Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #9,991 of 11,654
Hi,
i have the Final E4000 with a Linsoul balanced cable and Comply eartips. I love the way it sounds with my A&k Sr25. Only criticism is isolation that has improved with the comply tips but still it is the weakest point of these imes in my opinion. This is the best iem I have had so far. I listen mainly to classical music. I have a clear case of upgraditis and thinking about improvement even though I am very happy with the present sound.
Would the Final B2 be a clear upgrade from the E4000? I am thinking about getting another iems, candidates are the B2, the Shure se535 or Etymotic Er-4xr, all around the same price 330 euros in my country. Would you recommend the B2 for classical music? How does it compare to the E4000? And to the Shure and Etymotic?
many thanks in advance for any advice.

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #9,992 of 11,654
I really enjoyed e3000 and it wow-ed me for sure when I first got it. But it didn't really do much for the female vocal songs imo. Is there anything similar to e3000 and is an upgrade? like in the 100-200$ price range?
Hi Bro, have you already buy and own the E2000? I owned E3000 and seems like we have the issue with you as I didn't really enjoy well on females voices. If you owned the E2K, does it suits well with our sound preferences?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #9,995 of 11,654
Hi,
i have the Final E4000 with a Linsoul balanced cable and Comply eartips. I love the way it sounds with my A&k Sr25. Only criticism is isolation that has improved with the comply tips but still it is the weakest point of these imes in my opinion. This is the best iem I have had so far. I listen mainly to classical music. I have a clear case of upgraditis and thinking about improvement even though I am very happy with the present sound.
Would the Final B2 be a clear upgrade from the E4000? I am thinking about getting another iems, candidates are the B2, the Shure se535 or Etymotic Er-4xr, all around the same price 330 euros in my country. Would you recommend the B2 for classical music? How does it compare to the E4000? And to the Shure and Etymotic?
many thanks in advance for any advice.

No, there is no upgrade to E4000 in Final's line up, if you want to stick to this tuning. Using the Erlkonig as a reference:
E5000: VE Erlkonig setting 1 - neutral warm with elevated bass
E4000: VE Erlkonig setting 2 - neutral warm (my favorite too)
B3: VE Erlkonig setting 3 or 4 - neutral with elevated upper mids (makes vocal/midrange more forward/aggressive)

There's no good solution to isolation problem in the E series. Dynamic drivers usually need those bass vents. Perhaps try another brand, e.g. Sony M7.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #9,996 of 11,654
No, there is no upgrade to E4000 in Final's line up, if you want to stick to this tuning. Using the Erlkonig as a reference:
E5000: VE Erlkonig setting 1 - neutral warm with elevated bass
E4000: VE Erlkonig setting 2 - neutral warm (my favorite too)
B3: VE Erlkonig setting 3 or 4 - neutral with elevated upper mids (makes vocal/midrange more forward/aggressive)

There's no good solution to isolation problem in the E series. Dynamic drivers usually need those bass vents. Perhaps try another brand, e.g.Sony M7.
Many thanks for your answer. I will continue my search for improvement in iems. My budget is limited and my candidates so far are the Final B2, the Shure Se535 and the Etymotic ER-4xr. From what I have read I am pretty sure that at least the last two would give me better isolation but I am not so sure about the sound. I like the tuning of the Final E4000 for classical music.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #9,998 of 11,654
Many thanks for your answer. I will continue my search for improvement in iems. My budget is limited and my candidates so far are the Final B2, the Shure Se535 and the Etymotic ER-4xr. From what I have read I am pretty sure that at least the last two would give me better isolation but I am not so sure about the sound. I like the tuning of the Final E4000 for classical music.
B2 is very, very bright, much like the F series. SE535 is neutral-ish, but resolution-wise it's only a product from decades ago. Etymotic is very bright also. I'm not very good at recommending at this price range, sorry cannot help you further.

E4000 has somewhat of a typical multi BA sound: meaty bass, forward mids, controlled highs. It is not a good representation of the Final house sound. I'd suggest looking at some JH audio entry level offerings, or se846 and other stage monitors.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #9,999 of 11,654
Final E3000 appreciation post

A few days back I accidentally put my jeans in the washing machine with my beloved E3000 in the pockets and 2 hours later I was left with a soggy earphone. I didn't try to check if they're working and decided to put them in a ziplock bag with desiccants.

