FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 24, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #3,752 of 4,896
  Not. JVC Spiral Dots eartips do not have dimples...they have protruding 'dots', the complete opposite of dimples.

rolleyes.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3,753 of 4,896
Hahaha perfection

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #3,755 of 4,896
Aug 24, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #3,757 of 4,896
This is the sound emitting from the spiral dot tips.  Don't argue, it's all very scientific.  BTW, I bought some to try!!

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #3,758 of 4,896
  This is the sound emitting from the spiral dot tips.  Don't argue, it's all very scientific.  BTW, I bought some to try!!

Dot schmots, innie~outie, horn~bell, inner ear past 4th bend or 1/16th of an inch inserted.........I really don't care. If they work I'm happy. I still don't fully understand the crossovers in the 334 but I don't need to as I do know they are great sounding. IMO (Rudi is smart he ends every email that way)

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #3,759 of 4,896
  Dot schmots, innie~outie, horn~bell, inner ear past 4th bend or 1/16th of an inch inserted.........I really don't care. If they work I'm happy. I still don't fully understand the crossovers in the 334 but I don't need to as I do know they are great sounding. IMO (Rudi is smart he ends every email that way)

I agree!  I probably have 12 different types of tips from experimenting.  If they work, so be it!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #3,760 of 4,896
  I agree!  I probably have 12 different types of tips from experimenting.  If they work, so be it!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Don't forget to add IMO or there could be a 10 pages argument about how many different tips one needs to be sure  
wink_face.gif

Just kidding........ on this thread we, here a grown ups and show restraint as compared to a A&K thread as an example.
Well...... of course we are, since we are brilliant enough to have FT!334s! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #3,761 of 4,896
Used the Spiral dot tips today for 1 hour and only for blues. The SQ quality may change so these are only first impressions:

I had been using Ortofon copies and found these to be best until now.
First to note is, the Ortofon knockoffs give the best isolation with a good SQ I have tried since owning these, which is almost 2 years and 6-8 different types of tips.

Today isolation is the only characteristic that the Ortofon's have over the JVC's. The sound was clearer, instruments more separated, and more clean bass.
It as if a veil was lifted using them vs. what I was used to. The big bummer for me, is isolation is so important. I use the 334s out in public not at home. The two most often places I use them at are while watching my son's karate class where there is a lot of yelling and grunting going on (its a big class) and on a airplane where there is jet engine noise.

I think comply makes something that increase isolation but does not interfere with SQ and insertion depth?  Also I wish they went in a little further into my canal too.

I will give them a good listening too with a variety of musical genres and play around with positions both in my ear and cable bending to see if I can increase the isolation.

So far, if isolation is not a major concern, these are hands down the best for comfort and SQ.

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #3,762 of 4,896
  Used the Spiral dot tips today for 1 hour and only for blues. The SQ quality may change so these are only first impressions:

First to note is, the Ortofon knockoffs give the best isolation with a good SQ I have tried since owning these, which is almost 2 years and 6-8 different types of tips.

Today isolation is the only characteristic that the Ortofon's have over the JVC's. The sound was clearer, instruments more separated, and more clean bass.
It as if a veil was lifted using them vs. what I was used to. The big bummer for me, is isolation is so important. I use the 334s out in public not at home. The two most often places I use them at are while watching my son's karate class where there is a lot of yelling and grunting going on (its a big class) and on a airplane where there is jet engine noise.

I think comply makes something that increase isolation but does not interfere with SQ and insertion depth?  Also I wish they went in a little further into my canal too.

I will give them a good listening too with a variety of musical genres and play around with positions both in my ear and cable bending to see if I can increase the isolation.

So far, if isolation is not a major concern, these are hands down the best for comfort and SQ.

You might want to try inserting the Spiral Dot tips a few mm past the first bend to get a better isolation. Be aware that insertion depth after that sweet spot will destroy the SQ

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,763 of 4,896

i solve the isolation problem with this  http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-universal-series-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/3720#post_10823221

Yes you cant insert the JVC too deep into ear canal will mess up the sound. THats why some JVC user got worst result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back