Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #181 of 11,644
Quote:

No, they are saying that the housing is chrome copper. That and 'taking the BAM mechanism to a higher level' will result in 'the first balanced armature IEM to perfectly reproduce the sound of the human voice'.

It sounds like the Heaven VI could be a new top of the line BA IEM for Final Audio and potentially pricey. Sticking with the Heaven series cable seems a bit of a shame then. (Or is this cable better than it looks?)

The Heaven (Roman Numeral) line uses a slightly different flat cable from the old Heaven S, and though slightly better, it's not exactly a drastic improvement. It also has that new car smell whereas the old cables had no such aroma. Though definitely improved, I wouldn't call it much of an improvement, as a flat cable is still a flat cable.

Yes, it might be pricey, but I wouldn't price it above the Heaven S. The new construction is less labor intensive and doesn't require the extensive milling that the old models used to require. My sources told me that they had a problem maintaining production with the old design, and that's why they're switching over to this design.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #182 of 11,644
Quote:

Trust me, things get pushed back and canceled at the last minute all the time, especially with a small company like FAD. There have been no formal announcements of the Heaven II and Heaven VI outside of these catalogs which don't have much of a distribution, so they don't look particularly "set" to launch to me based on my experience with this stuff. Usually we get some kind of actual announcement the month leading up to a release. With the Heaven IV for instance, we had YouTube videos and third party vendors announcing their forthcoming supply. Not saying it won't happen this September, however I'm also not confident enough to act like it's a sure thing. Call it a hunch.

Okay fair enough. Yes, thinking about it now, it happens quite a bit like with the Cardas ear speakers. Well we can hope at least!

Again, I'm basing this off of my actual experience with FAD. When the 1602 Piano Forte lineup was announced, they still had the 1601 models in supply and listed prominently on their website. Even after the 1602s had been out for a year or so, the 1601 were only just then discontinued. FAD has a tendency to release new products while keeping their older lineup in circulation for a while before dropping them. When the Heaven C was released, they still had the Heaven A around for a few months despite it being the same earphone essentially (just with a different housing). Similarly, it would not surprise me to see the Heaven C and S in circulation for a while once the newer Heavens are released, before finally being discontinued.

In contrast, a company like Denon discontinues their D7000 flagship before releasing the D7100. Obviously every product gets discontinued at some point, however we're talking about discontinuation with respect to one product replacing another in a lineup specifically.

Again i see your point now. I think i am a bit tired today ;P So you see these new numerical heavens as replacements to the S and C and therefore at one stage soon they will likely be completely replaced and consequently discontinued. It seem like soon the entire FAD range will be numerical then.

I actually prefer FADs way of doing it then as it does now not give customers the choice between the old (better looking by far) D7K and now you have to get the new on if any, in Denons case. So for that respect i like what FAD do.

The Muramasa VIII isn't just "limited." It's non existent. It was discontinued right after production began and none of the few that were made were put into circulation.

Yes, you was very lucky indeed :wink:

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

It would make sense for the VI to have the prototype's more "fun" tuning that was dropped at the last minute for the production IV. Especially going by FAD's precedent of making their higher models more overtly colored.

I did not get to try the original proto like you. Was it noticeably different then and more fun? 

Quote:

No, they are saying that the housing is chrome copper. That and 'taking the BAM mechanism to a higher level' will result in 'the first balanced armature IEM to perfectly reproduce the sound of the human voice'.

It sounds like the Heaven VI could be a new top of the line BA IEM for Final Audio and potentially pricey. Sticking with the Heaven series cable seems a bit of a shame then. (Or is this cable better than it looks?)

Yes, that was what i meant. It will change the resonance in the housing so the sound will be tweaked slightly different. I posted all of this on the last page. I think everyone missed what i put as i edited it in. It is the post were i put up the screenshots of the PDF.

I am not to sure as of price but will likely be more than the IV. The cable is not the best but not to bad either. Pretty average although i am not a fan at all of flat cables and this one is rather microphonics but strong as well.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #183 of 11,644
Quote:
I have a feeling the FI-BA-SS is still going to be their top BA, with the Heaven VI replacing the Heaven S. The Heaven IV is $200, so the Heaven VI could be anywhere from $400 to $700 and I wouldn't be too surprised.

Sounds fair.

I am wondering about the chrome copper housing. Perhaps it is less expensive to work with the chrome copper in a simple shiny barrel than the Piano Forte X sculpted ion-coated design?

Or... extreme speculation... maybe the Heaven VI has proven more expensive than they had hoped, hence inducing them to pull back and add some luxury design elements like a better stalk and cable.

Maybe.  :)

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #184 of 11,644
Quote:
The new construction is less labor intensive and doesn't require the extensive milling that the old models used to require. My sources told me that they had a problem maintaining production with the old design, and that's why they're switching over to this design.

So perhaps production really is the issue, not the materials.

I still can't wrap my mind around the hows and whys of the Piano Forte X costing some $1,600 more than the Piano Forte IX all because of chrome copper construction.

Especially since I want it.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #186 of 11,644
could someone tell me how to open the rar files with the catalogues as they don't seem to want to open on my mac, thanks!

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #189 of 11,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Looking at the image (which isn't very big on my monitor) it looks like Heaven VII and not Heaven VI.

I downloaded the PDF and zoomed it into 400% --- it is indeed the VI --- I thought it looked like VII from the small JPEGs as well...

It is indeed VI

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #190 of 11,644
When I first tried the FI-BA-SS. I was really blown away.
It is not multiple drivers IEM, just as the music is dissected into various 'departments'. This IEM blends the music and produces a succulent juice. 
Everything sounds so natural. It really has a very unique presentation. Maybe due to their previous horn speakers making experience. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #193 of 11,644
I am listening to the PF IX with Foobar playing through my Headroom Micro DAC and the Stepdance. Using the Micro DAC confirms just how resolving this headphone is. No doubt it is mid-centric - the mids are a story unto themselves - but in its own way it presents a compelling balance from treble to bass. The sound is very much that of a full size headphone - albeit an unusual and very special one. I am loving it muchly.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #195 of 11,644
Finally my new toy!

Only 15 minutes in my ears but the first impression is really positive.... i compare these ones with ATH CKS 77 and CKM 55.
The first thing that  really surprised me it's how the hi hat and the snare sound, it seems to be in a recording studio (or in live stage)!

I was a little bit scared about the potential lack of basses, but everything is in the right place.

I'm trying the FI-BA-SA with WAV files imported from original CD's: Prodigy, Lauryn Hill, Beyonce, Royksopp, Lennny Kravitz....

In the next days i'll be more detailed
p.s thanks to Dimitri #@ Musica Acoustics and muppetface for her ( or his?) advice. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back