First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Jan 1, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #256 of 269
It looks like BTG Audio will modify these headphones for around 40 dollars on the low end.  He can also make it a balanced output for about 75 so it is not too bad!  For now I am happy and I actually really like the stock pads.  I have tried swapping with other pads but have had mixed results.  I am I think one of the few that really like the T70p just as is.

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #257 of 269
It looks like BTG Audio will modify these headphones for around 40 dollars on the low end.  He can also make it a balanced output for about 75 so it is not too bad!  For now I am happy and I actually really like the stock pads.  I have tried swapping with other pads but have had mixed results.  I am I think one of the few that really like the T70p just as is.

Thanks for the information!

Is BTG Audio on headfi? I'd like to get a quote on getting the T70s a 3.5mm detachable cable.

Thanks.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #258 of 269

Just got these delivered today and they are beautiful!  Extremely well made and the stock pads are absolutely comfortable enough, I agree with you on that.

Really liking  loving the sound quality so far; they are clearer and smoother than the Denon MM400, which are more expensive.  They are similar in better in SQ compared to the MDR 1A's (though the Sony's still win by a slight margin for comfort); also the bass is far clearer and subtle when it needs to be on the Beyer's.  The vocals come through rich and clear.  The soundstage is impressive for a closed headphone;  the SQ has improved just from when I first tried them on.

I have two minor complaints.  The first is the cable for the fact that it is non-detachable and not a flat cable - however this is minor as I can always have them modded down the line if needed.  My second complaint is they do not isolate as well as I had hoped - there is definite sound leakage.  I will be using these mostly at home so not too concerned with this either.

I'm really really enjoying these and am glad some of the negative reviews I have read about them did not deter me from choosing these.  Wonderful headphones!

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #259 of 269
Hi, what do you think about these? Original Beyer for T70´s from leatherette:
909815.jpg

http://eastern-europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spareparts/edt70nl.html

Are they comparatable with Brainwaves pads?

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #260 of 269
No, those aren't anything like the pads we were talking about.

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #261 of 269
OK. I´ll take the Brainwavz. Which are the better - hybrid or pleather? I have some unexpected problems with ordering hybrid ones on Amazon
mad.gif
. I am convinced pleather is not porous like real leather so sweating may be a problem..?

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #262 of 269
I love these headphones the more I use them.  I recently had a chance to demo some mid level headphones and was surprised how much better the T70 P sounded in comparison.  The only headphone that blew me away more was the HD700 (in fact, I liked the 700's much more than the 650's that are so highly rated) but they are open and not portable and so for the price, the T70's are an incredible value.  The comfort, build and aesthetics are also wonderful.

My one gripe with this is the carrying case; understand it is not an ultra portable headphone but the carrying case is so big, I can't imagine having to travel with it.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a more practical case to carry this in?  I've looked at the Sentey GS-1401 but I need it sooner than I can get it for an upcoming trip. Thanks for any suggestions!

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #264 of 269
  Anyone know how the angled leather brainwavz pads are on the T70p? Or is the normal brainwavz pleather or hybrid pads better?

The hybrids are what I have and they are great, they angled ones are smaller so they will most likely not fit on the headphone.  I will soon have Dekoni Premium pads and will see how they compare.  They are designed for the DT series so the fit should be better than any of the oval Brainwavz pads.

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #265 of 269
I thought I would post my impression of the Dekoni Premium (platinum) Memory Foam pads with the T70p. 

To this date the Dekoni pads are the best.  The hybrids from Brainwavz are a close second, but the Dekoni's just "feel" better on the T70p.  The pads themselves fit better as they are designed for Beyers which also makes putting them on WAY easier.  It took me all of 5 seconds, compared to the near 10 minutes for the Brainwavz pads.  The memory foam is slightly denser on the Brainwavz, with a slower recovery time when pressed.  Having said that the Dekoni are more comfortable to me.  They seem to rest with lest pressure points, which I attribute top the fact that they are oval, not circular like Beyers are designed.  The Dekoni pads are about twice as thick as the stock pads so my ears no longer press near the drivers. This makes them far more comfortable.
Sonically the Dekoni create a better seal for my ears and in turn create a nice textured bass that is very lifelike.  I would say it increases the bass presence about 1-2 dB, which is the perfect amount.  Because the Dekoni pads (similar to Brainwavz) have a very thin fabric mesh inside the pad openings it helps tame the treble just even to reduce the harsh edge that can appear on some tracks.  These sonic findings are almost identical to the Brainwavz pads.

In summary, Dekoni > Brainwavz.  While they are very similar sonically, the Dekoni pads win in comfort and isolation.  I also think they just look better than the Brainwavz.  Honestly I wish Beyer used the Dekoni pads as the stock, I am sure it would have been a much larger success. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #266 of 269

Here are what the pads look like on the T70p.  I think they look real sharp!

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #268 of 269
Nope those are for the audio-technical headphones.  Massdrop just put these same pads back on a few days ago.  Here is the link!

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #269 of 269
So I opened up my t70p while changing pads and was a bit surprised when I saw a the driver. I had seen pics of the tesla drivers plenty of times on the web but most were the full metal drivers, the ones in my beyers have a blue plastic body.

Sooo... does anyone know if there are multiple revision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back