FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,781 of 4,896
I feel like trying new things again, How do I purchase spiral tips? And what size would be the equivalent of the Ortofon large tips?

My .2 cents, the large Spiral is a little smaller than Ortofon's large. Not a whole size's worth. Not sure what answer is. To get the spirals to be more isolating. They do sound better than the Ortofone's

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #3,782 of 4,896
My .2 cents, the large Spiral is a little smaller than Ortofon's large. Not a whole size's worth. Not sure what answer is. To get the spirals to be more isolating. They do sound better than the Ortofone's

I beg to differ on the size of tips Saraguie, the large Spiral Dot tips is actually bigger than the Ortofon's large white tips however I totally agree with you that the Spiral Dots tips do sound better.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #3,783 of 4,896

I beg to differ on the size of tips Saraguie, the large Spiral Dot tips is actually bigger than the Ortofon's large white tips however I totally agree with you that the Spiral Dots tips do sound better.

+1 - I needed something smaller than the stock large and larger than the Ortofon large, and the Spiral Dots did the trick.  To me, feels like the Spiral Dot are slightly larger than the Ortofon large.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #3,784 of 4,896
Yes!  The perfect solution is 'Shrink Tubing':

How to do it:

Remove the loose eartip from your IEM.
Cut a small piece 1/8" (3-4mm) and slide it on the part of the eartip that grips the IEM nozzle (not the part that touches your ear).  
Warm it up carefully with a hair drier or lighter (be careful), or dip in hot water.
The shrink tube will shrink tight around the eartip nozzle.

Now put the eartip back on your IEM....notice how fabulously it grips the IEM!

Alternative can use pipe tape to wrap around the nozzle of the Iem. Cheap and good.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #3,787 of 4,896
So I finally bought some JVC Spiral Dots. Funnily I've not warmed up to them as much as I have to the Ortofons. I do agree isolation is a little better on the JVCs but I find the Ortofons still seem to sound airier than the JVCs. Granted the JVCs do sound a little more spacious and plays on the natural warmth of the 334's.

I'm sure if I listen to the JVCs I'll grow more accustom to them.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #3,788 of 4,896
  So I finally bought some JVC Spiral Dots. Funnily I've not warmed up to them as much as I have to the Ortofons. I do agree isolation is a little better on the JVCs but I find the Ortofons still seem to sound airier than the JVCs. Granted the JVCs do sound a little more spacious and plays on the natural warmth of the 334's.

I'm sure if I listen to the JVCs I'll grow more accustom to them.

I had the opposite experience regarding isolation, the Ortofons do better for me.  And Spital dots sound better, like a vail lifted. Funny yea Sean.

Both are the same size. I wish they isolated as good or better than the Ortofons.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #3,789 of 4,896
  I had the opposite experience regarding isolation, the Ortofons do better for me.  And Spital dots sound better, like a vail lifted. Funny yea Sean.

Both are the same size. I wish they isolated as good or better than the Ortofons.

I just messaged FrancisK that very slowly I'm warming up to the Spiral Dots the more I listen. It's hard to decide which is better at the moment. The Sprial Dots does sound more spacious and I think it's due to the opening channel (the Ortofons seem narrower. And I'd dare say there's a tiny weeny little bit more separation/distinction with the Spiral Dots. But the highs seem to have toned down a little with them - which was what Ortofon did to the 334 (a little more treble extension).

Funnily I've been asked if I want to sell my 334 now that I've settled with the MH335DW-SR and K10s. But going back 'n forth between the TG!334 & the MH335DW-SR, the vocals of TG!334 are simply unparalleled. It makes it really hard to let go of the 334.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #3,790 of 4,896
Yes Sean, I've been so addicted to my TG334 ever since the day you got me bitten by the FitEar bug to the point that my wife is getting jealous :D
Btw try different insertion depth with the Spiral Dot tips Sean. You need medium insertion....not too deep or the highs suffer and the sound gets nasal...not too shallow too. You need to find that sweet spot with a good fit and you'll find that the highs are actually more extended than the Ortofon tips.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #3,791 of 4,896
On the other hand I want to let go of my 3 months old TG334. Universal tips are just not for me. FitEar's own, Ortofon etc.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3,792 of 4,896
I just messaged FrancisK that very slowly I'm warming up to the Spiral Dots the more I listen. It's hard to decide which is better at the moment. The Sprial Dots does sound more spacious and I think it's due to the opening channel (the Ortofons seem narrower. And I'd dare say there's a tiny weeny little bit more separation/distinction with the Spiral Dots. But the highs seem to have toned down a little with them - which was what Ortofon did to the 334 (a little more treble extension).

Funnily I've been asked if I want to sell my 334 now that I've settled with the MH335DW-SR and K10s. But going back 'n forth between the TG!334 & the MH335DW-SR, the vocals of TG!334 are simply unparalleled. It makes it really hard to let go of the 334.

if you decide to sell, I can buy them!?

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3,793 of 4,896
Oct 22, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #3,794 of 4,896

I've felt the same way about the Parterre's.  Vocals are why I can't seem to put them up for sale.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #3,795 of 4,896

No but I can ban you for your multiple banned accounts, maxsimus/Rustam.

Sorry to go towards off-topic but you seriously made me laugh
biggrin.gif
Well played dear mod AnakChan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back