FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Nov 19, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #3,812 of 4,896
  Hi everyone,

Can i have some advice/recommendations for good cable upgrade and portable amp to complement the TG334? Budget in range of S$500 for both cable and amp.

Thanks!

If you like the TG334, you're probably a fan of vocals. Personally, I love how vocals sound on the Portaphile 627. The TTVJ MHP is also awesome (portable tube), but too bad that's long out of production.

Alternatively if you find the TG334 a bit warm (I definitely do), I think the Apex Glacier will be a good match.

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #3,813 of 4,896
  Hi everyone,

Can i have some advice/recommendations for good cable upgrade and portable amp to complement the TG334? Budget in range of S$500 for both cable and amp.

Thanks!

If you like the TG334, you're probably a fan of vocals. Personally, I love how vocals sound on the Portaphile 627. The TTVJ MHP is also awesome (portable tube), but too bad that's long out of production.

Alternatively if you find the TG334 a bit warm (I definitely do), I think the Apex Glacier will be a good match.

Those two amps would take the better part of your budget, but you might be able to squeeze in a BTG spc cable for Fitear.  Good quality, good sounding cable for a very reasonable price.  Also, Ted's Headphone Lounge has great bang for your buck on cables.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #3,814 of 4,896
Those two amps would take the better part of your budget, but you might be able to squeeze in a BTG spc cable for Fitear.  Good quality, good sounding cable for a very reasonable price.  Also, Ted's Headphone Lounge has great bang for your buck on cables.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Would this be the BTG spc cable and it can only be ordered from this site?
http://www.btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/Starlight-CIEM-cable/p/15566476/category=2706350

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #3,815 of 4,896
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Would this be the BTG spc cable and it can only be ordered from this site?
http://www.btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/Starlight-CIEM-cable/p/15566476/category=2706350

That is the cable, and it's very flexible if you order unsheathed.  To my knowledge, you can order only on his website.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,816 of 4,896
  I think you'll get differing opinions here. I actually just use my TG!334 with stock cable. Although I do play around with cables, I try not to think about the costs as at least in my experience quite often the amount one spends on a cable has less return on investment than say an amp or DAC. I'm merely mentioning this 'cos you're comparing the cost of a cable to the price of another earphone.

However if one isn't looking at what other options their $$$  can buy them and still want to upgrade just to tweak or get that little extra out of their current earphones then we can look at the various cable options. To me for around the $300 price range, I personally feel I get more out of the Wagnus Luna cables than the 000. The ALO didn't work well for me as the cable unit I tried felt the highs weren't too smoothed out. Having said that I have no idea how long it had been burnt in and maybe after burning in it could have smoothed out the highs.

One cable although I hadn't tried for a long time is the BTG Audio cables. The one that I did try I compared it to the 000s back then. I felt they sounded similar but the BTG was $200 less. So in that demo the BTGs seemed to have demonstrated great value for $$$.

I had the Beat Audio Cronus which I felt the price didn't justify the improvements to my ears. It was also around the price range of the Wagnus which I'd still prefer. Having said that, The Beat Audio Oslo II did grab my attention. However it's almost 2x the price of the Wagnus.

The ultimate cable which brings out the most of my FitEars is the Tralucent Uber cable. To me this was one of the few cables its improvements were comparable to some DAC/Amps. However the Uber is very pricey; list price is comparable to the TG!334 new overseas. Again it's not a value for $$ cable but if the TG!334 is the -only- cable for you and you want to get the most out of it at any cost then sure, go for the Uber.

My 2 yen worth.

Hi, do you know if there is an adapter existed that can turn the Westone 2 pin to Fitear connector? Thank you!
I have the BTG with 2.5mm plug, it sound too bright, The stock cable is much smoother, maybe it is a balanced vs none balanced thing.

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #3,817 of 4,896
Hi, do you know if there is an adapter existed that can turn the Westone 2 pin to Fitear connector? Thank you!
I have the BTG with 2.5mm plug, it sound too bright, The stock cable is much smoother, maybe it is a balanced vs none balanced thing.
No I don't unfortunately. But if you add an adapter the connector will end up too long anyway.

If you feel confident in DIY, Lunashop sells the Fitear styled connectors. You'll just need to snip & solder yourself.

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #3,818 of 4,896
No I don't unfortunately. But if you add an adapter the connector will end up too long anyway.

If you feel confident in DIY, Lunashop sells the Fitear styled connectors. You'll just need to snip & solder yourself.

There is noway I can do it myself, I better order another cable then, I heard the Black Widow matches the togo very well, I am going to give a try.
Thanks for the reply.

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #3,819 of 4,896

Doing it yourself is more then just saving money, its tons of fun and gives you the chance to mess around with a lot of $9.00 a ft wire. Getting in to 
DIY opens up a whole other side of you listening pleasure.  Check it out!

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3,820 of 4,896

I guess I should say that I own a 334tg , and have made four different cable for it using those Chinese fitting. All the cable sound different, so the best is what works for you.

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3,825 of 4,896
So, I suppose you asked Fitear who the US distributor is then...? Otherwise it looks like you may have to order from PriceJapan or Musica Acoustics. I did it, it's very easy actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back