Collin-

Man...this addiction is so merciless !!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #17,697 of 39,414
Whoa, you are fully wireless! :)
And half-eartip-less.. :)

Jokes aside, I loved the Solaris, great IEM... but the shape just didn't play well with my ears, I couldn't keep a good fit whatever I tried.
Definitely it should be on everyone's audition list.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #17,698 of 39,414

-Collin-
I know it is pathological, but darn I wish I could get away with that!

[dodges flower pot thrown by wife]

:D

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #17,699 of 39,414
Regarding the upcoming Sony DAPs we were discussing the other day, looks like Sony is coming out with 2 devices this year. NW-A100 and NW-ZX500 which are going to be successors to the NW-A55 and the ZX300 respectively. Both devices seem to have WiFi, but there is no word confirming if the devices would support streaming. Looks like there is no flagship DAP from Sony this year.

https://tinhte.vn/threads/sony-nw-a...an-moi-duoc-he-lo-truoc-them-ifa2019.2995950/

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #17,700 of 39,414
Regarding the upcoming Sony DAPs we were discussing the other day, looks like Sony is coming out with 2 devices this year. NW-A100 and NW-ZX500 which are going to be successors to the NW-A55 and the ZX300 respectively. Both devices seem to have WiFi, but there is no word confirming if the devices would support streaming. Looks like there is no flagship DAP from Sony this year.

https://tinhte.vn/threads/sony-nw-a...an-moi-duoc-he-lo-truoc-them-ifa2019.2995950/
If they do this will be a gamechanger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back