FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 28, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4,051 of 4,896
Did you just open up your FitEar? 
biggrin.gif

Female connector? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #4,052 of 4,896
Looks like some TF10 parts at the back?

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #4,054 of 4,896
  By more robust sockets on the v2 with the matt finishing, you mean the sockets are spring loaded like when inserting a sd card into a phone slot where you can hear a click sound? 
I assume the difference in physical traits of the 334 can also be found with v1 and v2 of the f111? 

Old post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-universal-series-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/2355#post_9247995

Yes there is a definitive click as opposed to, say, the Westone-style connectors.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #4,056 of 4,896
  that's with the matt v1 but not for the v1 glossy finish right? 

There's a v1 matte? I didn't realise. I thought the TG!344 went from v1 (Gloss) to v2 (matte). Are you saying there's actually a v3 (another matte)?

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #4,058 of 4,896
  sorry my mistake. Mean the matte v2 but not for the v1 glossy finish. 

Both the v1 & v2 versions clicked. I still have the glossy v1 TG!334 - my sweat hasn't worn off any coatings yet so the v1's still work fine on me. Of my earphone collection, the TG!334 has stuck with me the longest - I made the mistake of selling it once and promptly bought a replacement in regret. I don't think I'd ever sell my TG!334 again. Assuming we're not talking about new ('cos now TG!334's are made-to-order like the other FitEar CIEMs), in the 2nd hand market the TG!334 are very rare. In fact it's probably easier to pick up a pair of TG!334s on HF than it is in the 2nd hand stores in Japan. If one pops up, then it's usually gone within a few hours of it's listing online. And 2nd hand TG!334s sell for the price of new.

The catch to buying new in Japan is that, as mentioned, they're pre-order but what's more is that the buyer's name is registered - one pair per person...ever.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #4,059 of 4,896

Both the v1 & v2 versions clicked. I still have the glossy v1 TG!334 - my sweat hasn't worn off any coatings yet so the v1's still work fine on me. Of my earphone collection, the TG!334 has stuck with me the longest - I made the mistake of selling it once and promptly bought a replacement in regret. I don't think I'd ever sell my TG!334 again. Assuming we're not talking about new ('cos now TG!334's are made-to-order like the other FitEar CIEMs), in the 2nd hand market the TG!334 are very rare. In fact it's probably easier to pick up a pair of TG!334s on HF than it is in the 2nd hand stores in Japan. If one pops up, then it's usually gone within a few hours of it's listing online. And 2nd hand TG!334s sell for the price of new.

The catch to buying new in Japan is that, as mentioned, they're pre-order but what's more is that the buyer's name is registered - one pair per person...ever.

I concur. It took me a real while to hunt down a pair here in Vietnam, and the price wasn't exactly cheap either (though I suppose it was quite a bit cheaper if we're talking in term of what you'd have to fork out to secure a new pair outside Japan). I can definitely see the reasons for the high demand though - exquisite Japanese craftsmanship, sublime sound and high resale value - heck, I bet I could pass mine to someone else local in a matter of days and still suffer little to no loss at all.
The only qualm I seem to have with them is the fit - out of all the stock tips, only the S sized ones seemed to fit my ears properly, and while they did sound good, I found out that listening while lying on my bed cut down the bass bloat by quite a bit and brought out the magical mids of the 334's. Have anyone experienced anything like this? I'm thinking of going with the JVC Spiral Dot tips since my experience seemed to mirror that of Francisk's, but would the Ortofon's be a better alternative if I want to reduce the low frequencies on these?

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #4,060 of 4,896
Update:  BTG Midnight cable does everything that I wanted it to do.
  1. Better (longer/more memory) memory wire than TG!334 V2 cable (interestingly, the TG!334 V1 cable has better memory wire)  
  2. L-Shaped plug
  3. More flexibility
  4. Less cable memory
  5. Reasonable price

As far as sound: have not gone back and forth against stock. The BTG cable solved my practical problems so if I still like the sound generally, then it is good by me.

There are some microphonics with the cable when they move around but it's pretty normal.  

Recently, I saw that Brian/BTG was having a 15% off sale so you may want to contact him to see if that is possible.

(May mean he has a bit more time right now to make cables.  He is a one-man shop, so the speed is not as fast as someone who keeps more cables in stock. Was worth the wait for me.)

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #4,061 of 4,896
just ordered a TG334 and was told to wait for 45 days. Anyone knows why retail stores don't stock them? Surely not because the lack of demand right?

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #4,062 of 4,896
  just ordered a TG334 and was told to wait for 45 days. Anyone knows why retail stores don't stock them? Surely not because the lack of demand right?

Where did you order your TG334 from?

Retail stores no longer stock them as Suyama San took the business decision to build them on order basis, presumably to avoid sets floating around in the grey market.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #4,063 of 4,896
  There's a v1 matte? I didn't realise. I thought the TG!344 went from v1 (Gloss) to v2 (matte). Are you saying there's actually a v3 (another matte)?

There is a "V3" ---- it's 3D printed, so the shape is smaller (but somehow I find it less comfortable), the velvety black is even less opaque than before, and the glossiness of the exit port is not as shiny (because of the 3D printing). The port itself is longer. Also, the stock cable is no longer the 001, but the 006. But the components inside feel well-placed, and I can swear that it's almost better sounding because of the better precision of port shaping (but it could also be that the filters are cleaner because the unit is newer).

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #4,064 of 4,896

There is a "V3" ---- it's 3D printed, so the shape is smaller (but somehow I find it less comfortable), the velvety black is even less opaque than before, and the glossiness of the exit port is not as shiny (because of the 3D printing). The port itself is longer. Also, the stock cable is no longer the 001, but the 006. But the components inside feel well-placed, and I can swear that it's almost better sounding because of the better precision of port shaping (but it could also be that the filters are cleaner because the unit is newer).

Since the ordering process is now more exclusive and on a made to order basis, do you know if there is the option to buy the V1 for example from the official site, or do you only can buy the modell and get the newest version?

P.S. sorry for my bad english...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back