Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #11,266 of 11,642
Jan 13, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #11,267 of 11,642
Jan 13, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #11,269 of 11,642
Jan 14, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #11,270 of 11,642
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #11,275 of 11,642
Hi, How would you rate/describe B3 and E5k? As they are not at the same price range, I am curious if B3 is that better than E5k. Thx.
hi! Sorry for the late reply. Was out for the weekend.

Both Final e5k and B3 are very different IEMs.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, as they both excel in their own categories.

Final B3 focuses more on clarity, air, and details, while e5k focuses more on timbre, midrange, and bass.

The Final B3 wouldn't beat something like the Moondrop Blessing 2 in terms of "sheer resolution", however I would argue that its presentation of details is more natural and pleasant than the Blessing 2. The Blessing 2 feels "forced". Not to mention the terrible glassy timbre of the Blessing 2. Soundstage on the Blessing 2 is quite flat too albeit wide. On the B3 it is much more full with good depth and height.

In terms of bass, the Final B3's bass is actually pretty good for a BA. It is nowhere as full and dynamic as Sony's BA bass (M7 & M9), let alone the e5k,
but it is better than most of chifi's BA bass—which are mostly overly dry and unnatural sounding.

Treble on the B3 is pretty great too. While e5k leans towards a more dark, smooth, and non-fatiguing sounding treble, the treble on the B3 is much more extended, airy, and engaging.

Now moving on to the Final e5k. The best way to describe how it sounds is "euphoric". Absolutely fantastic bass, thick luscious mids, fantastic timbre, big soundstage that "wraps" around your head, smooth non-fatiguing treble, fantastic macrodynamics. Some say is the closest you can get to HD6X0 with tubes, but in the form of an IEM.

I've tried many IEMs, including TOTL ones like Sony M9 and Elysian Annihilator, nothing sounds like the Final E series line, especially the e3k and e5k.

Jan 15, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #11,276 of 11,642
hi! Sorry for the late reply. Was out for the weekend.

Both Final e5k and B3 are very different IEMs.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, as they both excel in their own categories.

Final B3 focuses more on clarity, air, and details, while e5k focuses more on timbre, midrange, and bass.

The Final B3 wouldn't beat something like the Moondrop Blessing 2 in terms of "sheer resolution", however I would argue that its presentation of details is more natural and pleasant than the Blessing 2. The Blessing 2 feels "forced". Not to mention the terrible glassy timbre of the Blessing 2. Soundstage on the Blessing 2 is quite flat too albeit wide. On the B3 it is much more full with good depth and height.

In terms of bass, the Final B3's bass is actually pretty good for a BA. It is nowhere as full and dynamic as Sony's BA bass (M7 & M9), let alone the e5k,
but it is better than most of chifi's BA bass—which are mostly overly dry and unnatural sounding.

Treble on the B3 is pretty great too. While e5k leans towards a more dark, smooth, and non-fatiguing sounding treble, the treble on the B3 is much more extended, airy, and engaging.

Now moving on to the Final e5k. The best way to describe how it sounds is "euphoric". Absolutely fantastic bass, thick luscious mids, fantastic timbre, big soundstage that "wraps" around your head, smooth non-fatiguing treble, fantastic macrodynamics. Some say is the closest you can get to HD6X0 with tubes, but in the form of an IEM.

I've tried many IEMs, including TOTL ones like Sony M9 and Elysian Annihilator, nothing sounds like the Final E series line, especially the e3k and e5k.
Thank you very much for your generous sharing!

I have the e5k now and I like it. And I saw that B3 is on sale but its still cost two times of e5k. And there is no place for me to try it in the city I live.
So I was doing some researches if B3 is two times better than e5k.

I am not a pro on Hifi and I only had less than 10 headphones, including IEM and over ears. So I dont know how some of the terms reflect on my actual listening, like airy, dark. But According to the glossary of terms of this forum, I think I like to hear as much details as I can, and I'd prefer bright over dark, good imaging/clarity, natural sound ( how instruments and singers originally sound). Speaking of soundstage I dont know how deep and wide I like but I'd like to hear when new instruments joining from a certain position when listening to symphonies. Bass dont mean a lot to me coz I rarely listen to metal/rock&roll.

It is great to see you compared with blessing 2 and IER m7/m9. I know they are pretty popular. People rate blessing2 high but I am not a fan of Chifi, and M7/M9 cost more than B3 so I guess they should have some advantage over the B3.