Fortunately, they're working fine now after 72 hours of air-drying. Everything sounds as it should. I haven't tested the mic yet but the IEMs themselves sound as fantastic as ever.

I've seen many get concerned over the fixed cable on the E3000 but I guess since they've survived a literal tumble through the washing machine for almost 2 hours - many concerns over the fixed cable or the build in general can be less severe.

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #10,000 of 11,654
Finally reach 200h burn in of A8000, the highs has been tame slightly. Whole presentation is much smoother and liquid. Modded Z1R highs still is better extension beyond 10k region (prob due to exclusive 5mm Super Tweeter - Super fast but makes the presentation have coherency issue)

The mids to me is perfectly nail it. It really reminds me of the TG334 magical mids. Z1R has no match in this category IMO due to the placement is too far behind and bit too thin. But it makes up for good Classical music and it present grandness

Bass has lots of impact when comes to the right song. It beats Z1R in terms of resolution by fraction but not impact and texture. It can be hit or miss for basshead as Z1R bass is omnipresent, A8000 is controlled and will only give you the impact when the actual recording of the music requires.

To my A8000 still held the crown due to the transparency, resolution and balance in all aspect. Most importantly is Single DD so coherency is non issue, to me is true successor to legendary EX1000 ( Though EX1000 has more impact due to 16mm driver)

It is bit sad due A8000 didn't seem to catch the buzz in Headfi. There is so many TOTL release recently but I will still say this is a must try earphone of 2020. It can easily said to be my endgame😅

Kudos to Final Audio!

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #10,001 of 11,654
Finally reach 200h burn in of A8000, the highs has been tame slightly. Whole presentation is much smoother and liquid. Modded Z1R highs still is better extension beyond 10k region (prob due to exclusive 5mm Super Tweeter - Super fast but makes the presentation have coherency issue)

The mids to me is perfectly nail it. It really reminds me of the TG334 magical mids. Z1R has no match in this category IMO due to the placement is too far behind and bit too thin. But it makes up for good Classical music and it present grandness

Bass has lots of impact when comes to the right song. It beats Z1R in terms of resolution by fraction but not impact and texture. It can be hit or miss for basshead as Z1R bass is omnipresent, A8000 is controlled and will only give you the impact when the actual recording of the music requires.

To my A8000 still held the crown due to the transparency, resolution and balance in all aspect. Most importantly is Single DD so coherency is non issue, to me is true successor to legendary EX1000 ( Though EX1000 has more impact due to 16mm driver)

It is bit sad due A8000 didn't seem to catch the buzz in Headfi. There is so many TOTL release recently but I will still say this is a must try earphone of 2020. It can easily said to be my endgame😅

Kudos to Final Audio!

My feelings as well about the A8000. I recently bought an Empire Odin, and there are still areas in the sound that I prefer with my A8000. 200 hours did the trick for me, too.

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #10,002 of 11,654
And the A8000 really shines on balanced output. It appreciates the power. :)

Sep 16, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #10,003 of 11,654
And the A8000 really shines on balanced output. It appreciates the power. :)

Indeed, good thing i do have a C106 4.4mm. It really increase the depth of the music.

How does A8000 compare to your Titan?

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #10,004 of 11,654
Indeed, good thing i do have a C106 4.4mm. It really increase the depth of the music.

How does A8000 compare to your Titan?

yes, the 4.4mm balanced output on Sony DAPs are 4X of SE vs only 2X 2.5mm balanced output of AK DAPs.

Hmmm... I think it compares favourably or competes nicely. Though the Titan is more extended at both ends: the bass and the trebles.

if you are ever interested in the Titan, you should also give the Air2 a listen. Some people find it less fatiguing than the Titan. And more fun too. The driver configuration is actually the same if I recall correctly.

Sep 17, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #10,005 of 11,654
Interesting parcel came in today. My Sony Kimber Kable after market balanced 4.4mm plug cable for the Sony Z1R arrived. I thought: heck! Let’s try it with the Final B3. Listening to music off the Sony ZX 507 right. Very nice indeed. One of the things that has surprised me during my recent falling in love with Final iems again: A8000, B1 and now B3 is this: I can’t say that the B3 as bright as some reviews have been suggesting. I have been listening to them on SE 3.5 stock cables all this time off the SP2000Cu.

Anyway, I must say that I am loving the B3: very rich Sonics for BA, albeit double BAs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back