FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
May 14, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #4,233 of 4,896

I tried the new Fostex TE100, didn`t try the Air universals.  

And I drooled all over their speakers.  I didn`t even try not to . . . . 

Aren't the TE100 the Air's universal version?

Are they warmer than the TG334 as reported in the Fujiya Festival report?

May 14, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #4,234 of 4,896
Well the Fostex sounds good?
Personally not my taste....sticking to the TG334 & pondering on the MH334-SRs instead. The trebles were a little too rolled for me for the TE100's. But.....each to their own naturally.

May 15, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #4,235 of 4,896
Personally not my taste....sticking to the TG334 & pondering on the MH334-SRs instead. The trebles were a little too rolled for me for the TE100's. But.....each to their own naturally.

If the vocal performance of MH334-SR is better than the TG334, I will be most interested... So far TG334 is very special to me. With a semi-shallow fit and modded-Ortofon tips, the TG334 owns the vocal-range; any MTV unplugged album or chamber music is a magic moment, and oh the placement and imaging, even better than the K10AU I have.

May 15, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #4,236 of 4,896
Well the Fostex sounds good?

Yes, I thought they sounded spectacularly good, similar to my UM Maverick, and better than my memories of the 334 (though I`ve never been a fan of the 334). 

Aren't the TE100 the Air's universal version?

That is a logical suspicion, though the Fostex guys I talked to said the TE100 has their own wiring, cable, crossover and dynamic driver.  That doesn`t mean, of course, that Fitear didn`t get the dynamic driver for their Air from Fostex . .  

Like I mentioned above, somebody should A-B the two and see how different they sound. . .   AnakChan would be the guy to do it ! 

May 15, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #4,237 of 4,896

Yes, I thought they sounded spectacularly good, similar to my UM Maverick, and better than my memories of the 334 (though I`ve never been a fan of the 334). 

That is a logical suspicion, though the Fostex guys I talked to said the TE100 has their own wiring, cable, crossover and dynamic driver.  That doesn`t mean, of course, that Fitear didn`t get the dynamic driver for their Air from Fostex . .  

Like I mentioned above, somebody should A-B the two and see how different they sound. . .   AnakChan would be the guy to do it ! 

[Escaping paternal duties]
"Hi Honey, sorry, I'm going to the audio shops again after work. Someone in the forums is making me do so. You're ok picking up the kids and feeding them by yourself right?"
[/Escaping paternal duties]

Can do so later this week. Will ship out my TG!334 but mind you it's v1.0 with the glossy faceplate. I didn't bother to see if the v2.0 matte faceplate sounds the same or not.

About the FitEar Air, yes the DD is made by Fostex although the BA is not. As such their advert "Powered by Fostex" for the Air. Kinda makes sense that FitEar will make & market/sell the CIEM Air whilst make the universal TE100 shells for Fostex to market/sell. To me the TE100 is akin to Fujiya's F111.

May 16, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #4,238 of 4,896
Our lips are sealed, Anakchan, iro the escape from paternal duties... :speak_no_evil:

May 16, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #4,240 of 4,896
AnakChan, I am with your wife on the other line, she is disappoint. And she also told me she exchanged the internal drivers and wiring of your tg334, put small crickets instead, and you didn't hear the difference.

So I wasn't having tinnitus afterall!!!!

May 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #4,241 of 4,896

Can do so later this week. Will ship out my TG!334 but mind you it's v1.0 with the glossy faceplate. I didn't bother to see if the v2.0 matte faceplate sounds the same or not.

I owned both V1 & V2 for a while at the same time.  The V1 was smoother with the V2 a bit more lively and clear-sounding with a little extra bit of upper mid or low treble blip.

I would have kept the V2 for my preferences but sold them as I am selling both pairs.  I still have the V1 and need to list it.  (This funds my Oriolus 2 purchase which pushes the fun farther with the dynamic driver.)

Interested in hearing your impressions on the Fostex, AnakChan.  Cheers!  Don't get in trouble though... 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back