Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 15, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #10,921 of 11,642
I usually use Comply tips.
Careful using foams with them. If they don't fit the nozzle very tightly, if/when they come off in your ear canal you'll find them hard to extract with tweezers, compared to silicone. That could end up in a costly trip to the urgent care facility.

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #10,922 of 11,642
How is the noise isolation? I'm looking for something I can use while riding a motorcycle to block out wind and engine noise. I usually use Comply tips.
E3000 or E5000 with comply comfort tip (the round one) isolate surprisingly well. Close to my Etymotic with triple flange tip, but more comfortable.

Apr 15, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #10,923 of 11,642
How is the noise isolation? I'm looking for something I can use while riding a motorcycle to block out wind and engine noise. I usually use Comply tips.

E3000 has one of the worst isolation in an IEM I've tried, due to the semi-open back design.

This design is a double edged sword, as it gives superb soundstage, but at the expense of isolation and sub-bass response. Also, the non detachable cable is very microphonic, and using it while biking will transmit lots of cable noise, unless you use it over the ear or perhaps a shirt clip may mitigate it a little.

I would strongly advise to consider alternative IEMs if isolation is the first priority.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #10,924 of 11,642
E3000 has one of the worst isolation in an IEM I've tried, due to the semi-open back design.

This design is a double edged sword, as it gives superb soundstage, but at the expense of isolation and sub-bass response. Also, the non detachable cable is very microphonic, and using it while biking will transmit lots of cable noise, unless you use it over the ear or perhaps a shirt clip may mitigate it a little.

I would strongly advise to consider alternative IEMs if isolation is the first priority.
Thanks for the advice. I usually do secure the cable so it doesn’t move around. Would the E1000 work better for isolation? It looks like it has a closed design as far as I can tell.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #10,925 of 11,642
Thanks for the advice. I usually do secure the cable so it doesn’t move around. Would the E1000 work better for isolation? It looks like it has a closed design as far as I can tell.

The E1000 is slightly better, but also not the last word in isolation.

So far the IEMs with the best isolation I've tried that are not customs are the Etymotic series, but they require deep insertion and may be uncomfortable for some. I think some of the Etymotics can give 30 - 40 dB passive isolation.

If isolation is the first priority, do consider these:
1) Custom IEM/custom eartips - a bit pricier though.
2) Avoid dynamic driver type IEMs, which tend to be vented as part of their design. In general, pure BA types are usually unvented, and they give superior isolation as such.
3) Foam tips may give better isolation (in general).

May 6, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #10,926 of 11,642
Hi, if anyone is interested I recently published my Head-Fi Exclusive* review of the Final ZE3000

*translation: I'm too lazy to set up my own review website lol

I was very impressed overall; if you're interested in reading more, just click on the convenient link below :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-ze3000.25659/review/28439/

May 6, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #10,930 of 11,642
Hi, if anyone is interested I recently published my Head-Fi Exclusive* review of the Final ZE3000

*translation: I'm too lazy to set up my own review website lol

I was very impressed overall; if you're interested in reading more, just click on the convenient link below :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-ze3000.25659/review/28439/

Thanks for the review. I was also super impressed by ZE3000 when testing it in store. It's like Final took the tuning lessons from E series and throw in the new driver from A series to create something genuinely better. If I didn't have an APP, I would have bought ZE3000.

May 7, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #10,931 of 11,642
Anyone experience the sound of the a4000 changing quite a bit? I didn't like it when I first got it, it sounded bright, almost tinny and had unimpressive bass. I liked the build a lot though. I tried multiple tips, even a balanced cable but no difference. Btw I really like the standard cable, its light, handles well, is not overly microphonic and refuses to tangle, I also like its very plain appearance. I didn't use it for many months. Recently I tried it when watching some video for an hour then, went back to listening to some bassy electronic music. I was enjoying and It took a while to realise I was using the a4000 as the bass sounded punchy and deep, the overall sound was warmer than before, not at all bright. I really enjoyed it, I was using comply tips that I've tried before, the DAC/amp was the Go Blu rather than BTR5 so I tried the BTR5 again with the same result. Either my hearing has changed or something weird happened to the a4000 as it lay neglected in a drawer for months, I suspect it is the former.

May 7, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #10,932 of 11,642
Anyone experience the sound of the a4000 changing quite a bit? I didn't like it when I first got it, it sounded bright, almost tinny and had unimpressive bass. I liked the build a lot though. I tried multiple tips, even a balanced cable but no difference. Btw I really like the standard cable, its light, handles well, is not overly microphonic and refuses to tangle, I also like its very plain appearance. I didn't use it for many months. Recently I tried it when watching some video for an hour then, went back to listening to some bassy electronic music. I was enjoying and It took a while to realise I was using the a4000 as the bass sounded punchy and deep, the overall sound was warmer than before, not at all bright. I really enjoyed it, I was using comply tips that I've tried before, the DAC/amp was the Go Blu rather than BTR5 so I tried the BTR5 again with the same result. Either my hearing has changed or something weird happened to the a4000 as it lay neglected in a drawer for months, I suspect it is the former.

I found that A4000 is an “acquired taste”. I always need a couple songs to get used to its sound signature again. The bass is subbass focus, so it feels lean but hits deep. The driver is excellent, though. After some EQing, it can shame a bunch of underperforming kilobucks. However, the need to EQ is a major annoyance to me. In hindsight, I should have bought A3000 instead.

May 7, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #10,933 of 11,642
Very beautiful

Attachments

• 20220507_160835.jpg
    20220507_160835.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
May 7, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #10,934 of 11,642
I had the same experience until I paired A4000 with AzlaSednaEarfit (regular)- and finally got a good fit/seal. Seal is paramount with this set - they got da bass (not to mention divine soundstage for the price)! But you have to connect to it with a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back