I am not intend to have e5k and B3 both so its a choice of either of them to me. I was considering getting the B3 and sell the e5k if B3 is overall better than e5k. But if its like your experience that they are different, but not one is better than another, I guess I might not do that.

Jan 15, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #11,277 of 11,642

I have the e5k now and I like it. And I saw that B3 is on sale but its still cost two times of e5k. And there is no place for me to try it in the city I live.

I am not a pro on Hifi and I only had less than 10 headphones, including IEM and over ears. So I dont know how some of the terms reflect on my actual listening, like airy, dark. But According to the glossary of terms of this forum, I think I like to hear as much details as I can, and I'd prefer bright over dark, good imaging/clarity, natural sound ( how instruments and singers originally sound). Speaking of soundstage I dont know how deep and wide I like but I'd like to hear when new instruments joining from a certain position when listening to symphonies. Bass dont mean a lot to me coz I rarely listen to metal/rock&roll.

It is great to see you compared with blessing 2 and IER m7/m9. I know they are pretty popular. People rate blessing2 high but I am not a fan of Chifi, and M7/M9 cost more than B3 so I guess they should have some advantage over the B3.

I am not intend to have e5k and B3 both so its a choice of either of them to me. I was considering getting the B3 and sell the e5k if B3 is overall better than e5k. But if its like your experience that they are different, but not one is better than another, I guess I might not do that.
B3 is more comparable to a shallow-fit E500 than E5000. If you wanna see a negative review on the B3, here's mine https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fin...scussion-thread.613641/page-739#post-17123441

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #11,278 of 11,642

I would say M7 is a sidegrade to the B3, with M7 being better at bass heavy genres like Hip Hop EDM and B3 being better at Pop, acoustic, jazz etc. M7 can sound "stuffy" in comparison to B3.

The M9, however, is in another league. That's my dream IEM that I would love to own one one day.

If u like your current e5k, I don't see why you should sell it to get the B3. The B3 is a dual BA IEM. Timbre and presentation of sound will be very different from the Final E line of 1DD iems.

But According to the glossary of terms of this forum, I think I like to hear as much details as I can, and I'd prefer bright over dark, good imaging/clarity, natural sound ( how instruments and singers originally sound). Speaking of soundstage I dont know how deep and wide I like but I'd like to hear when new instruments joining from a certain position when listening to symphonies. Bass dont mean a lot to me coz I rarely listen to metal/rock&roll.

However, you did mention that you prefer to hear as many details as possible and u like brighter sound? May I know how did u end up with the e5k. Since the e5k is the polar opposite of what you described

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #11,279 of 11,642
B3 is more comparable to a shallow-fit E500 than E5000. If you wanna see a negative review on the B3, here's mine https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fin...scussion-thread.613641/page-739#post-17123441
Thx for the advice. It is good to see contradict opinions on a product. I am not really digging for something negative about B3, but would like to know if it is overall better than e5k and worth spending twice as e5k to get the B3. Btw I also see the price of JVC FW1800 goes down to $220. Another formal B3 rival I guess.

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #11,280 of 11,642
I would say M7 is a sidegrade to the B3, with M7 being better at bass heavy genres like Hip Hop EDM and B3 being better at Pop, acoustic, jazz etc. M7 can sound "stuffy" in comparison to B3.

The M9, however, is in another league. That's my dream IEM that I would love to own one one day.

If u like your current e5k, I don't see why you should sell it to get the B3. The B3 is a dual BA IEM. Timbre and presentation of sound will be very different from the Final E line of 1DD iems.

However, you did mention that you prefer to hear as many details as possible and u like brighter sound? May I know how did u end up with the e5k. Since the e5k is the polar opposite of what you described
I was considering about M7 but now its over my budget. Hope I will get it some day.

I have never had any BA IEMs so I dont know the difference, but might not risk it like you said.

I chose e5k because first I liked this brand, liked how a8000/ze3000/B3/B1 sounds, from demo units and online trials. And it was the best of E line also within my budget. I'm not a fan of Chifi so passed all Chifi brands. Whats left was Final/JVC/Sennheiser. fd01/ie300/e5k. Audio technica e70 is sold out on where I can buy. Same thing with Sony, there aren't any 200-300 Sony IEMs in the UK market.

But yea I believe I like bright and detailed sound. I test IEM with different types of movies, symphonies and some vocals (pop/country mostly), and video games as well. Because for the same game, the difference between IEMs is much more noticeable. Sometimes I cant tell which IEM sound better on a certain song but the gunfire in games sound very different. Btw can I ask what do you test your IEMs with? Any songs recommendations?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back