Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #3,181 of 11,644
HP_buehne.png
 ​
Apparently these are made by FAD/S'NEXT too? The strain reliefs certainly confirm that...​

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #3,183 of 11,644
HP_buehne.png
 ​
Apparently these are made by FAD/S'NEXT too? The strain reliefs certainly confirm that...​

There probably isn't enough WAT for that :l

Just... Why. That flat cable is the one thing that I just can't stand about certain Heaven models :/

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #3,186 of 11,644
Some crude impressions of the PF IX:

I really do like the feel of steel in my ears. Very comfortable air too.

Also, it seems that I have to turn up the volume up pretty high to get a decent sound from it. Is this due to the little isolation, or are the PFs hard to drive?

The sonics are pretty hard to describe...

I guess it's easiest if I provide a metaphor:

The TG!334 is like a good steak. Good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Delicious and filling.

The Piano Fortes are a bit finicky. They're like a good dessert. If you overindulge with them, you end up feeling sick. But when you don't use them, there's a constant craving that digs at you. And when you finally use them after a refractory period, you forget all about the discomfort that you had when you overate(listened). So far, I dig it!

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3,187 of 11,644
  Some crude impressions of the PF IX:

Also, it seems that I have to turn up the volume up pretty high to get a decent sound from it. Is this due to the little isolation, or are the PFs hard to drive?

That's very odd because the PFs (as well as the 1601s, FIBASS & FIBASB) are very sensitive phones, very, very easily driven. I'd say they're as sensitive as, or very close to, the 334s in that respect. Now, if you're wearing he IXs in a loud environment, then that might explain things... somehow, anyway, as they provide zero isolation.

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #3,188 of 11,644
Do you want to hate the PF IX? Spend a few days with the ER4S and you will.

Do you want to hate the ER4S? Spend a few days with the PF IX and you will.

Do you want to love both IEMs? You've got to have harman/karboard sparrow's ears for that.

Here's a track that sounds great through both IEMs—a track I'm quite sure Mr spkrs01 likes quite a bit (or will like quite a bit); a track our good old MF would find utterly unpalatable; a track our sleazy VH loving friend, Mr SGS, would never ever listen to unless, err… he was forced to while attempting to get lucky: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/03+Life+For+Rent/4kK0s7?src=5

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #3,189 of 11,644

Do you want to love both IEMs? You've got to have harman/karboard sparrow's ears for that.

Here's a track that sounds great through both IEMs—a track I'm quite sure Mr spkrs01 likes quite a bit (or will like quite a bit); a track our good old MF would find utterly unpalatable; a track our sleazy VH loving friend, Mr SGS, would never ever listen to unless, err… he was forced to while attempting to get lucky: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/03+Life+For+Rent/4kK0s7?src=5
And if we want to hate music_4321, who should we spend the day with?:)

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #3,190 of 11,644

I know a VH fan who listens to that song even when not trying to get lucky.

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #3,191 of 11,644
And if we want to hate music_4321, who should we spend the day with?
smily_headphones1.gif

No need to spend a day with anyone or anything, just spend a few minutes reading a few of his posts and that should do the trick. You can start here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/posts/by_user/id/104361

I know a VH fan who listens to that song even when not trying to get lucky.

I guess you could say there's still hope for Mr SGS, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back