FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jul 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #451 of 4,896
Quote:
^  I agree. Although I haven't heard the FX700, the CKM99 sounds better at low & medium volume levels than at higher volumes -- in fact, it's the only reason I never sold it because I only listen to the CKM99 at (very) low volumes. The K3003 is a very interesting IEM in that it's the only phone I've heard that sounds excellent at any volume.

An interesting fact.  Cardas' new IEM is supposed to match the logarithmic curve of the inner ear (some technical part) in order to ensure true linearity as opposed to biased linearity.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #452 of 4,896
Quote:

An interesting fact.  Cardas' new IEM is supposed to match the logarithmic curve of the inner ear (some technical part) in order to ensure true linearity as opposed to biased linearity.

Cardas makes a lot of fun claims.

*Ahem* Anyway, I'm curious to give the FAD 1601 Ear Mirror a try if they ever decide the general public is worthy of hearing it.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #453 of 4,896
Quote:
Higher volume ALWAYS sounds better than lower volume - it is just a psychoacoustic property of the ear. I listen to volumes of less than 85dB in all situations, most often settling between 70-75dB, in which case, almost every single player I've used naked has no problem with the ER4s. Maybe if you are listening for volumes of 85-95dB (dangerous levels), an amp is necessary. 
The 111 is more sensitive, yes. But again, I don't listen to loud volumes, so sensitivity is actually a problem for me. I prefer earphones like my GR8 that are over 100Ω, though the 118dB is a bit too much in that earphone. 

I see, I tend to listen to music at slightly louder volumes, therefore I prefer more sensitive phones, which I hope the 111s are over the ER-4S. 

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #454 of 4,896
I should have said: higher volumes always sound better as the ear is more sensitive to bass and treble at higher volumes. BUT, that doesn't mean higher as in over 90 or over 85dB. For instance, put music through headphones at about 65dB and then put it through at 70-75dB, both volumes considered 'lower' by most people, and apparently, bass and treble with have greater impact.

When I say high volumes like that, I am not in fact making spurious claims, but nevertheless, I am feckless. Sorry for the mistake.
Quote:

I'd say that depends on the IEM's sound signature, I think that rather V-shaped phones (e.g. the FX700) sound better at low volume than high volume. Of course, with flat ones like the ETYs, I agree with you.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #455 of 4,896
Quote:
I am feckless.

Nah, you're not. Only a bit lazy on the photography thread lately.
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #457 of 4,896
Quote:
I apologize if this has been asked.
I would like to know whether is  it worthwhile to change to 000 cable (or 001 is enough)?  
price difference is between 28,350 Yen vs 9800Yen for the 000 vs 001 cables
Is this ALO cable better or equal to the 000 cable with the Fitear 334?
http://aloaudio.com/sxc-24-iem-cable-fitear.html#

I've been trying to find out too. Thing is... the ALO is not out yet to compare with the 000. I guess only AnakChan can vouch on the 000s since he sent his to ALO for re-termination.

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #458 of 4,896
Got a pair in today. Ordered from ALO. Boy do the Japanese know how to manufacture stuff. The build is just ridiculously solid feeling in hand. They isolate like crazy. I read that the cable is quite microphonic, but I don't find it to be too troublesome so far. 

Sonically, first impressions-

Like others have said, transparency, and detail. But I think the area they're clearest in of all is the midrange. I mean I've never heard mids like this. And that part doesn't sound falsely pronounced or artificial in any way. Just the best midrange I've heard to date. I do wish they had a little more heft to the lows, but I guess you can never have it all. Running them out of my work mac, with Headstage USB DAC cable to Objective2 amp, I find the treble to be borderline biting and harsh. But playing straight out of my more mellow Sony X1060 things calm down just right. It's cool to see how much they respond to equipment pairing. For tips I'm having the best results with Sony Hybrids. 

Pretty interesting pair of earphones. I'll keep playing around with different combinations. 

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #459 of 4,896
Quote:
I've been trying to find out too. Thing is... the ALO is not out yet to compare with the 000. I guess only AnakChan can vouch on the 000s since he sent his to ALO for re-termination.

Not yet. I've still got my 000's. I'm going to show it to some Perth Head-Fiers first before sending them to Ken to have it balanced.

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #461 of 4,896
So far I'm finding they're just a clear conduit to whatever source you use. Such as, being a touch harsh in the top end when running out of my Objective2 amp and Mac, to being more mellow sounding in the top end when using my Sony X1060 (which is a very laid-back and analog sounding player). They're very efficient though so for power purposes they don't require an amp at all... in fact, I'm more and more amazed at the quality of sound I'm getting paired with the Sony X1060. Very, very enjoyable.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #462 of 4,896
Quote:
Got a pair in today. Ordered from ALO. Boy do the Japanese know how to manufacture stuff. The build is just ridiculously solid feeling in hand. They isolate like crazy. I read that the cable is quite microphonic, but I don't find it to be too troublesome so far. 

Like others have said, transparency, and detail. But I think the area they're clearest in of all is the midrange. I mean I've never heard mids like this. And that part doesn't sound falsely pronounced or artificial in any way. Just the best midrange I've heard to date. I do wish they had a little more heft to the lows, but I guess you can never have it all. Running them out of my work mac, with Headstage USB DAC cable to Objective2 amp, I find the treble to be borderline biting and harsh. But playing straight out of my more mellow Sony X1060 things calm down just right. It's cool to see how much they respond to equipment pairing. For tips I'm having the best results with Sony Hybrids. 

Pretty interesting pair of earphones. I'll keep playing around with different combinations. 

can you provide some brief comparisons this and your custom mg6pro? thx!

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #463 of 4,896
Quote:
can you provide some brief comparisons this and your custom mg6pro? thx!

Well they're totally different animals. They each have strengths where the other doesn't. Actually, about the only area the 334's don't beat out the MG6Pro's is in bass. If I could get a little bit of dynamic driver's bass depth in the 334's, it would be perfection! Everywhere else it's no contest. If you're someone who craves the utmost in detail and resolution, and transparency, then the 334's would be for you. The MG6Pro's sound sort of congested by comparison, especially in the mids. And the treble is a long way behind the 334's. 

More to come....

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #465 of 4,896

Try the T500 comlys. I'm having great results with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back