FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Dec 31, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #3,841 of 4,896
Just thought I'd share an experience with the 334s I had today:

I went into my local audio dealer today fully expecting to place an order for the renowned K10 universals. But after fairly extensive auditioning, I ended up preferring the 334 as an all-rounder by a significant margin.

The 334 seemed cleaner, a little more dynamic, more upfront and crisper vocals, and a better sense of soundstage depth. The K10 is definitely less coloured, more neutral, has a wider soundstage, and tighter bass. I can definitely see the appeal of the K10, especially for those who want something more neutral and balanced. But I honestly felt that the K10 was a bit boring to listen to in comparison to the TG334 for a whole bunch of genres I tried: rock, pop, hip hop, ambient, and jazz (didn't try classical) 

These impressions come from driving both the K10 and TG334 with AK240 single-ended with stock cables and stock silicon tips. So in the end,  I didn't place an order for the K10 and my wallet won the day (for once)...although I'm beginning to think that I might need to get my hands on a spare TG334 or go for a custom Fitear

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #3,842 of 4,896
I have been told FitEar Fitear orders are incredibly backlogged and not till they can fullfil those order they will not open orders to international market.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #3,843 of 4,896
As much as that's bad to hear, that's pretty responsible of them. 10 month waits are not acceptable.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #3,844 of 4,896
What universal models does FitEar currently offer anyways?

FitEar ToGo 334 (never in stock)
FitEar F111 (always in stock)
FitEar Parterre (This one is especially easy to find used, e-earphone has like 5 right now)
FitEar Melomane (how many of these are out on the market anyways?)
FitEar FitEar (did they start the first batches yet?)

+ limited edition/AK variants

All of which aren't so accessible? Am I missing any?

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3,845 of 4,896

When I was planning on getting the MH335DW SRed, I told myself, "This is it. I can finally let go of my TG!334". I still can't. I don't know why...maybe it's nostalgia but it's the only earphone that's been with me since I got into HF and can't let go of it. Other IEMs have come & gone (or there's a Shure E5c which has been with me longer but sitting in storage for the past 5 years and is lost somewhere in my cupboards).

Hi Anak, would you mind sharing your impressions of MH335DW vs TG334 in terms of SQ? Would be much appreciated.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #3,846 of 4,896

FitEar Parterre (This one is especially easy to find used, e-earphone has like 5 right now)

Based on the fitear.jp site the F111 is not even listed (same goes with the Melomane and those AK variant).

It is safe to say that they are so back logged that they actually dropped the f111 all together. I hope I am wrong as it is because of how F111 paired with my current reference DAP that I am after the FitEar Fitear. I dont mind ordering the Parterre but I know I will have an issue with how they fit on the ear. 

http://fitear.jp/music/product/fiteartogo.html

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #3,847 of 4,896
As much as that's bad to hear, that's pretty responsible of them. 10 month waits are not acceptable.

I don't mind waiting 3-4 months but 10 months is too long. Honestly I want this FitEar Fitear so bad that I am willing to wait it out if they are willing to put me on the list. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #3,848 of 4,896
  I don't mind waiting 3-4 months but 10 months is too long. Honestly I want this FitEar Fitear so bad that I am willing to wait it out if they are willing to put me on the list. 

Have you heard it yet? Are there any impressions out yet? 

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #3,850 of 4,896

They will never be in stock anymore since Fitear has changed the order process. You can buy TG334/Parterre/Fitear by submitting the order form to the store. This makes the order process similar to ordering custom IEM. The wait is about 2-3 months. Only thing you need is being Japanese or having Japanese resident card.

That's what I know base on my limited Japanese. It may be wrong
biggrin.gif
. Hope it helps.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #3,851 of 4,896

They will never be in stock anymore since Fitear has changed the order process. You can buy TG334/Parterre/Fitear by submitting the order form to the store. This makes the order process similar to ordering custom IEM. The wait is about 2-3 months. Only thing you need is being Japanese or having Japanese resident card.

That's what I know base on my limited Japanese. It may be wrong
biggrin.gif
. Hope it helps.

Ouch... That makes me sort of regret selling my TG334 haha.

Thanks, that does clarify it alot. So sad though...

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #3,852 of 4,896
The 334 seemed cleaner, a little more dynamic, more upfront and crisper vocals, and a better sense of soundstage depth. The K10 is definitely less coloured, more neutral, has a wider soundstage, and tighter bass. I can definitely see the appeal of the K10, especially for those who want something more neutral and balanced. But I honestly felt that the K10 was a bit boring to listen to in comparison to the TG334 for a whole bunch of genres I tried: rock, pop, hip hop, ambient, and jazz (didn't try classical) 

I'm having a similar experience right now w/ 334s vs. custom Roxannes.  I've been listening to the Roxannes nearly daily since March, and over the last few days I've dusted off my 334s as I was going to sell them.

To my surprise they are quite an engaging listen, and driven out an Concero HP are unbelievably clear, dynamic, and tight.  There's no way I'm getting rid of these... ever :)

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #3,853 of 4,896

Hi Anak, would you mind sharing your impressions of MH335DW vs TG334 in terms of SQ? Would be much appreciated.

They're quite different. To me the MH335DW (mine's been Studio Referenced modded too) have more sub bass and the mids aren't as forward/full compared to the TG!334. The TG!334 OTOH has more mid bass bloom and the mids are full and highly transparent sounding intimate. To me the main attraction is the midrange, more specifically vocal presentation. It's very involving - so it's not just "midrange" but vocals specifically.

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #3,854 of 4,896

They're quite different. To me the MH335DW (mine's been Studio Referenced modded too) have more sub bass and the mids aren't as forward/full compared to the TG!334. The TG!334 OTOH has more mid bass bloom and the mids are full and highly transparent sounding intimate. To me the main attraction is the midrange, more specifically vocal presentation. It's very involving - so it's not just "midrange" but vocals specifically.

Thanks alot Anak, that is very helpful.

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #3,855 of 4,896
I'll be moving to Japan soon...interested in buying a pair of these. I don't see anywhere on their website to actually place an order though. Am I missing something, or do I just need to contact them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back